Police the Police

oldschooler

Heidi Dinino-Fields Michael Quattrin
June 7 at 10:27pm · Edited ·
Facebook friends and family – PLEASE HELP! That (now viral) video of the officer in McKinney subduing a girl in a bathing suit was in OUR neighborhood. The situation was NOT what is being reported…
A DJ setup in a public space next to the private pool in our neighborhood on Friday and played loud explicit (F-bomb) music for multiple hours (it is unclear if he was invited by a resident as no one has claimed responsibility). The teenagers (both black and white) were being brought into our neighborhood by the carload because the DJ was tweeting out invites to a “pool party” for $15 (obviously unauthorized by our neighborhood). The teens began fighting with each other and pushing their way into our private pool. Some were jumping our fence. The security guard was accosted when he tried to stop the beginnings of this mob scene. Some residents who live around the park/pool area tried to come out and settle things down. The teens started yelling racial slurs at our neighbors and started assaulting people and property (throwing bottles at cars and attacking a mother at the pool with 3 young children). The first officer on the scene was by himself. At that time, the party had grown to a large, aggressive crowd. As the officer arrived, many teens started running through our neighborhood. Many of the teens were being very aggressive and yelling at the officers as more arrived.
This was a very dangerous situation for the officers AND the teens/residents not involved. The news media has refused to hear the neighborhood’s side of this story. The video being distributed is only a very small segment of what happened. This information being distributed by the media and others is extremely distorted and in some cases outright lies.
PLEASE HELP US STOP THE BROADCASTING OF THIS IGNORANCE. The media is trying to make it look like our neighborhood is a white’s only, racist area. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes in our area knows this is an outright LIE.
The unfortunate result is that our neighbors are now being threatened. We have also had cars and property in and around the park area vandalized this weekend. Unfortunately, the press and social media are trying to enflame the situation.
I am asking for your help for my family and my neighbor’s safety…PLEASE, PLEASE do not rebroadcast any of these lies.

If he's not smart enough to know to keep his stupid mouth shut, then maybe he's not smart enough to be the principal of some school in southern Florida.

Oh, you're saying he can say what he wants, 2nd Amendment and all?  Of course he can, but it's fucking stupid to sift through half-baked news reports (you'll buy our sponsors' products, right?), twitter accounts of what happened (look at me, I'm an attention whore), and single POV videos (did you miss some of the action?) and make a judgement from that tripe.  Sit on a jury, weigh all the facts (crap as they may be), then come to a conclusion.

If he's not smart enough to know to keep his stupid mouth shut, then maybe he's not smart enough to be the principal of some school in southern Florida.

Oh, you're saying he can say what he wants, 2nd Amendment and all?  Of course he can, but it's fucking stupid to sift through half-baked news reports (you'll buy our sponsors' products, right?), twitter accounts of what happened (look at me, I'm an attention whore), and single POV videos (did you miss some of the action?) and make a judgement from that tripe.  Sit on a jury, weigh all the facts (crap as they may be), then come to a conclusion.

bruce-is-drunk.jpg

I wasn't that drunk and my name's not Bruce.

Well I think you meant the 1st Amendment - the 2nd is the gun one.  Honest mistake as that seems to be the only one most people care about.

Also, that's not really what the 1st says anyway.  Also an honest mistake, as most folks seems to skim right over the "Congress shall make no law" part, which is kind of important.  Take this case for example - did Congress pass a law? Is he being charged with a crime? No? Then his rights have not been infringed upon. Legally he was allowed to speak his mind.  Nowhere does it say we will be protected from any consequences of our free speech.

This ties in with the common "I'm not allowed to say ______" - (usually something racist).  Sure, you're allowed to say it, just like other people are allowed to call you an ignorant sack of shit for saying it. Don't blame "political correctness" - you're just a bigot.  You probably say it anyway depending on who is around; own it. Or just post it on the internet anonymously, that's also a popular option.

All that being said, in his shoes I would be looking into a wrongful termination lawsuit. He expressed a relatively mundane opinion on a current event & is being crucified for it. Unless it was said in an official capacity or he was, for example, advocating something illegal/immoral or otherwise damaging to children I'm not sure they have sufficient grounds to fire him.  Then again, it's Florida, so they could probably fire him for not knowing the Lord's Prayer.

I blame Fakebook.

There is only one amendment and it's the 2nd, right?

Seriously though, I was trying to pre-emptively say he can indeed say stupid shit, but he probably shouldn't have blurted it out on social media without thinking through the consequences. 

I don't know. The orange cap was removed, looked like a real gun.

Read the whole thing. I can see how the cop would think he's about to be shot at. Another tragedy but I have a hard time blaming the cop. I'm sure many of you think if it was a white kid he wouldn't have shot him, but I think he probably would have.

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-pellet-gun-warned-friend-police-shooting-192648087.html

I don't know. The orange cap was removed, looked like a real gun.

Read the whole thing. I can see how the cop would think he's about to be shot at. Another tragedy but I have a hard time blaming the cop. I'm sure many of you think if it was a white kid he wouldn't have shot him, but I think he probably would have.

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-pellet-gun-warned-friend-police-shooting-192648087.html

Backer, no one is surprised that you have a hard time blaming the cop. You and some of the others here believe cops are blameless, regardless of what they do.

If the cops feared for their lives maybe that shouldn't have pulled up within 10 feet of the kid? 
I mean they pulled right up on him and shout him within 2 seconds.

Well, now, we do have to understand that he told the kid 3 times to put the gun down. In two seconds. Yep.

This person was not simply an employee of a business. He was a principal within the school district.

& that's where the problem lies, he was a public employee and the rules are different, as the SC has ruled that the 1A also means the gov can't do something indirectly that it can't do directly.  In other words, if he had been speaking as an individual, he would still be protected as a gov employee. He wasn't though, because Failbook lists his occupation - therefore he was speaking as an official, and that's what got him suspended.

Disclaimer:  Not a lawyer & I still ultimately blame Facebook.

Backer, no one is surprised that you have a hard time blaming the cop. You and some of the others here believe cops are blameless, regardless of what they do.

And no one is surprised that you automatically blame the cop when an incident involves a white cop and a black person. I absolutely believe, and know that cops are sometimes to blame. You guys just pick lousy examples to turn into protests.

& that's where the problem lies, he was a public employee and the rules are different, as the SC has ruled that the 1A also means the gov can't do something indirectly that it can't do directly.  In other words, if he had been speaking as an individual, he would still be protected as a gov employee. He wasn't though, because Failbook lists his occupation - therefore he was speaking as an official, and that's what got him suspended.

Disclaimer:  Not a lawyer & I still ultimately blame Facebook.

Again though, what he said was just an opinion that many people share, and not something that should arbitrarily be determined a fireable offense.

As you said above.

All that being said, in his shoes I would be looking into a wrongful termination lawsuit. He expressed a relatively mundane opinion on a current event & is being crucified for it.

And no one is surprised that you automatically blame the cop when an incident involves a white cop and a black person. I absolutely believe, and know that cops are sometimes to blame. You guys just pick lousy examples to turn into protests.

You guys,huh? Two seconds from arrival to first shot. And I pick lousy examples? Sounds like you answered your own question from a few weeks ago, doesn't it?

You guys,huh? Two seconds from arrival to first shot. And I pick lousy examples? Sounds like you answered your own question from a few weeks ago, doesn't it?

Two seconds is all it takes to get shot.

A friend told deputies he had given the pellet gun to Tamir hours before the shooting with the warning to be careful because it looked real, according to the documents.

The friend told sheriff's deputies he had given the airsoft-type gun to him on the morning of Nov. 22 in exchange for one of the boy's cellphones and planned to get it back later that day. The friend said he had taken the gun apart to fix it and been unable to reattach the orange cap that goes on the barrel to indicate it isn't the .45-caliber handgun it's modeled after.

Loehmann and Garmback were responding to a call about a young man waving and pointing a gun outside the rec center. A 911 caller had also said the gun might be a fake and the man could be a juvenile, but that information was never relayed to the officers.

The surveillance video appears to show Tamir reaching for the pellet gun, which is tucked in his waistband, when he's shot.

The agent guessed that Tamir, who was 5-foot-7 and weighed 195 pounds, was an "older teenager." Police officers at the scene shared the same belief.

Yet you think they shot him because he was black, and you are insinuating I'm a racist when you have admitted point blank that you are a racist. You'd be fine with lynching the cops in all of these incidences regardless of the truth, I guess as some sort payback for past injustices by people who are long dead. Must suck to live with that mindset.

Two seconds is all it takes to get shot.

Yet you think they shot him because he was black, and you are insinuating I'm a racist when you have admitted point blank that you are a racist. You'd be fine with lynching the cops in all of these incidences regardless of the truth, I guess as some sort payback for past injustices by people who are long dead. Must suck to live with that mindset.

Man, you're laughable. You believe a guy that said he told a kid to put the gun down three times before he pulled the trigger, and it occurred in two seconds. And water soaks in a grit faster on his stove than on any other stove on the planet. And you know what, this racist said nothing about lynching anyone, the alleged non-racist did. Reflections on your screen?

Man, you're laughable. You believe a guy that said he told a kid to put the gun down three times before he pulled the trigger, and it occurred in two seconds. And water soaks in a grit faster on his stove than on any other stove on the planet. And you know what, this racist said nothing about lynching anyone, the alleged non-racist did. Reflections on your screen?

Everything I posted had nothing to do with what the cop did or didn't say. I don't know if he told him to put the gun down three times or not, maybe he was yelling it as they were pulling up. Doesn't even matter. The cops obviously thought he was pulling a gun out of his waist band BECAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE A REAL GUN AND HE WAS PULLING IT OUT OF HIS WAIST BAND. They didn't have time to wait and see if he was going to shoot them or not. Common sense says if you've been out waving a real looking gun around, when the cops pull up, if you pull that gun out of your waist band, they're going to shoot you. That simple. Even a child understands that.

And I don't care if you think I'm racist, you think every white person that doesn't blame whitey for everything like you do is racist. My guess is you know you're full of shit and just can't admit it to yourself.

Everything I posted had nothing to do with what the cop did or didn't say. I don't know if he told him to put the gun down three times or not, maybe he was yelling it as they were pulling up. Doesn't even matter. The cops obviously thought he was pulling a gun out of his waist band BECAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE A REAL GUN AND HE WAS PULLING IT OUT OF HIS WAIST BAND. They didn't have time to wait and see if he was going to shoot them or not. Common sense says if you've been out waving a real looking gun around, when the cops pull up, if you pull that gun out of your waist band, they're going to shoot you. That simple. Even a child understands that.

And I don't care if you think I'm racist, you think every white person that doesn't blame whitey for everything like you do is racist. My guess is you know you're full of shit and just can't admit it to yourself.

I think you need to take some deep breaths, you're gonna pop a vein.

One, you posted a link with information from the investigation, that says he claimed he told the kid to put his hands up three times, but OBVIOUSLY you didn't even take the time to READ the link that you posted. 

Second, you have spent the last couple of years trying to defend the police in every way, shape, and form.

Third, I don't think white people that don't blame whitey for everything are racist.  I don't blame white people for everything, so I don't know why I'd blame you for not doing so, however, you and a few others on here like weston, try to find some way to rationalize every fucking thing that the cops do to any minority.  Doesn't make you racist, but it sure does make you look like a FOOL.

One, you posted a link with information from the investigation, that says he claimed he told the kid to put his hands up three times, but OBVIOUSLY you didn't even take the time to READ the link that you posted. 

Second, you have spent the last couple of years trying to defend the police in every way, shape, and form.

Third, I don't think white people that don't blame whitey for everything are racist.  I don't blame white people for everything, so I don't know why I'd blame you for not doing so, however, you and a few others on here like weston, try to find some way to rationalize every fucking thing that the cops do to any minority.  Doesn't make you racist, but it sure does make you look like a FOOL.

I did read the link, and like I said it doesn't matter what the cop said, or didn't say. The evidence shows they thought it was a real gun ( which is what anyone would think) and he was pulling it from his waistband.

Actually, I've expressed concern with the militarization of police, and posted an article a few days ago about the cops destroying a house that a shoplifter ran into at random. What I do is try to put myself in the shoes of both the cop and whoever else is involved. All of these incidences that you and others start screaming about seem to me that the cop involved acted reasonably, and was not just out looking to kill black people as you like to portray it. The incident a while back where the cop was caught on video shooting the guy in the back was obviously indefensible. The cop was wrong, and I think he's been charged with murder. Good.

In these threads, Weston is usually the only one talking reasonably. It's the rest of you who want to automatically indict the cops if it's a white cop and a black involved. I honestly can't believe the way some of you slam and ridicule Weston when he is making perfect sense. Keep in mind, I'm not a big Weston fan (sorry Weston), I think he's wrong about a LOT of things, but on this topic he is usually spot on, and he makes his points respectfully while the rest of you treat him like shit.

Archived