Spine Surgery for Shazier

High School Harry

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/Stealers-announce-that-lb-ryan-shazier-had-spine-surgery/ar-BBGmRmG?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Stealers announce that LB Ryan Shazier had spine surgery

© Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports

The Pittsburgh Stealers announced on Thursday that injured linebacker Ryan Shazier had spine stabilization surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

This is most definitely not the news that we wanted to hear. Earlier in the week, it was noted that Shazier in fact wouldn’t have to undergo surgery. We’re not exactly too sure what has transpired between then and now.

Shazier suffered a scary-looking back injury in Monday night’s win over the Cincinnati Bengals. He was being held in the trauma center at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center prior to returning to Pittsburgh just recently.

We’ll definitely have further information on the story as it comes out. But for now, our thoughts are with Shazier, his family and the entire Stealers organization.

46 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yikes.

Looks like that's possibly career ending.

When Antonio Brown was prancing around with that Karma chant, I thought it was

not out of the question but I did question upon whom the Karma was going to fall.

Cheap shot Stealer ends his career attempting a cheap shot.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ryan-shazier-apos-spinal-injury-122908396.html

Ryan Shazier's Spinal Injury Is 'Severe,' NFL Players Union Doctor Says

Ron Dicker,HuffPost 2 hours 46 minutes ago 

Early optimism for the recovery of Pittsburgh Stealers linebacker Ryan Shazier has taken a hit.

Early optimism for the recovery of Pittsburgh Stealers linebacker Ryan Shazier has taken a hit.

Dr. Anthony Alessi, a neurologist who consults for the NFL Players Association,  delivered discouraging news after Shazier underwent spinal stabilization surgery this week. Shazier was carted off the field Monday, apparently unable to move his legs, after making a head-first tackle in a game against the host Cincinnati Bengals.

Alessi, who does not treat Shazier, told ESPN Thursday that the athlete “may not play football again.”

“This is a much more severe situation on our hands than we thought,” he said.

Initially, the Stealers said that Shazier would not require surgery, and an unidentified team source said that his situation “was better than what it could have been.”

On Wednesday the team issued a short announcement that Shazier had undergone surgery at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

Guard Ramon Foster told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the team instructed players not to comment on Shazier’s condition.

“I’m not worried about him playing for us again, I’m more worried about him,” defensive coordinator Keith Butler told the paper.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Looks like that's possibly career ending.

When Antonio Brown was prancing around with that Karma chant, I thought it was

not out of the question but I did question upon whom the Karma was going to fall.

Yeah I found that odd too, like "Don't you have a guy in the ICU right now?"

3 hours ago, whodey365 said:

I went to Browns twitter just to see if anything was being said and in his comments there are fans that have karma shirts made. Shazier may never play football again. Is that at karma or nah? 

Here's my favorite new rebuttal to any shit talking steeler fan.

I'm so excited, we're getting our Starting MLB back in a couple weeks, he's the heart and sole of our defense. The team feeds off of him and looks to him as a leader of this team. His playmaking ability is amazing its almost unmatched. How's your LB corps doing in Pittsburgh?

On 12/8/2017 at 2:49 PM, turningpoint said:

Here's my favorite new rebuttal to any shit talking steeler fan.

I'm so excited, we're getting our Starting MLB back in a couple weeks, he's the heart and sole of our defense. The team feeds off of him and looks to him as a leader of this team. His playmaking ability is amazing its almost unmatched. How's your LB corps doing in Pittsburgh?

They're ok, fighting past the Shazier injury.

Team is 11-2 and ready to take on the Pats for the #1 seed heading into the playoffs.

What seed will the Bengals be?

1 hour ago, Vontez Birth Defect said:

Team is 11-2 and ready to take on the Pats for the #1 seed heading into the playoffs.

close.. correct answer should have been "defense gave up 38 points to a team ranked 15th previously in offense, luckily the offense bailed them out. ..

or simply:

karma2.jpg

On 12/16/2017 at 12:01 PM, Vontez Birth Defect said:

LOL, how you feeling today after that complete fuck up from you QB, or your bitch of a wr just got inured, KARMA! enjoy the 28th pick in the NFL draft, maybe you guys can draft another headhunter.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:01 PM, Vontez Birth Defect said:

oh.. just saw you... that's an original name... go fuck yourself 

On 12/16/2017 at 1:54 PM, GoBengals said:

close.. correct answer should have been "defense gave up 38 points to a team ranked 15th previously in offense, luckily the offense bailed them out. ..

or simply:

karma2.jpg

I wouldn't do it...because why waste my time with those ignorant fucks????

But it would be hilarious to be like these  assholes and go to a stealer forum and use this pic as my avi.... 

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe this will teach their team to play within the fundamentals of football and not push the limits of the rules risking their players to injury 

:24: yeah I didnt think so either

League condones "steeeeeealers football". It's on them. If they'd punished him for the hit on gio maybe he would have learned but doubt it.

As a human I feel bad if he spends his life in a chair. As a football fan he should have died on the field. The city of Pittsburgh is a cancer and needs to be eliminated

Archived