2021 Mock Draft Simulators

40 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Kid from the U..

Very accurate from anywhere..

the 7th round is a crap shoot and you're lucky to get a practice squad guy out of it.  You do have a decent shot at finding a solid PK there though.

47 minutes ago, snarkster said:

When I her about having Sewell, Williams and Reiff, I look at Jonah and think of Zack Martin coming out of Notre Dame.  A solid tackle prospect, but the Pokes moved him inside and...All-Pro guard!

Thar could work for the Bengals as well..

Nice to have those options..

LT - Sewell/Slater

LG -  Jonah Williams

C - Landon Dickerson/Creed Humphrey

RG - Spain

RT - Reiff 

I’m ok with this setup this year.  Then next year you can add another guard to replace Spain and if Reiff is gone or declining, move Jonah or Slater (Sewell would hopefully stay at LT) over to RG and find another guard.  Worst case scenario is next year we need 2 guards, but the tackle situation is solid.

7 hours ago, snarkster said:

When I her about having Sewell, Williams and Reiff, I look at Jonah and think of Zack Martin coming out of Notre Dame.  A solid tackle prospect, but the Pokes moved him inside and...All-Pro guard!

One of my all time favorite Bengals, still, Max Montoya was

an OT in college who moved inside to OG and was spectacular there.

Have heard it said he was the real leader of the OL, not Munoz, because

Munoz was quiet and Max took over the role.

16 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Riley Reiff is a solid tackle..

They arent worried about him this year..

You are...

Huh?

I'm not worried about his ability to play tackle, I'm worried about him not being willing to sign for more than 1 year. That's why the team should draft a tackle for the future but it's not a first round need. It could be a first round value depending on where we pick and who's available but it wouldn't be a need in round 1. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

There is a highly rated OT in the draft from the Bearcats - Hudson? Anyone have any thoughts on him?

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)

Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

A one-year starter at Cincinnati, Hudson lined up at left tackle in offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock’s scheme. After starting his college career as a defensive lineman at Michigan, he made the switch to tackle and transferred to Cincinnati where he didn’t allow a sack in his one season (11 starts) for the Bearcats.

Hudson fires out of his stance and achieves a balanced position in pass protection to mirror with quick, controlled steps. With only 719 career snaps at tackle, he has some bad habits, forgetting his feet or allowing his pads to rise, but he flashes power in his upper half to create torque on command. Overall, Hudson requires continued technical refinement to match up in the NFL, but his light feet, strong hands and natural balance are an intriguing starter pack at left tackle. He projects best in a zone scheme where he can develop into an above-average starter.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Huh?

I'm not worried about his ability to play tackle, I'm worried about him not being willing to sign for more than 1 year. That's why the team should draft a tackle for the future but it's not a first round need. It could be a first round value depending on where we pick and who's available but it wouldn't be a need in round 1. 

Gotcha..

I misread your meaning before until

pointed out to me.

Agree completely...

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Huh?

Can someone please explain to me how signing a single OT for one year means we no longer need a top 5 prospect at that position?

45 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Plenty of starting OL come out of R2 every year. 

and?  That was true before they signed Reiff.  Plenty of starting everything come out of R2 every year.  I guess we should trade out of the first round then?

No, we should just take the absolute best player available in the first round, which is either going to be Pitts or Chase. Get the starting caliber OL in R2. He can came in and start somewhere if need be but groom him to take over for Reiffer next year. 

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

No, we should just take the absolute best player available in the first round, which is either going to be Pitts or Chase. Get the starting caliber OL in R2. He can came in and start somewhere if need be but groom him to take over for Reiffer next year. 

I understand that you wanted Pitts all along, you've made that clear enough & that's fine.  Agree to disagree on him.

My question is for the people who think we don't need Sewell now that we signed one guy for one year.  Now I'm reading the Reiff has struggled at run blocking, which is not at all what I want to hear when he's 1. supposed to play RT and 2. we desperately need a more balanced offense.

You don’t have to draft Sewell to get a day one starter on the OL. It’s as simple as that. 
Reifs best year ever came as a RT and he’s been extremely durable throughout his entire career whether he’s been on the left side or right. In other words he comes in with a reputation of being a very dependable starter.  
The right tackle spot is in very capable hands this season. 

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I understand that you wanted Pitts all along, you've made that clear enough & that's fine.  Agree to disagree on him.

My question is for the people who think we don't need Sewell now that we signed one guy for one year.  Now I'm reading the Reiff has struggled at run blocking, which is not at all what I want to hear when he's 1. supposed to play RT and 2. we desperately need a more balanced offense.

Pollack stated the most important trait

he wants in linemen is pass protection for JB..

All this talk about Pitts Chase and Waddle at 1 without rebuilding the oline is astonishing to me..

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

You don’t have to draft Sewell to get a day one starter on the OL. It’s as simple as that. 
Reifs best year ever came as a RT and he’s been extremely durable throughout his entire career whether he’s been on the left side or right. In other words he comes in with a reputation of being a very dependable starter.  
The right tackle spot is in very capable hands this season. 

So that's all we need, some midround body to plug in next year? There is no RT for next season.

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Pollack stated the most important trait

he wants in linemen is pass protection for JB..

All this talk about Pitts Chase and Waddle at 1 without rebuilding the oline is astonishing to me..

Well yknow I think Pitts is the early favorite for Biggest Bust of 2021 anyway but regardless of all that, I can't fathom how a one year deal for a fairly average RT changes everything either.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

So that's all we need, some midround body to plug in next year? There is no RT for next season.

Well yknow I think Pitts is the early favorite for Biggest Bust of 2021 anyway but regardless of all that, I can't fathom how a one year deal for a fairly average RT changes everything either.

In my very humble opinion

Id draft 1.Sewell...2..Wyatt Davis or Tre Smith..3..a wideout (if they dont dign Josh Reynolds to man the 3rd receiver spot) or another Dtackle...

Id like ti see an infusion of young talented linemen next year to build on..

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Lol

LOL is right, I'm sure a "pass-catching TE" is going to be a big help in blocking 🤣

NGL "pass catching TE" translates in English to "could be a great TE but kind of a pussy about blocking"

No one called guys like Shockey or Witten a "pass catching TE" even though they caught plenty of passes... Just sayin'

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

LOL is right, I'm sure a "pass-catching TE" is going to be a big help in blocking 🤣

NGL "pass catching TE" translates in English to "could be a great TE but kind of a pussy about blocking"

No one called guys like Shockey or Witten a "pass catching TE" even though they caught plenty of passes... Just sayin'

Preach to me..im listening to wise words..

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Can someone please explain to me how signing a single OT for one year means we no longer need a top 5 prospect at that position?

Sure. The team thinks it's set at tackle for 2021 with Williams and Reiff. They like Adeniji as a backup. A top 5 pick should be an instant starter but if we took Sewell, where would he play? Instead of putting a rookie tackle in front of Burrow as a starter, they can give him a weapon to use with our first round pick and take a talented rookie OT in round 2 to have ready either for Jonah's annual injury or to replace Reiff in 2022. 

Before Reiff, the idea of signing 2 vet guards and drafting Sewell made complete sense. Now it's closer to overkill.

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Sure. The team thinks it's set at tackle for 2021 with Williams and Reiff. They like Adeniji as a backup. A top 5 pick should be an instant starter but if we took Sewell, where would he play? Instead of putting a rookie tackle in front of Burrow as a starter, they can give him a weapon to use with our first round pick and take a talented rookie OT in round 2 to have ready either for Jonah's annual injury or to replace Reiff in 2022. 

Before Reiff, the idea of signing 2 vet guards and drafting Sewell made complete sense. Now it's closer to overkill.

Drafting Sewell is never overkill..

What you think because Reiff is onboard they cant add another valuable piece to upgrade the line?

Where would Sewell play?

Im sure Pollack would love that dilemma!

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Because now he doesn’t need to start at tackle right away. He can be developed for a year, or play guard at first. Without Reiff he needed to be a day 1 starter at tackle. 

Any T this team drafts could most likely be at G next year if they decide that is best. That includes Sewell. Once upon a time, Andrew Whitworth started at G for this team, before he was moved to T. I remember a younger Weston being irate that Whit was moved to T, said he was not suited for it. Nevetheless, it is a a thing that can happen, even for Sewell. But Whit was on my mind for another reason - that being a 2nd round pick who was a stud. If Sewell is gone or they pass on him for Chase and/or Pitts, there will be plenty of o-line candidates in this very deep o-line draft in round 2 who could take the Whit path and come in next year and start at G and move out to T in year 2 or 3 if need be. A ton. Getting Reiff means they don't have to be locked in on Sewell, reach for Slater, or bust. 

Archived