Jump to content

Keeping our enemies close 2022 season


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Half of all Ravens, Stealers, and Cleveland fans have below-average intelligence, while half of all Bengal fans have above-average intelligence.


No joke, it's a fact folks.

 

Always knew there was something different about our fan base versus the others.


That would pretty much be fact if the samples were randomly selected.  However, in this case, you are talking about people who CHOOSE to be fans of said organizations.  Surely MORE than half of stealer fans have below-average intelligence.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Some more news on the Blessed Man:

 

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-de-myles-garrett-involved-in-single-car-crash-in-wadsworth?_amp=true

 

Girl in car…check…off the beaten track road (and quite a distance from Berea)…check…2021 Porsche…check. 
 

 

Having owned a Porsche 911 back in the 80s and having driven newer ones they are not toys and do not drive like most people think.
 

It is very easy to get one sideways if you dont know what you are doing.   Most people have never driven a high performance car with under steer characteristics.  Hitting the brakes in a high speed turn are a no no. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Having owned a Porsche 911 back in the 80s and having driven newer ones they are not toys and do not drive like most people think.
 

It is very easy to get one sideways if you dont know what you are doing.   Most people have never driven a high performance car with under steer characteristics.  Hitting the brakes in a high speed turn are a no no. 


Kind if a mid-engine car thing.  People think they handle like a front engine car.  They do not. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:


Kind if a mid-engine car thing.  People think they handle like a front engine car.  They do not. 

Not at all. Mine scared the shit out of me the first time I slowed down in a turn and the front end slid a little.  Having to apply power to keep it turning was unnerving. I eventually sold it and bought a vette.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Having owned a Porsche 911 back in the 80s and having driven newer ones they are not toys and do not drive like most people think.
 

 

I had a boss who owned a Porsche. He slid off the highway on an icy day on his way to work (this was before everyone and their brother had a cell phone) and a woman driving what he described as a "piece of crap gray car" and then looked right at me and said, "Kind of looked like your car, come to think of it." (At the time, I was driving an 11 year old Cavalier). Anyway, this woman was kind enough to go and call a tow truck for him. I told him that me and my "piece of crap gray car" made it to work on time that day. LOL!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Have taken many sworn statements over the years. The top two for losing control of an automobile: 

 

 

 

Honorable mention: tree jumped out in front of car. 

Yep. That was my oldest brother's excuse when he totaled my dad's Mustang convertible.

 

Our family was at an amusement park when the wreck happened so when we got home and saw what was left of the car sitting in front of the house, my mom sent us to the park and told us not to come home until the pool closed (9:00 at night). She knew there was going to be a lot of swearing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Have taken many sworn statements over the years. The top two for losing control of an automobile: 

 

“Swerved to avoid a car going left of center”

”Swerved to avoid a deer”

 

Honorable mention: tree jumped out in front of car. 

To be fair, 2 of of my kids have hit a deer in this state (Ohio).  Both about an hour after sunset on fairly busy roads. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

To be fair, 2 of of my kids have hit a deer in this state (Ohio).  Both about an hour after sunset on fairly busy roads. 

 

 

Something that I was told many, many times when driving on snow & ice - don't swerve.  Sorry, Bambi.

 

Dodged many a critter at low speed on dry roads but in shit conditions or high speed it's not an option.  Last year I had a young buck jump out of the way then foolishly decide to turn and charge my car - think my side mirror gave him a headache but no real harm done.  Lil fucker must have been feeling himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

To be fair, 2 of of my kids have hit a deer in this state (Ohio).  Both about an hour after sunset on fairly busy roads. 

Should have said that the statements were often taken from people who were explaining away loss of vehicle control—these included police officers as well as private citizens. 
 

Virtually every subject circumstance involved accidents at high speeds. 
 

My jest was tongue in cheek as to the Garrett excuses, not the literal. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

Something that I was told many, many times when driving on snow & ice - don't swerve.  Sorry, Bambi.

 

Dodged many a critter at low speed on dry roads but in shit conditions or high speed it's not an option.  Last year I had a young buck jump out of the way then foolishly decide to turn and charge my car - think my side mirror gave him a headache but no real harm done.  Lil fucker must have been feeling himself.


My deer story:  Almost always when I’m driving, I am very aware of the vehicles around me.  Late one night after an indoor soccer match, that wasn’t the case.  I was cruising northbound in the middle lane of I-275 between Colerain and Hamilton Avenues (where it is not lit up) and there was almost no traffic at all.

 

Suddenly, a deer appeared in my headlights, crossing from left-to-right and we were on a collision course.  I slammed on the brakes, and mentally chastised myself when I realized that I had no idea if there was a vehicle near me in the left lane.  So I crowded the left side of the middle lane while my vehicle slowed…and started to become relieved when I realized that I would just miss said deer.  AND THEN THE DAMN DEER STOPPED RUNNING.   BANG!  Clipped its hind legs with the right-front corner of my car, tearing off a section of the bumper cover…and deer was nowhere to be found, but surely had a broken leg.

 

A friend’s deer story:  He was riding a motorcycle on a country road and came upon a deer right at the edge of the road.  So he came to a dead stop, figuring that the deer might dart across the road once spooked.  But the deer didn’t budge…so he started waving his arms and shouting to try to get the deer to move, but it stayed put.  
 

So, he decided he would be okay to slowly move on past the deer.  Once he was about even with the deer, it darted out and ran right smack dab into the side of his motorcycle.  He professes: “The deer is the stupidest animal on the planet.” 
 

🦌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cricket said:


My deer story:  Almost always when I’m driving, I am very aware of the vehicles around me.  Late one night after an indoor soccer match, that wasn’t the case.  I was cruising northbound in the middle lane of I-275 between Colerain and Hamilton Avenues (where it is not lit up) and there was almost no traffic at all.

 


 

🦌

I know that stretch of road well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...