FREE AGENT WATCH 2015: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Looks like Virgil Green has interest from more than 10 teams. Wouldn't be surprised if Bengals are one of them. Arguably the best blocking TE on the market this year. Denver's trying to keep him but they don't have a ton of cap space to work with. They aren't really even trying to keep Julius Thomas though so they might have to be extra aggressive to keep Green.

Vikings have reached out to Taylor Mays via Rotoworld.  Nothing earth shattering.  I kind of expected them to be interested in a few of our FA's.  Imagine they will be looking at MJ if he cuts the ax as well.

He's fine as a 4th safety and special teamer, but I would prefer a mid-late round draft pick as the 4th Safety because at this point I think we know there's not much upside with Mays who is already 27 years old.

This is getting very interesting. Teams are active as hell today. Hope we can sign a guy or two, but not expecting much. Think I'm just prepared for the disappointment. Anybody we could target at CB? I don't like the idea of spending anything higher than a 3rd on a CB right now. Good God I wish they would restructure Leon. That money could even bring in some depth. We won't be having Newman.

Raiders and Browns both interested in Gresham. Sounds about right...

You want a focused Jermaine Gresham coming at us two times a year? With our TE coverage? I'd hate the shit out of that. He could do great things with Carr in Oakland, though. That team is about to do a 180, I'm sure. I think Carr is going to be one of the next great ones. With a few actual weapons, they could be fun to watch.

You want a focused Jermaine Gresham coming at us two times a year? With our TE coverage? I'd hate the shit out of that. He could do great things with Carr in Oakland, though. That team is about to do a 180, I'm sure. I think Carr is going to be one of the next great ones. With a few actual weapons, they could be fun to watch.

Serious question BAB... What makes you think Gresham will all of a sudden become a focused player? I think that his main problem throughout his career has been focus, and I was hoping that would've changed before now. He has the talent to be a monster, just can't seem to keep his head in the game.

Serious question BAB... What makes you think Gresham will all of a sudden become a focused player? I think that his main problem throughout his career has been focus, and I was hoping that would've changed before now. He has the talent to be a monster, just can't seem to keep his head in the game.

Oh, I don't mean for the span of the whole season. Getting away from this coaching staff and Hayes will probably do nothing but good things for his career though, honestly. But I have a feeling that he'd turn it up a notch when facing his former team. We've seen what happens when he plays angry. He can really perform.

He didn't make any more mistakes than our other big time players this year. I dunno why people keep piling on. If he goes to Oakland he's probably gonna have a decent year.

Oh, I don't mean for the span of the whole season. Getting away from this coaching staff and Hayes will probably do nothing but good things for his career though, honestly. But I have a feeling that he'd turn it up a notch when facing his former team. We've seen what happens when he plays angry. He can really perform.

He didn't make any more mistakes than our other big time players this year. I dunno why people keep piling on. If he goes to Oakland he's probably gonna have a decent year.

Dude's a monster when he wants to be, unstoppable.  Problem is, it only happens like 2 games a year.  

I'd love to have Gresham back, but it's not happening.  

@GeoffHobsonCin: Bengals nearing a two-year deal with K Mike Nugent.

The same kicker that cost us a shot at the number #2 seed and everyone wanted gone. But I'm glad they are re-signing him, he knows the system who knows if any other kicker would be able to kick the ball once it's placed on the ground.

Giants showing interest towards Brandon Graham.  A guy I really thought we would stick our nose into the mix for.  Believe there were trade rumors awhile back with us and him.

The same kicker that cost us a shot at the number #2 seed and everyone wanted gone. But I'm glad they are re-signing him, he knows the system who knows if any other kicker would be able to kick the ball once it's placed on the ground.

If we got rid of every player that made a mistake in a game that ended up causing us to lose a game we wouldn't have a roster.

Whitworth completely broke down in that one game against the ravens in 2011 or 2012. Cost us a shot at the division title. Cut him.

AJ fumbled away the division last year. Cut him.

Gio fumble in a playoff game that turned out to be a game changer (IMO anyways). Cut him.

See where I am going with this?

Don't get me wrong guys. If you want to complain about this offseason 2 weeks from now if/when we don't do much, complain away. Ill probably be right there with you.

But complaining about minor things (i.e. Lamurs tag, resigning a kicker) just makes you look like someone that complains about everything. Then when you have actually good things to complain about, its hard to take you serious cause you bitch about everything.

Sorry not directed at you personally, just a segment of you. End rant.

Wasn't piling on, or talking about anyone other the Gresham... Players always seem to turn it up a notch (or at least try to) when facing their former team. Was just wondering and thought I'd ask... Nothing to see here, carry on about your normal daily routine...

You want a focused Jermaine Gresham coming at us two times a year? With our TE coverage? I'd hate the shit out of that.

Gresham coming back to get revenge on the Bengals smacks a bit of Greg Little signing with the Bengals and immediately bragging he'd make the Browns pay.

How'd that work out?

Archived