Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Bunghole

Why Is My Google Chrome Browser Tagging The Site As Unsafe?

Recommended Posts

Because the SSL certificate is either expired or the site is having an issue with it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I think it's the Russians...

 

 

 

Or Stormy Daniels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Because the SSL certificate is either expired or the site is having an issue with it. 

If that's truly the case then what's my workaround for it? It's not just when I click on the site URL, it's clicking on a forum header, replying to a topic, etc. Getting kinda annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Because the SSL certificate is either expired or the site is having an issue with it. 

 

 

This. Go needs to update the cert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

If that's truly the case then what's my workaround for it? It's not just when I click on the site URL, it's clicking on a forum header, replying to a topic, etc. Getting kinda annoying.

No workaround that you can do. Just got to accept that your connection to the site for now is not secure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

No workaround that you can do. Just got to accept that your connection to the site for now is not secure.

That sucks. I was looking to white flag it like adblocker lets you do. No such luck. "It's unsafe!"...click "advanced". "Go back to safety!...or proceed to go-bengals.com (unsafe)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

That sucks. I was looking to white flag it like adblocker lets you do. No such luck. "It's unsafe!"...click "advanced". "Go back to safety!...or proceed to go-bengals.com (unsafe)"

@GoBengals or @Elflocko should be able to deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bunghole said:

My browser has NEVER identified this place as unsafe before. Why is it now?

Has your son been in there again?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. It's been like that for a few days for me. I had to download Moxzilla and then click some shit, click some more shit.

And here I am. It still says I'm unsecure. Or insecure. Or emotionally fragile or something like that,

 

I tell you what one thing about this site, it makes my computer say shit no other site ever does.

So, it's got that going for it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't get on here through Chrome on my computer or my phone.

And I  can't get the app to work on my phone. And I'm not crazy about using Moxzilla

Any idea when it's going to get straightened out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I still can't get on here through Chrome on my computer or my phone.

And I  can't get the app to work on my phone. And I'm not crazy about using Moxzilla

Any idea when it's going to get straightened out?

You can.

 

when the flagged page pops up, click the small “advanced” hyperlink, read the next page carefully, then click the appropriate link.

 

I am posting via Chrome right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

This is scary. Let's get out of here...

 

See the source image

I literally shit my pants when I got the warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Yeah. It's been like that for a few days for me. I had to download Moxzilla and then click some shit, click some more shit.

And here I am. It still says I'm unsecure. Or insecure. Or emotionally fragile or something like that,

 

I tell you what one thing about this site, it makes my computer say shit no other site ever does.

So, it's got that going for it ...

Go-Bengals.com

 

The Snowflake of Bengals boards.

 

:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I still can't get on here through Chrome on my computer or my phone.

And I  can't get the app to work on my phone. And I'm not crazy about using Moxzilla

Any idea when it's going to get straightened out?

I just asked Ryan and Ed on FB about it, I'm sure well get an answer soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

You can.

 

when the flagged page pops up, click the small “advanced” hyperlink, read the next page carefully, then click the appropriate link.

 

I am posting via Chrome right now.

 

 

My computer is so old it quit letting me upgrade Chrome a few years ago.

On the version I am running it doesn't give me that option.

Thanks though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I can access the site from my laptop, but not my phone or my desktop.  (I never tried to access the site from the laptop when this issue originally appeared, but did with the other 2.)

 

Is there a way to fix this on my phone and desk top?  Preferably without erasing all my stored passwords.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...