Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jamie_B

Dre Kirkpatrick Released

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Warrick didnt live up to his draft spot but once Chad came onto the scene I thought Peter played a pretty good #2 slot WR. And for ending his career early by playing hurt when he should not have so that the Bengals could make the playoffs (sad they missed them for him) in his final year, I will always be a fan.

Not a Warrick hater but as the overall #4 pick he was a bust particularly since he got paid under the old rookie salary rules.  Less than 3000 receiving yards lifetime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 4:55 AM, UncleEarl said:

Not true.  Tibs has been around for a long time.  His act is an acquired taste, but he is a Bengals fan. 

The funniest thing is that back in the day on the Insiders board I used the Simpsons Bumblebee man as my avatar (I love the Simpsons) and Bengal fans used the fact that his colors were black and yellow as "proof" that I was a Stiller fan.   And yes, I did live in Shittsburgh for 6 years and they won 2 titles while I was there which was quite painful. 

 

I don't care how many games Big Fatty started.  He was a disappointment.  Sure not a bust on the level of Mandarich or Leaf, but he didn't accomplish much of anything.

 

Takeo Spikes was good, but eh.  Whatever.  Not an All Pro

 

Gene Adkins is great.  But is he Aaron Donald?  Is she Suh in his prime?  No and that's the problem.  Again, no Ray Lewis.  No Peppers.  No Polamalu.  Those guys are rare but you would think in 30 years they would set somebody.  Rats and Stillers have had several. 

 

I agree that for 2 years Burfict was *that* guy.  The Bengals throughout their history have not that *that* guy on defense - they have had plenty on offense and that is why they have 0 titles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

The funniest thing is that back in the day on the Insiders board I used the Simpsons Bumblebee man as my avatar (I love the Simpsons) and Bengal fans used the fact that his colors were black and yellow as "proof" that I was a Stiller fan.   And yes, I did live in Shittsburgh for 6 years and they won 2 titles while I was there which was quite painful. 

 

I don't care how many games Big Fatty started.  He was a disappointment.  Sure not a bust on the level of Mandarich or Leaf, but he didn't accomplish much of anything.

 

Takeo Spikes was good, but eh.  Whatever.  Not an All Pro

 

Gene Adkins is great.  But is he Aaron Donald?  Is she Suh in his prime?  No and that's the problem.  Again, no Ray Lewis.  No Peppers.  No Polamalu.  Those guys are rare but you would think in 30 years they would set somebody.  Rats and Stillers have had several. 

 

I agree that for 2 years Burfict was *that* guy.  The Bengals throughout their history have not that *that* guy on defense - they have had plenty on offense and that is why they have 0 titles. 

Cant disagree on stalwart players on defense..

Noone is Aaron Donald ok?

Adkins just made the All Decade team so hes been a great one..no debate...

The Stealers philosophy seemed to start with Chuck Noll's obsession with the front 7 on defense and a very good offensive line.

It worked good enough to win 4 super bowls ..

Seems theyve continued that idea since then..

Bengals have a good front four this year

but as usual struggle to find good backers

aside from Burfict ...

Hopefully they rectify that this draft...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

The funniest thing is that back in the day on the Insiders board I used the Simpsons Bumblebee man as my avatar (I love the Simpsons) and Bengal fans used the fact that his colors were black and yellow as "proof" that I was a Stiller fan.   And yes, I did live in Shittsburgh for 6 years and they won 2 titles while I was there which was quite painful. 

 

I don't care how many games Big Fatty started.  He was a disappointment.  Sure not a bust on the level of Mandarich or Leaf, but he didn't accomplish much of anything.

 

Takeo Spikes was good, but eh.  Whatever.  Not an All Pro

 

Gene Adkins is great.  But is he Aaron Donald?  Is she Suh in his prime?  No and that's the problem.  Again, no Ray Lewis.  No Peppers.  No Polamalu.  Those guys are rare but you would think in 30 years they would set somebody.  Rats and Stillers have had several. 

 

I agree that for 2 years Burfict was *that* guy.  The Bengals throughout their history have not that *that* guy on defense - they have had plenty on offense and that is why they have 0 titles. 

Other than the few grammatical errors this is pretty much spot on.  Other than Fulcher maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many Bengals have been first team All-Pro on defense? 

 

Here is are the sad facts:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/all-pros.htm

 

Only one defender has been first team All Pro more than once.


Atkins.

 

Then again only 3 players have been All-Pro on offense more than once:

Willie Anderson

Chad Johnson

Munoz.

 

That's 4 total.  The Ravens have 7.   The Stillers have 17.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

How many Bengals have been first team All-Pro on defense? 

 

Here is are the sad facts:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/all-pros.htm

 

Only one defender has been first team All Pro more than once.


Atkins.

 

Then again only 3 players have been All-Pro on offense more than once:

Willie Anderson

Chad Johnson

Munoz.

 

That's 4 total.  The Ravens have 7.   The Stillers have 17.

 

Theyve had quite a few players make it once and all of them had good careers..

Since Pittsburgh loves to load up on olinemen and back 7 id assume many of them have made it..

Baltimore focues on linebackers alot so id guess a few have made it..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Theyve had quite a few players make it once and all of them had good careers..

Since Pittsburgh loves to load up on olinemen and back 7 id assume many of them have made it..

Baltimore focues on linebackers alot so id guess a few have made it..

 

 

 

Any award based on the voting of sports journalists is of dubious value.   All the speculation around Burrow should demonstrate how much of an agenda they're trying to push.  Being voted All-Pro is 100x more of an accomplishment (such as it is) playing here vs Pittsburgh, where anyone a tick over average is a likely Pro Bowl candidate.  It takes being a consistently top player at your position like Geno to get noticed at all as a Bengal.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

 

Any award based on the voting of sports journalists is of dubious value.   All the speculation around Burrow should demonstrate how much of an agenda they're trying to push.  Being voted All-Pro is 100x more of an accomplishment (such as it is) playing here vs Pittsburgh, where anyone a tick over average is a likely Pro Bowl candidate.

Love it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember James Laurenitis being a really good linebacker for the St Louis Rams for 7 years.   He was their best player for years but their team was terrible during that time frame (Spagnola and Fisher) and he got no recognition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 8:19 PM, tibor75 said:

The funniest thing is that back in the day on the Insiders board I used the Simpsons Bumblebee man as my avatar (I love the Simpsons) and Bengal fans used the fact that his colors were black and yellow as "proof" that I was a Stiller fan.   And yes, I did live in Shittsburgh for 6 years and they won 2 titles while I was there which was quite painful. 

 

I don't care how many games Big Fatty started.  He was a disappointment.  Sure not a bust on the level of Mandarich or Leaf, but he didn't accomplish much of anything.

 

Takeo Spikes was good, but eh.  Whatever.  Not an All Pro

 

Gene Adkins is great.  But is he Aaron Donald?  Is she Suh in his prime?  No and that's the problem.  Again, no Ray Lewis.  No Peppers.  No Polamalu.  Those guys are rare but you would think in 30 years they would set somebody.  Rats and Stillers have had several. 

 

I agree that for 2 years Burfict was *that* guy.  The Bengals throughout their history have not that *that* guy on defense - they have had plenty on offense and that is why they have 0 titles. 

Why don't you type out reasoned opinions more often, much like this one? Instead you constantly demean people's opinions of you, while trying to promote yourself as an asshole. Is there a goal in all that somewhere for you to try to get on people's last nerve constantly? I know you're a smart guy, I've known it for a long time, but I don't get games that you play.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Why don't you type out reasoned opinions more often, much like this one? Instead you constantly demean people's opinions of you, while trying to promote yourself as an asshole. Is there a goal in all that somewhere for you to try to get on people's last nerve constantly? I know you're a smart guy, I've known it for a long time, but I don't get games that you play.   

Some are amused and enjoy getting under

peoples skin to annoy them.

Perverse personalities regardless of intelligence .

Makes for a odd duck...

Hes an odd duck...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bengaled said:

Why don't you type out reasoned opinions more often, much like this one? Instead you constantly demean people's opinions of you, while trying to promote yourself as an asshole. Is there a goal in all that somewhere for you to try to get on people's last nerve constantly? I know you're a smart guy, I've known it for a long time, but I don't get games that you play.   

I get a kick out of Tibor's posts.  He's that raging ID inside all of us.  You just have to understand his schtick and don't take the bait!  On the other hand you can just put him on ignore.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bengaled said:

Why don't you type out reasoned opinions more often, much like this one? Instead you constantly demean people's opinions of you, while trying to promote yourself as an asshole. Is there a goal in all that somewhere for you to try to get on people's last nerve constantly? I know you're a smart guy, I've known it for a long time, but I don't get games that you play.   

It's difficult to come up with reasoned opinions to when people post things like:

 

The Patriots are going to trade for Andy Dullton and go to the Super Bowl!

I wish Marvin Lewis was still the coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

The Patriots are going to trade for Andy Dullton and go to the Super Bowl!

I wish Marvin Lewis was still the coach

Why do you care if some people think that? How is that affecting YOU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

It's difficult to come up with reasoned opinions to when people post things like:

 

The Patriots are going to trade for Andy Dullton and go to the Super Bowl!

I wish Marvin Lewis was still the coach

No kidding. Everyone knows the Patriots are gonna wait until Dalton is released, pick him up and then go to the Super Bowl.  Duh. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Why do you care if some people think that? How is that affecting YOU?

Hilarious...

 

What's the point of an internet message board? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to interrupt here but...

 

th-7.jpeg

 

Speaking of Kre Dirkpatrick, 

sort of interesting that no one has picked is

former first round pick self up yet.

Just sayin' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Hilarious...

 

What's the point of an internet message board? 

To act like a petulant little child, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tibor75 said:

It's difficult to come up with reasoned opinions to when people post things like:

 

The Patriots are going to trade for Andy Dullton and go to the Super Bowl!

I wish Marvin Lewis was still the coach

 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Hilarious...

 

What's the point of an internet message board? 

I guess to be a sarcastic negative poster..

Im sure you'd agree..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why won't this thread DIE?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...