FREE AGENT WATCH 2015: BACK TO THE FUTURE

I have a buddy who is a Packers fan who pretty much loathed Hawk.  Maybe it was the amount of money he was making attached to his play.  

That's always been the beef. He was 5th pick in the draft. He's been getting the Justin Smith treatment from Packer fans ever since he got there.

If he's healthy, he'd be a nice pickup for someone, but I don't think he fits in Cincinnati. He's a bit undersized, and not particularly fast. If you're heady and good in coverage, you can get away with that inside in a 3-4. In a 4-3, I'm not sure he can make much of an impact.

He and his wife (Brady Quinn's sister) are both from Ohio.  Would we take a look?

I would assume he would give us atleast what Maualuga did but maybe not. I do deep dynasty leagues and picked up his backup last year because he started to lose minutes and it was reported the writing was on the wall for Hawk. Not sure what was going on with him if its injury or just age.

WR
Denarius Moore-Raiders

BTE
Luke Stocker-Bucs
Lance Kendricks-Rams

LB
Bruce Carter-Dallas

Denarius Moore is a legit deep threat when healthy, and he was usually healthy before last season.  

Stocker and Kendricks are both good blockers and decent receivers.

Bruce Carter has started at all three LB positions in a 4-3.  He can cover and would be a great addition.  he was in the doghouse and not even starting for the Cowboys last year until a couple of their LBs got injured.

Denarius Moore is a legit deep threat when healthy, and he was usually healthy before last season.  

Stocker and Kendricks are both good blockers and decent receivers.

Bruce Carter has started at all three LB positions in a 4-3.  He can cover and would be a great addition.  he was in the doghouse and not even starting for the Cowboys last year until a couple of their LBs got injured.

Bruce Carter's just waiting to get hurt again. He couldn't stay on the field in college, and the injury bug has followed him to the NFL.

Falcons DT Corey Peters started 55 games for them, but they are moving on from him.  I think he would be a very good pick up.

I've been a big Peters fan for a long time. He was really ascending before he tore his achilles and how he's going to have a year logged after that.  I'd be quite happy with him as an FA add, especially if we hit a little heavier at DE.

Is there a way having hawk and maualuga makes sense? If nick Johnson is good enough to be looked at as an eventual guy at mlb could we let maualuga walk and sign hawk and use him as a bridge to Johnson. I Think 2 down mlb is a place we can save money. I am not a big maualuga supporter but I get those who are. I do like that hawk comes from a perennial winner and his ties to the state can't be denied.

Anthony Fasano was cut by the Chiefs to save about $3M.

Could be a pretty decent fit for us as a veteran blocking TE with good hands. He's not much of a playmaker or anything, but that's not necessarily what we need with Eifert here also. 

Edit: Oops, see he's already mentioned upthread. 

Is there a way having hawk and maualuga makes sense? If nick Johnson is good enough to be looked at as an eventual guy at mlb could we let maualuga walk and sign hawk and use him as a bridge to Johnson. I Think 2 down mlb is a place we can save money. I am not a big maualuga supporter but I get those who are. I do like that hawk comes from a perennial winner and his ties to the state can't be denied.

Hawk just turned 31 while Rey just turned 28. Not sure a small savings would be worth it, though there are certainly other good MLB options out there if Maualuga ends up being expensive. Can't really see him commanding more than $3-4M a year though on like a 2 year deal. The 2-down interior LBs just don't get paid that much usually so shouldn't have to worry about a bidding war on Rey M. 

Fasano makes a lot of sense.  Get him here cheaper than resigning Gresham is my guess. Has been a solid player for a long time.  Two white TEs from Notre Dame starting for us, maybe all we need is some Irish Luck.

I don't see much upside or improvement with Hawk at linebacker.  I don't think it hurts us to have a look but he was being pushed out by younger guys at Green Bay, guys who are not exactly Ray Lewis. 

Archived