2021 Mock Draft Simulators

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

No..its pretty petty.

Piss off. 

The guy is complaining about the 3WR as justification for using a 1st round pick.  Mike Brownesque.  Totally appropriate reference. Get over yourself or hit the ignore button. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Actually, you miss out on a lot of the fun.

Do I? Because the constant fucking whining and bad-mouthing everything stopped being "fun" on this board years ago. Along with the insults if you don't join in.

Ignore has at least allowed me to return here and participate in the last year or two. 

40 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Given the Bengals aren't doing much for the O-line in free agency, upgrading only 1 position, I'm back to leaning toward Sewell. Let's not turn Burrow into Klingler. 

Pick 38 will have a ton of immediate help. Seriously. 

51 minutes ago, membengal said:

Do I? Because the constant fucking whining and bad-mouthing everything stopped being "fun" on this board years ago. Along with the insults if you don't join in.

Ignore has at least allowed me to return here and participate in the last year or two. 

Yeah.  But the herd has been thinned.

And I was seeing if I was on ignore.

Yet.

BTW and FWIW ... I'm glad you're over here, too.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Pick 38 will have a ton of immediate help. Seriously. 

We went into the offseason needing upgrades at LG, RG, and RT. Plus good health at LT and C. We've upgraded RT significantly but still need better guards. I'm ok with trading down for an extra 2nd. But at the moment, if we used our first and second round picks on the O-line, it wouldn't be overkill. 

On 3/20/2021 at 3:12 PM, spicoli said:

You don’t have to draft Sewell to get a day one starter on the OL. It’s as simple as that. 
Reifs best year ever came as a RT and he’s been extremely durable throughout his entire career whether he’s been on the left side or right. In other words he comes in with a reputation of being a very dependable starter.  
The right tackle spot is in very capable hands this season. 

You can flip that around the other way too, Bro. You don't have to draft Chase to get a day one starter at wideout.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/24/22339329/bengals-draft-2021-chauncey-golston-iowa-hawkeyes-news

And this from the Athletic:

Wednesday, March 24: Iowa’s Chauncey Golston’s new approach has him rising up the draft board

There’s one name you probably haven’t paid much attention to that you should: Iowa defensive lineman Chauncey Golston.

Though he’s played primarily defensive end throughout the last two years at Iowa, when the time came to suit up for the Senior Bowl, Golston made a decision that could benefit him in many ways when the draft arrives: he moved inside.

The Athletic‘s Scott Dotcherman wrote Wednesday that though Golston has the size of a traditional 4-3 defense end, the game has changed, as has what league scouts are looking for at the position. So, in practices leading up to the Senior Bowl and during the game itself, Golston played as a defensive tackle. Dotcherman said Golston didn’t look out of place and “regularly put on a ferocious bull rush against guards.” He showed off a versatility that could help him separate from other prospects in this draft class.

Why is this so important? Well, just look at how deep the group of edge rushers is in this draft class. It’s a pretty hefty group, both in numbers and talent. But the group of interior tackles? Not so much.

Jim Nagy, executive director of the Senior Bowl, told Dotcherman that Golston easily could have won defensive player of the game. Now that he’s impressed at both the Senior Bowl and at Iowa’s recent pro day, Golston is on the rise. He’s a hybrid of sorts. He’s different. And that’s exciting for scouts.

“He’s one of the fastest risers of this pre-draft process,” Nagy told Dotcherman. “He had a great week of work (at the Senior Bowl), and then obviously, he backed it up at pro day and put up some good numbers there as well.”

Continue reading Dotcherman’s story on Golston here.

18 hours ago, membengal said:

I am sorry, but Auden Tate opposite Higgins is unacceptable in terms of weapons. Tate can barely fucking move. I would like them to find ONE weapon who wins with separation and not just with being stronger at the catch point. 

Mem, so am I to assume you think only Chase or Pitts fill that role, because that's how you're making this sound?

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Piss off. 

The guy is complaining about the 3WR as justification for using a 1st round pick.  Mike Brownesque.  Totally appropriate reference. Get over yourself or hit the ignore button. 

It was meant to be a joke..

Dont take it so seriously...

Maybe you should get over Yourself..

37 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Mem, so am I to assume you think only Chase or Pitts fill that role, because that's how you're making this sound?

From the draft and ready to be WR1 at the start of camp? Probably, yes. Otherwise you go into the year w/ Tate opposite Higgins and hope they have drafted Dyami Brown or maybe a few others who might fit the bill. Bateman likely long gone before 38. The Purdue Moore a pure slot guy - he literally has never caught the ball outside the numbers. The Ole Miss Moore...maybe? He's perhaps better in the slot. 

You want to upgrade at WR from day 1, that's Chase/Pitts/Smith. Otherwise, it is an open question.

You CAN upgrade at G/T at pick 38 from Day 1. 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

From the draft and ready to be WR1 at the start of camp? Probably, yes. Otherwise you go into the year w/ Tate opposite Higgins and hope they have drafted Dyami Brown or maybe a few others who might fit the bill. Bateman likely long gone before 38. The Purdue Moore a pure slot guy - he literally has never caught the ball outside the numbers. The Ole Miss Moore...maybe? He's perhaps better in the slot. 

You want to upgrade at WR from day 1, that's Chase/Pitts/Smith. Otherwise, it is an open question.

You CAN upgrade at G/T at pick 38 from Day 1. 

A good offensive line makes Average receivers look good..

A good receiver has Nothing to do with giving more time to JB ..

But go with your shiny toys..

The receivers collectively could not get separation last year. At all. I don't give a flying fuck who's on line, they have to get open, even for Joe Burrow. Chase and Pitts can get open. You can get a fantastic G/T type at 38. 

Go ahead with name calling, that's what this board is about, I know after 14 years here. 

When you get right down to it, in the league as it is today, ALL teams find it much harder to find elite OT's than elite WR;s. There is no disputing that fact, the league is short on high end OL and full of high end WR's. Even the Bengals have too high end WR's and zero high end OL. 

So IF the team feels Slater and/or Sewell are future elite OL, they need to select them. This seems plain and simple to me. It is 'easier' to get a good WR later in the draft than a good OT later in the draft. 

That has to factor into the decision making. 

Archived