Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dude... who gives a fuck?

Chip by Gio was the key on that throw

we aren't a good team, but neither are they they have played two god teams and got smoked in both..    plus baker is a huge douche bag 

1 minute ago, Shebengal said:

Was it just me, or was the pass protection better in the 2nd half?

 

You are correct. Burrow was sacked 4 times but i believe they were all in the first half. Too many sacks but they  put up 34 and did more than enough to win the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

Was he? Maybe 10 snaps.

 

Could be, but he wasn't effective.  He's allowed to be frustrated but they've turned him into a pass-rush specialist and yet the Bengals continue to give the QBs a comfortable, socially-distanced pocket to work in.  That's on everyone (mostly the coaches, I agree).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

 

Could be, but he wasn't effective.  He's allowed to be frustrated but they've turned him into a pass-rush specialist and yet the Bengals continue to give the QBs a comfortable, socially-distanced pocket to work in.  That's on everyone (mostly the coaches, I agree).

Out of curiosity, how effective was the guy they replaced him with?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Out of curiosity, how effective was the guy they replaced him with?

 

Oh, Lawson hasn't done anything either, but on third downs they're letting Carlos take his shots.  He's the guy.  Kareem is there on run plays and seems to be as good (maybe better), so might as well let him get some snaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DudleyDawson said:

You are correct. Burrow was sacked 4 times but i believe they were all in the first half. Too many sacks but they  put up 34 and did more than enough to win the game.


yeah that OL held up well enough to score 34....you’re definitely not supposed to lose when you score that many points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

 

Oh, Lawson hasn't done anything either, but on third downs they're letting Carlos take his shots.  He's the guy.  Kareem is there on run plays and seems to be as good (maybe better), so might as well let him get some snaps.

They have him on the depth chart behind guys that they picked up last week. You're talking about the RDEs. Carlos is behind Armani Bledsoe.

It's easy to say "Oh, Dunlap looks like he's lost a step", but c'mon... Armani Bledsoe?

And hell's bells if that wasn't the same take the same people had on AJ Green before the Bengals decided to get him involved.

What about 22 for 22 and losing a game in the last minute gives you such confidence in the competence of our coaching staff? I find this puzzling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

They have him on the depth chart behind guys that they picked up last week. You're talking about the RDEs. Carlos is behind Armani Bledsoe.

It's easy to say "Oh, Dunlap looks like he's lost a step", but c'mon... Armani Bledsoe?

And hell's bells if that wasn't the same take the same people had on AJ Green before the Bengals decided to get him involved.

What about 22 for 22 and losing a game in the last minute gives you such confidence in the competence of our coaching staff? I find this puzzling.


No doubt Dunlop is being punished for more than poor play. It’s a dumpster fire any way you look at it. Dunlop’s behavior is still bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

They have him on the depth chart behind guys that they picked up last week. You're talking about the RDEs. Carlos is behind Armani Bledsoe.

It's easy to say "Oh, Dunlap looks like he's lost a step", but c'mon... Armani Bledsoe?

And hell's bells if that wasn't the same take the same people had on AJ Green before the Bengals decided to get him involved.

What about 22 for 22 and losing a game in the last minute gives you such confidence in the competence of our coaching staff? I find this puzzling.

 

Well I said in my first response that it's "mostly the coaches", maybe you missed it. 

 

Speaking very precisely about Carlos Dunlap - who is the second or third highest paid player on the team - he hasn't performed, plain and simple.  Has the whole unit sucked?  Hell yes.  Does it mean automatically you bench vets and hand the team over to rookies and street players?  No, but Carlos hasn't handled this in anywhere close to a professional way, and that's on him.  Something has been going on off the field that none of us knows about - it's easy to speculate, but from what we can *see*, a highly-paid, underperforming vet player got benched and his immediate response was go to Twitter and complain to the fans/public.  That's my beef.  Him going nuts on the sidelines is just a continuation of that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

 

Well I said in my first response that it's "mostly the coaches", maybe you missed it. 

 

Speaking very precisely about Carlos Dunlap - who is the second or third highest paid player on the team - he hasn't performed, plain and simple.  Has the whole unit sucked?  Hell yes.  Does it mean automatically you bench vets and hand the team over to rookies and street players?  No, but Carlos hasn't handled this in anywhere close to a professional way, and that's on him.  Something has been going on off the field that none of us knows about - it's easy to speculate, but from what we can *see*, a highly-paid, underperforming vet player got benched and his immediate response was go to Twitter and complain to the fans/public.  That's my beef.  Him going nuts on the sidelines is just a continuation of that.

How about instead, he wants to play and help this team win in what his doing.   He is showing he cares unlike the other players that just toe the same old line.  Anyone that thinks those other players are better than him are foolish. Did any of them get pressure or a sack? What? One time? 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

 

Well I said in my first response that it's "mostly the coaches", maybe you missed it. 

 

Speaking very precisely about Carlos Dunlap - who is the second or third highest paid player on the team - he hasn't performed, plain and simple.  Has the whole unit sucked?  Hell yes.  Does it mean automatically you bench vets and hand the team over to rookies and street players?  No, but Carlos hasn't handled this in anywhere close to a professional way, and that's on him.  Something has been going on off the field that none of us knows about - it's easy to speculate, but from what we can *see*, a highly-paid, underperforming vet player got benched and his immediate response was go to Twitter and complain to the fans/public.  That's my beef.  Him going nuts on the sidelines is just a continuation of that.

 

The Bengals botched this one, they benched Dunlap, didn't tell him, and stuck him in front of the media. What would you do if you got demoted, via email, and then your company put you in front of the media...this coaching staff and front office is a shit show.

 

They can't win a game, it's ridiculous...but yeah demoting and embarrassing your franchises #2 all time sack leader is the right move. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Looking at some pictures from today's game.

 

Are they allowing people to attend games?  From the pictures I cannot tell if those are real people in the stands or not.  

Yes.  6000 fans today.  Something like 2000 fans for Game 4 (Jacksonville).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...