Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
MichaelWeston

2019 Free Agency

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

this ^^

I would expect you to not be the leader in the clubhouse in bellyaching, once the collapse begins anew. 

 

That will be saved for IC...who will do so regardless of the occasion. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just getting ready to ask about KJ Wright. My son wanted him. Just saw that he's staying with the Seahawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I would expect you to not be the leader in the clubhouse in bellyaching, once the collapse begins anew. 

 

That will be saved for IC...who will do so regardless of the occasion. :lol:

No I won't be a bellyacher lol....it's all apathy for me.

 

And no truer words about IC 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I was just getting ready to ask about KJ Wright. My son wanted him. Just saw that he's staying with the Seahawks.

It is cute that you thought we actually had a shot at him. Kind of like an 8 week lab chasing a tennis ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Exploring Free Agents as we try to fill out the roster and the prices come down. Lots of depth here for camp etc. 

 

Starting with Cardinals. 

 

WR JJ Nelson-Wouldn't be a terrible veteran for camp if he doesn't get another offer. 

T John Wetzel-Wasn't tendered, he'll be 28 by the time the season comes along. He has 24 starts already. Not a terrible backup

T Joe Barksdale-Started for the Cards last year. 30 year old with 78 career starts

DE Benson Mayowa-Love this guy. Productive and under rated. 38 tackles and 4 sacks last year. 73.3 PFF rating. 

DT Rodney Gunter-Also under rated. 4.5 sacks and 44.5 tackles last year. 70.3 PFF rating

LB Gerald Hodges-Puts up numbers whenever he plays but bounces around alot. 55 tackles. Just a 56 PFF rating

LB Jeremy Cash-Would be a hybrid or nickel LB/S. Injuries have derailed him but a pretty good athlete if I remember correctly. IMO a perfect guy for camp. Likely to end up with Browns.

S Tra Boston-74.1 pff rating last year. 79 tackles, 3 int, 9 passes defensed. Will only be 27 at the start of the season, feels like he has been around forever. 

20081211_vultures_560x375.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It is cute that you thought we actually had a shot at him. Kind of like an 8 week lab chasing a tennis ball. 

I said my son wanted him. I didn't mention any expectations. Plus it was an update. Reading curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hooky said:

I said my son wanted him. I didn't mention any expectations. Plus it was an update. Reading curve.

Just kidding. No way Bengals pay for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SF2 said:

Just kidding. No way Bengals pay for him. 

My son's 15. He's naive. And I'm not that familiar with KJ Wright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Finally a visit. :lol:

 

You do know that no one was allowed to visit,  or sign, before today right (I guess technically after 4PM yesterday)?  Until today teams could only talk to agents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Girevik said:

You do know that no one was allowed to visit,  or sign, before today right?  Until today teams could only talk to agents. 

Not everything posted on the internet is meant to be literal. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Girevik said:

You do know that no one was allowed to visit,  or sign, before today right?  Until today teams could only talk to agents. 

Point well taken. During the Legal Tapering phase, agents had their price targets, and teams had their player targets. There was only enough time allotted for the "big names". The "visiting" types (didn't we used to call them Tier 2?) were not directly targeted one way or the other during Legal Tampering.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Wright is a high level LB, we don't want any of those here

This is turning into a big pity party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Not really, it is just so easy to see how this team operates and why it does so. 

Yes, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Not everything posted on the internet is meant to be literal. ;)

I don't know how to take that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hooky said:

This is turning into a big pity party.

Nah, I will save my pity party for the when PBS is 60% new Browns fans when we play them.  Half with Baker Gayfield jersies and the other with OHell Beckam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

Last time this team had real media hype about them was when the original Chad Johnson and early OchoCinco was playing.

Who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Who cares?

My kids did.  They loved Chad, Carson and TJ.  All of them and their friends were wearing Bengals gear to school.  They were huge Bengals fans until a few years ago.  My oldest son gave up on them after the San Diego loss, just a Saints fan now.  Youngest quit caring in the last few years, bastard became a bandwagon Brady loving Patriots fan.  Kid hates Andy Dalton.

 

My Dad took me to my first 10 or 12 Bengals games.  The 90s pretty much broke him.  He loved Drew Brees at Purdue and became a San Diego fan and was always a Saints Fan so was overjoyed when he went there. 

 

It absolutely matters.  I hardly see any young kids with Bengals stuff on anymore.  Most have LeBron Cavs shit, Lakers, Warriors crap or other teams like Green Bay and Pittspuke.   I have seen more kids with Cincinnati FC stuff on lately than Bengals. 

 

I used to go to games with my friends in their Bengal Bus.   They finally all sold their season tickets and sold the bus.  Its hard to sell tickets for a team with only one legitimate star on it surrounded by mostly mediocre nobodies.  I know Atkins is a great player but he is not a star like Mack, Bosa, Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly or JJ Watt plus he plays on a meh defense. 

 

It is supposed to be entertaining.  Recent Bengals football is far from entertaining.  They had problems selling playoff tickets it has gotten so bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SF2 said:

20081211_vultures_560x375.jpg

I love this. 

 

We should be the Cincinnati Turkey Vultures. 

Or the Cincinnati Laurel Resters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My kids did.  They loved Chad, Carson and TJ.  All of them and their friends were wearing Bengals gear to school.  They were huge Bengals fans until a few years ago.  My oldest son gave up on them after the San Diego loss, just a Saints fan now.  Youngest quit caring in the last few years, bastard became a bandwagon Brady loving Patriots fan.  Kid hates Andy Dalton.

 

My Dad took me to my first 10 or 12 Bengals games.  The 90s pretty much broke him.  He loved Drew Brees at Purdue and became a San Diego fan and was always a Saints Fan so was overjoyed when he went there. 

 

It absolutely matters.  I hardly see any young kids with Bengals stuff on anymore.  Most have LeBron Cavs shit, Lakers, Warriors crap or other teams like Green Bay and Pittspuke.   I have seen more kids with Cincinnati FC stuff on lately than Bengals. 

 

I used to go to games with my friends in their Bengal Bus.   They finally all sold their season tickets and sold the bus.  Its hard to sell tickets for a team with only one legitimate star on it surrounded by mostly mediocre nobodies.  I know Atkins is a great player but he is not a star like Mack, Bosa, Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly or JJ Watt plus he plays on a meh defense. 

 

It is supposed to be entertaining.  Recent Bengals football is far from entertaining.  They had problems selling playoff tickets it has gotten so bad. 

Winning is the only thing that matters. They could dump this whole team and start from scratch and if they won, no one would give any of those players a second thought.

That said, the only way this team will ever win anything is by sucking so bad that they luck into a franchise changing QB.

So really losing, and losing bigly, is our only hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×