I think people are reading too much into Marvin's comments regarding defensive scheme, but in the alternative universe where Guenther was gone and a new D-Coordinator was here and wanted to run a 3-4, would you be okay with that?

Billings would probably play the nose

The other linemen would be MJ and Geno

You'd have Outside LB's of Dunlap, Lawson, and Willis as well as Burfict, Vigil, and hopefully a draft pick to play the inside.

Really hope we don't go to a 3-4, just too much of a transition with the current players we have.

Billings could be a NT yes but he isnt that good, and why would you put the best 3 Tech DT in the league in Geno as a DE?

Not a fan of this idea.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Really hope we don't go to a 3-4, just too much of a transition with the current players we have.

Billings could be a NT yes but he isnt that good, and why would you put the best 3 Tech DT in the league in Geno as a DE?

Not a fan of this idea.

I think most of the players are actually very good fits for this transition.

The only problem is that the best player on your defense (Atkins) may NOT be a fit.

That would be the dilemma. 

I'm open to it though.

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

I'm fine with a hybrid.  In most defenses the main difference is little more than whether the WDE/OLB has their knuckles in the dirt or not anyway.

Also I'd hazard to guess that they're playing nickel around 1/2 the time anyway.

Archived