Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

On 9/22/2022 at 11:01 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

So here's something you don't see every day.... a Steeler player injuring an opponent. And then following thru by diving on the victim.

Oh wait......

No you were right, normally I only see that on autumn Sundays.

On 9/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, Montana Bengal said:

Isn't it interesting that when a player is injured by a Steeler, the media reports it as "he tore his tendon" as opposed to "his tendon was torn by __(insert Steeler name here)___"???

Examples:

"Carson Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee." .... not "Kimo vonOelhoffen injured Palmer, tearing his ACL and knocking him out of the playoffs"

"Keith Rivers broke his jaw".... not "Hines Ward injured Keith Rivers with a blind side hit, crown of his helmet to the chin strap, breaking his jaw and placing him on season-ending IR"

"Anthon Walker tore his quad tendon".... not "Chukwuma Okorafor dove on an injured Walker, who was prone on the ground, tearing his quad tendon and placing him on season-ending IR"

And then there's TJ Watt's blindside hit on Burrow

Those guys do this because they're encouraged to.  It's how they're coached.... the entire culture fosters that behavior.  Ryan Shazier - great example - was never a dirty player when he was at tOSU, that behavior began when he joined the Stealers.  He ended his own fucking career when he launched himself like a missile, using his connected skull and spine like a javelin to go head-first into Josh Malone on MNF, paralyzing himself in the process.  There is no doubt in my mind that he was taught and encouraged to do that by the Stealers coaching staff.

25 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Those guys do this because they're encouraged to. .

The Squeelers are coached to play with the tenacity of Burfict, but they think they should be the only ones allowed to play that way. (Grandfathered in to playing like it's 1976 while their opponent adheres to 2022 rules). 

That's why they vilified and hated Burfict so much, because he gave it right back to them and was even more aggressive (beat them at their own game).

33 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Squeelers are coached to play with the tenacity of Burfict, but they think they should be the only ones allowed to play that way. (Grandfathered in to playing like it's 1976 while their opponent adheres to 2022 rules). 

That's why they vilified and hated Burfict so much, because he gave it right back to them and was even more aggressive (beat them at their own game).

I have no issues with playing with tenacity and think Vontaze played that way most of the time.

My issue is that they don't just stop there they are out to not just out physical which I'd be fine with, but they seek to hurt players and always do extra stuff that isn't about playing tough but fair football it's about making players scared to play them because they know they are trying to hurt them. The Steeler way isn't about tough physical football it's about putting fear in the opposition not for their tough but good play but fear of being hurt.

That Roethlisberger said that about our team was hilarious because that's exactly the thing the Steelers have been guilty of for decades 

Fuck them 

Archived