Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
oldschooler

NFL Superstar Club: JuJu Smith-Schuster in, A.J. Green out

Recommended Posts

Thanks. Mondays suck enough without having to vomit uncontrollably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see how this douche bag fairs as the number one before making ridiculous claims such as this.

 

Dude doesn't have shit on AJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take a step back and take off the rose colored glasses the analysis is pretty spot on.  Yeah, fuck the Stealers and all that but it is hard to dispute what was written.  Eddie Brown didn't have anything on Chris Collinsworth until he did.  Collinsworth was 29 when he retired. It isn't a game for old guys unless you are a QB or are superhuman like Fitzgerald or Rice.  Green doesn't seem to have the superhuman gene.  Most guys don't,  Dez Bryant being a good example.

 

As the Rolling Stones once sang, "Time waits for no one, no favours has he , Time waits for no one, and he won't wait for me" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Griever said:

Let's see how this douche bag fairs as the number one before making ridiculous claims such as this.

 

Dude doesn't have shit on AJ.

While I agree with the sentiment, I would like it if you reworded your last sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

According to the author Tom Brady is also out too, so yeah...

He and Brees should both be out. Performance dropped off considerably near end of season. Looked old in Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

He and Brees should both be out. Performance dropped off considerably near end of season. Looked old in Super Bowl. 

In the Super Bowl....that he won...again 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter: the media line is over 30=old=no good. Follow the herd...baaaah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Doesn't matter: the media line is over 30=old=no good. Follow the herd...baaaah. 

Lots of that going on today in places other than professional football

and its scary as hell.

 

AJ > Jar Jar by a wide margin.

Fuck the Stealers and Jar Jar, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

In the Super Bowl....that he won...again 

lol.. right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

In the Super Bowl....that he won...again 

They scored 13 points against a very average defense.  The defense and running game won that Super Bowl just like the defense won Manning's last Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Doesn't matter: the media line is over 30=old=no good. Follow the herd...baaaah. 

Nobody is saying that, straw man argument.  What people are saying is that Green has missed 13 games the last 3 years and is coming off a surgery that isn't always successful.   They are also saying that in his last full season (2017 with bad oline), every one of his receiving metrics dropped.  Add in our Oline in going to be worse than last year (little change and Boling gone) and its easy to elevate Shuster over Green for 2019.  Hate the Stealers all you want, they have 3 pro bowl lineman on their team and the Rapist likes to throw the ball.   Their oline is light years better than ours.

 

If Green and Shuster switched teams and Green stayed healthy, he would be a top 3 receiver in the league.  Big Jen threw for 5000 yards last year, the Bengals threw for 3290.   Dalton will not have nearly the time to throw the Rapist will.  Sorry but facts can be troubling things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SF2 said:

They scored 13 points against a very average defense.  The defense and running game won that Super Bowl just like the defense won Manning's last Super Bowl. 

Speaking of strawman arguments....

 

The Pat's also scored 41 and 37 points in the other playoff games, while Brady threw for over 340 yards on both games.

 

Is he due to regress because of age, absolutely. But to say he's not apart of some bs superstar club because of his age is just ridiculous. 

 

Last year Brady threw for over 4,300 yards and had a passer rating over 97. He's still in a great offense and has plenty of weapons around him,  just like the author predicted Andrew Luck was going have a down year in 2018, newsflash he didn't,  so will Brady. 

 

As for AJ, if he has a healthy Dalton he will put up big numbers.  He's the most complete WR in the NFL and does more with less, future HOFer. I will bet money that he outperforms JuJu this year.

 

JuJu is going from being protected by having AB on the other side of the field drawing a constant double team to having Donte Moncrief and Eli Rogers on the field with him, btw Boyd had more yards than both of those guys combined last year, so obviously he will face more attention and have considerably less talent around him than last season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Speaking of strawman arguments....

 

The Pat's also scored 41 and 37 points in the other playoff games, while Brady threw for over 340 yards on both games.

 

Is he due to regress because of age, absolutely. But to say he's not apart of some bs superstar club because of his age is just ridiculous. 

 

Last year Brady threw for over 4,300 yards and had a passer rating over 97. He's still in a great offense and has plenty of weapons around him,  just like the author predicted Andrew Luck was going have a down year in 2018, newsflash he didn't,  so will Brady. 

 

As for AJ, if he has a healthy Dalton he will put up big numbers.  He's the most complete WR in the NFL and does more with less, future HOFer. I will bet money that he outperforms JuJu this year.

 

JuJu is going from being protected by having AB on the other side of the field drawing a constant double team to having Donte Moncrief and Eli Rogers on the field with him, btw Boyd had more yards than both of those guys combined last year, so obviously he will face more attention and have considerably less talent around him than last season. 

No way a healthy Green out performs a healthy JuJu.  Dalton will not have time to throw.  Rothliesburger stands back there for an eternity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SF2 said:

No way a healthy Green out performs a healthy JuJu.  Dalton will not have time to throw.  Rothliesburger stands back there for an eternity. 

Two words: play action.....you gotta believe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Two words: play action.....you gotta believe...

I wish I could be but I was supposed to believe we had Whit, Zeitler and Andre Smith’s replacement in 2017.  I was misled.  Imagine AJ, Dalton and Mixon with 3 pro bowl lineman in front of them.  Fucking Stealers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To attack a strawman, means diverting to a subject which is not the subject of the original statement. The entire article is premised by the statement over-30=old=no good. It is not even a simple premise, it is stated. And, it is false. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire article is NOT premised as such. The author spent almost the entire paragraph discussing his recent injuries and health. He also discussed the cold hard fact, something Green even admits, that he didn’t play up to his formerly elite standards in 2017 which was his last full season.  He never once said Green, at 31 was too old only that his best days may be behind him due to injuries.  He went out of his way to praise Green and said he had carried the team offensively for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jub-jub Schmuck-Shithead managed to have one single season that matched AJ's career average, therefore Jub-jub is better because.. um.. (Collinsworth voice) "deez Pitburk Stillar harf harf!" rubs nipples

 

Let's see.. if we multiply AJ's average game by the number of games he missed because a Steeler twisted his ankle..

 

Gosh IDK, what does PFF say? AJ scored a +.029 yesterday's news.. Boy this is a tough one!  One guy has consistently performed at an elite level, but some guy from The Pittsburgh Stealers had a really good year before Antonio Brown left.. How can you decide? Which one is wearing the Pittsburgh Steeler jersey again?  Clearly they are the better team in every conceivable way when allowed to make their own rules so you gotta go with Pittsburgh! 

 

What was the question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no question. It is a media echo chamber released to the reading public as the holy parchments. Believe it, or be shunned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Jub-jub Schmuck-Shithead managed to have one single season that matched AJ's career average, therefore Jub-jub is better because.. um.. (Collinsworth voice) "deez Pitburk Stillar harf harf!" rubs nipples

 

Let's see.. if we multiply AJ's average game by the number of games he missed because a Steeler twisted his ankle..

 

Gosh IDK, what does PFF say? AJ scored a +.029 yesterday's news.. Boy this is a tough one!  One guy has consistently performed at an elite level, but some guy from The Pittsburgh Stealers had a really good year before Antonio Brown left.. How can you decide? Which one is wearing the Pittsburgh Steeler jersey again?  Clearly they are the better team in every conceivable way when allowed to make their own rules so you gotta go with Pittsburgh! 

 

What was the question?

Or is could be that Ju Ju is now the number 1 receiver, he is playing on a team with one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and his QB is a future Hall of Famer.  Sure, Big Jen is a rapist, he also turned a 6th round WR named Antonio Brown into the most productive wide receiver in football the last 6 years.   Since AJ Green entered the NFL he has 8907 yards receiving, Brown has 11,050.  That is on the rapist.

 

Yes, AJ Green has consistently performed at an elite level but he plays for the Bengals, a team that let its offensive line turn to shit and thinks a broken down player who has missed 45 games in 5 years is the answer at tight end.  They also think one of the worst RTs in the game deserved a long term deal.   A team that drafted another hurt player in the first round.  A team that drafted a guy with the #9 pick that ran fast in his underwear.   He also has Andy "Throw it high and hope he doesn't die" Dalton throwing passes at him.   Green risks his life every time he goes out for a pass from Dalton who consistently forces him to expose himself to big hits either by going up for the ball or having to stop at yet another ball thrown slightly behind him.  

 

And since Green and Dalton arrived the team is 3-14 against Pittsburgh so yeah, Pittsburgh been pretty much better in almost every conceivable way.  Its no conspiracy, its an inept front office that is using a slide ruler, graph paper,  Ouija Board and Hope as a draft strategy and wouldn't spend an extra nickle in free agency to get this team over its playoff win drought.  Lets keep that coach around who is 0-7 in the playoffs and is a whole 9 games over .500 lifetime after 16 seasons. 

 

Don't worry though, this new crew of never been coaches will fix everything.  I will be shocked if Green re-signs here.  My guess is he will be a Carolina Panther next year and no, I really don't care what he says in public, he has class and will leave that way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ that's mostly a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with AJ or how we might rate him.  Unless your argument was that he deserves HoF consideration given his productivity under the circumstances?  

 

I will say this, it would not surprise me at all if we have a hard time extending any of our decent veterans over the next couple of years.  We've got 2 position groups that may not have an NFL-caliber starter between them & will need to restock at other spots along the way.  If it's another 4-6 win season these older guys are going to look elsewhere for a shot at going out on top.  Who could blame them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

^ that's mostly a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with AJ or how we might rate him.  Unless your argument was that he deserves HoF consideration given his productivity under the circumstances?  

 

I will say this, it would not surprise me at all if we have a hard time extending any of our decent veterans over the next couple of years.  We've got 2 position groups that may not have an NFL-caliber starter between them & will need to restock at other spots along the way.  If it's another 4-6 win season these older guys are going to look elsewhere for a shot at going out on top.  Who could blame them?

It doesn’t matter how good he is, WRs ultimately have to produce and they need the team around them to do it.   Green is being wasted here just like Megaton was in Detroit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×