The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Texans

The Good... I got today (Tuesday) off so I was not dragging at work.

The Bad... My attitude.  Still completely blown away by the nonchalance and ineptitude shown.  I guess in retrospect, it was a trap game.  Everyone including the team expected a win (some predicting a blow out) and they simply did not play for it.

Also bad no discount pizzas today from Papa John for the win.

The Ugly... pretty much everything... the loss permeates whatever good there was.

The Solution... for me, everything is riding on Sunday.  Beat Honey Badger and the Carsonals and all is right with the world.   Ice the cake with a loss by the Carolina Hello Kitties and Marsha and the Cheatriots (and the weekly ass whoppin' of the Squeels).  But Sunday is now HUGE, bigger than it was before.

Wipe the spittle from your chin & tell me again how mad I am?  That is some fine self-loathing, there, but try not to blow a gasket. So they finally lost a game, just like you knew they would for the last.. oh, 2.5 months.  No fooling you, is there.  Hilarious.

I'd like to thank JJ Watt for taking the usual post-loss hysterics to great new heights.

No self loathing here. It's a football game. Some hang onto that more that others. JJ is the man.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

maybe its his ability to have a grown man(i assume) still whining, i mean crying, i mean talkiing, about him the next day.  wah wah wah.  you dont want cam newton to dance, keep him out of the endzone.  You dont want Jose Bautista to have the most epic bat flip ever, dont serve up a fucking gopher ball in a huge game that allows him to hit it 500 feet.  You dont want JJ Watt to chop wood and be commercialized, dont let him make plays on the football field.  Afterall, that is how he made his brand, amirite?  (god, i can believe i just allowed myself to type amirite).  

as an aside, he's no different than the clown(ochocinco) im sure you cheered on for years.  the difference is, Watt isnt an asshole and destructive to his team.  Fucking jealousy, its incredible.

Frankly, I don't like any of the clowns you mentioned, even if I have one of them in my avatar.  Tired of all the narcisissits.  Look at me, look at me!  I'm the greatest guy ever!  Be like me!  Bullshit.  They all end up getting torn down when you find out they aren't everything they project themselves to be.  

Frankly, I don't like any of the clowns you mentioned, even if I have one of them in my avatar.  Tired of all the narcisissits.  Look at me, look at me!  I'm the greatest guy ever!  Be like me!  Bullshit.  They all end up getting torn down when you find out they aren't everything they project themselves to be.  

https://www.cam1newton.com/our-mission

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/05/5-coolest-j-j-watt-moments-off-the-field

http://www.branchrickeyaward.org/portfolio/jose-bautista-toronto-blue-jays/

but, you know, keep hating because they dance, chop wood, and bat flip....something something something...blah blah blah.  carry on.  

Also, Dalton has got to stop throwing the deep ball out of bounds.  That shit's infuriating.  Give your guy a chance dammit!   He was rattled last night though, could have had something to do with it.  

I highly disagree with this. That was Dalton's problem the first few years, he took WAY to many chances and led to turnovers that hurt at the most inoppotune times. I prefer he be smart with the ball.

Now I'm not opposed to his  WRs working on comeback routes or breaking off their route if he scrambles. There were a few times he got out of the pocket that I would have liked to see his WRs break off their route and come back to give him some help.

Dalton had a bad game, but for me the pass catchers had a worse one.

https://www.cam1newton.com/our-mission

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/05/5-coolest-j-j-watt-moments-off-the-field

http://www.branchrickeyaward.org/portfolio/jose-bautista-toronto-blue-jays/

but, you know, keep hating because they dance, chop wood, and bat flip....something something something...blah blah blah.  carry on.  

You can take your "hating" BS and stick it.  I don't hate them, I just don't root for them.  I wouldn't want my son to act like them.  They may do good things.  They probably do.  You can do good things, as Cam Newton does, and still be a jackass at times.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/08/cam-newton-tears-down-packers-banner-says-had-to-protect-this-house/  

You can take your "hating" BS and stick it.  I don't hate them, I just don't root for them.  I wouldn't want my son to act like them.  They may do good things.  They probably do.  You can do good things, as Cam Newton does, and still be a jackass at times.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/08/cam-newton-tears-down-packers-banner-says-had-to-protect-this-house/  

maybe you should teach your son that they are merely people playing a game for a living and shouldnt be looked upon as your role model in life.  that would be a good start.  you could also add in that all people are different and personalities cant be managed.  Determine that that's how Cam Newton celebrates making a play for his team, but i would like for you to do it differently.  Start with that instead of denegrating everyone else in this world with your self righteous bullshit.  Dont go to the game or turn the fucking channel.  We are people who are all different.  We are also all people who do good things at times, but also act like "jackasses" at times.  Unless, of course, we are perfect.  You cant shield your precious children from everything in the world.  You try to teach them your way and hope it sticks.  This business of they are going to see Cam Newton's reprehensible dancing and act like an asshole is complete bullshit.  

maybe you should teach your son that they are merely people playing a game for a living and shouldnt be looked upon as your role model in life.  that would be a good start.  you could also add in that all people are different and personalities cant be managed.  Determine that that's how Cam Newton celebrates making a play for his team, but i would like for you to do it differently.  Start with that instead of denegrating everyone else in this world with your self righteous bullshit.  Dont go to the game or turn the fucking channel.  We are people who are all different.  We are also all people who do good things at times, but also act like "jackasses" at times.  Unless, of course, we are perfect.  You cant shield your precious children from everything in the world.  You try to teach them your way and hope it sticks.  This business of they are going to see Cam Newton's reprehensible dancing and act like an asshole is complete bullshit.  

Selfrightous?  Please.  That paragraph was one of the most selfrightous diatribes I've read in a long time.  You know squat about how I teach my children and you have the arrogance to tell me how I should do it?  All I said is I didn't like how some of these guys act and you turn it into this? I don't care for the "look at me" stuff.  Period.  Talk about hating.

Someone explain to me how a QB has a good game when his WR's & TE can't hang on to the ball.  Should he have rushed for 100 yards or what?

Agreed.  There were other plays where Green didn't make the proper effort to get to a ball.  I love that guy's talent, but I wish he were more of a gamer.  Dalton was fine.  

Agreed.  There were other plays where Green didn't make the proper effort to get to a ball.  I love that guy's talent, but I wish he were more of a gamer.  Dalton was fine.  

And is anybody going to say anything about AJ's 3 key fumbles in prime time in the last year or are we going to keep with the Dalton struggles under the lights narrative?

And is anybody going to say anything about AJ's 3 key fumbles in prime time in the last year or are we going to keep with the Dalton struggles under the lights narrative?

You shouldn't expect him to try with Dalton at QB. 

Or at least that's what I was told the last time I brought this up.  YMMV.

AJ was targeted 7 times with 5 receptions.   One of the non-catches resulted in a holding call.     Dalton was not fine from Monday at all.

Most targets occurred in the first half.   Can't be a gamer if they don't go to you simple as that. 

AJ's ball security, lol has been a topic many times.     On the Houston fumble, Every week there is focus on what is and isn't a catch and most of the discussion is centered around catches that are not maintained throughout the process.   The fumble from Monday could have easily been incomplete just as much as it was a fumble.    Those are plays you have to tip your hat to the defense since it involved direct contact as he was securing and being tackled.

Not like some of his other fumbles in which were poor examples of ball security.  

AJ was targeted 7 times with 5 receptions.   One of the non-catches resulted in a holding call.     Dalton was not fine from Monday at all.

Most targets occurred in the first half.   Can't be a gamer if they don't go to you simple as that. 

Early in the last drive one of Dalton's passes was nearly intercepted because Green just sat there instead of coming back to the ball as the QB was scrambling.  The DB came back to the ball and almost picked it off.  Some on the gameday thread were giving Dalton shit for the throw, but it was Green who didn't do what he was supposed to do.  In crunch time you need football players who do what they are supposed to do.  Unfortunately, you can't count on Green to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived