Bengals' season comes down to 1 game in postseason

If that was remotely true they wouldn't be in the playoffs every year.   This team rarely loses at home yet can't sell out a game.

We were 5-2-1 at home last year.  We got BLOWN OUT by Cleveland and Pittsburgh at home last year.  We also tied a shitty Carolina team at home.  I can see losing a close one to maybe Pittspuke at home but they gave up 25 in the fourth quarter.   I can't imagine the mood of the fans walking out of that Stadium that day.  It had to be up there with the great San Diego collapse during the Carson Ocho era which I witnessed in person. 

You can't erase that HOME Cleveland lose from your memory any time soon either.  That was an embarrassment.  Same with the San Diego playoff game  We go 8-0 at home in 2013 then lay that utter turd.  We have home games like that EVERY year.  Good teams rarely lay down at home, you can almost guarantee we will do it once or twice every year.   2012 we were 4-4 at home.  2011 we were 4-4 at home.    We shit the bed at home all the time.

We got blown out by Cleveland and Pittsburgh at home last year.  We also tied a shitty Carolina team at home.  I can see losing a close one to maybe Pittspuke at home but they gave up 25 in the fourth quarter.   I can't imagine the mood of the fans walking out of that Stadium that day.  It had to be up there with the great San Diego collapse during the Carson Ocho era which I witnessed in person.  

Only a true member of Team Eeyore could take 2 games and turn it into a pattern.   That's good hustle.

Only a true member of Team Eeyore could take 2 games and turn it into a pattern.   That's good hustle.

Only a true Kool-Aide drinker could think losses like that DON'T have an effect on the fan base, in particular ticket buyers.

Being humiliated by Cleveland and Pittsburgh at home has a NEGATIVE affect on ticket sales.  

The Bengals are 1-3 at home against Pittsburgh during the Dalton era.  They are 2-11 at home with Marvin as the coach.  They come into our stadium and kick our teeth in year after fucking year with Marvin as the coach. 

The team is 22-11-1 at home during the Dalton era.  We lose plenty of games at home, some of them in HORRIFIC fashion.   

He already brought up the manner in which we've lost at home. 

Do I have to remind you of 2?

I you guys forget just how fucking horrible Andy was that day. You think fans are overreacting to Marvin's insistence of him being the QB for forever. Watch that shit again. That's what most people think of when they think of Andy Dalton. A ginger who fails in the most PATHETIC of fashions when the spotlight is on. 

Lol remember when he tried to throw a pass in the playoffs after he was like 5 yard. past the LOS. And you want to blame the FANS for not wanting to PAY to see that type of shit? Bahahahaha

He already brought up the manner in which we've lost at home. 

Do I have to remind you of 2?

I you guys forget just how fucking horrible Andy was that day.

How could we when you bring it up every other day?  Brady posted a QBR of 11 in a game last season.

This is not meant to compare Dalton to Brady; rather it's to point out that Brady got over it and maybe you should, too.

Only a true Kool-Aide drinker could think losses like that DON'T have an effect on the fan base, in particular ticket buyers.

WTF do I care about ticket sales?  What I care about is a chorus of sad-sacks ramping up for the season by laying a groundwork to shit on every win & swing from the rafters after every loss.  I've been doing my best to go along, get along with the kinder, gentler GB.com but let me just state for the record that that shit sucks and I really wish I didn't have to deal with it on what is (ostensibly) a fan forum.  Never in my life have I seen a team asked to do so much apologizing to their so-called fans. Maybe go do something you actually enjoy FFS and come back later because they can't win a postseason game in fuckin' September.

/rant

Yeah, that 21-10-1 is only the 5th best home record in the AFC since Andy has come in the league, and the 13-2-1 in the last two is 3rd.  Who would pay to see garbage like that?

apparently not Bengal fans that make it their life mission to pimp Dalton on message board.   Thousands of face value tickets remain for the home opener of a 4 peat dynasty.

Thereby making my point about the whiny, pitifully foolishness of our fan base.

More like we are a small market team to begin with and the fan base, for the most part, just isn't that excited about the team.  If we were in a huge town like Chicago we would probably be sold out but even franchises like Pittsburgh don't sell out if they have a bad or mediocre season.

The way all professional sports is portrayed in today's media,  success in the playoffs is the benchmark for a good season, not just making it.   In 2005, we had an EXCITING team with a lot of bling finally getting us back to the playoffs after 14 years.   Today, we have a pretty vanilla but consistent team doing just enough earn that Wild Card bid which they have lost 5 times in a row.  That includes the 2009 team which was the most boring team I ever watched other than Chad.

It hurts to have Burfict out, he was fun as hell to watch.  

You say what you want about Chad, he certainly made the games interesting. 

In 2005, we had an EXCITING team with a lot of bling finally getting us back to the playoffs after 14 years.   Today, we have a pretty vanilla but consistent team doing just enough earn that Wild Card bid which they have lost 5 times in a row.

The 2005 team was mostly a leaderless bunch of selfish pricks who were more interesting in marketing their own personal brands than doing the grunt work needed to win championships.

In short order Carson, Chad, and Housh were each exposed as unprofessional fucksticks who couldn't lead water down a drain.

Small wonder that overpraised group has collectively never won a thing in their entire careers except for your sympathy.

The 2005 team was mostly a leaderless bunch of selfish pricks who were more interesting in marketing their own personal brands than doing the grunt work needed to win championships.

In short order Carson, Chad, and Housh were each exposed as unprofessional fucksticks who couldn't lead water down a drain.

Small wonder that overpraised group has collectively never won a thing in their entire careers except for your sympathy.

I've always thought that, as well, but never said it here because I figured it would be an unpopular opinion.  The team became a lot more likeable in 2011.

The 2005 team was an absolute blast and fun as hell to watch.   Carson was throwing the ball all over the place, Rudi was running bitches over and our defense bent like crazy but pulled ints and fumbles out of their asses.   Justin Smith sacking big Jen late in the 4th quarter on 4th and 13 in Pittspuke to seal the victory was FUCKING epic.   Don't ever talk bad about this team....they had heart.  

Don't ever talk bad about this team....they had heart.  

Palmer had so much heart he quit, or so goes the spin.

It's bullshit.

And Chad and TJ quit too, each in their own unprofessional way.

In fact, all three of them not only quit in some fashion before they left Cincy, all three conspired to do as much damage as possible before they left.

Because that's what you do when you have heart, right?

Palmer waged a passive aggressive war against the Bengals by ironically hiding behind the money he was paid to be a franchise player. His refusal to continue playing for the franchise afforded him the luxury of inflicting the most damage possible on the franchise, all by doing and saying nothing, as if the prick didn't owe anyone an explanation for quitting. Later the Bengals make out like bandits by trading Palmer away, but that was no thanks to Palmer. His selfish actions caused deliberate harm to this franchise and if he had gotten his way the damage would have been far greater.

More heart?

Chad claimed he was one of the poorest paid WRs in the NFL, conveniently ignoring the then massive signing bonus he had already been paid, and during Super Bowl week that year he launched into what would become a six-month long media waged hissy fit against the Bengals. The Bengals waited him out and Chad eventually half-assed it back to Cincy for the paycheck. But because he had convinced himself he was underpaid he no longer gave full effort and half assed it the rest of his time here, because that's what players with heart do. Finally dumped years later in a trade he promptly goes to a championship team and becomes a punchline, a veteran WR who can't learn a simple playbook that isn't drawn in crayon. In short order he's out of the NFL and the reality show business.

Not to be outdone, TJ Housh also ignored the way the Bengals had made him a star by focusing on his strengths while ignoring the weaknesses no other team would, a fact that would soon become all too clear in Seattle, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc. Making the story perfect is how Housh once bragged about not negotiating in good faith with the Bengals during free agency, using them only to drive up his price in Seattle. Faster than you can say overhyped journeyman Housh was quickly exposed in Seattle and shitcanned without ceremony or fanfare, a fate he could have avoided simply by being less of a dick.

Add it all up and the 2005 team is a perfect example of the very thing so many haters claim the current Bengals fanbase is guilty of. 

They were a team completely satisfied with achieving a playoff berth, and when it wasn't handed to them on a platter all of it's most celebrated star players eventually quit trying. 

Archived