Coaching changes/Candidates 2023

Anarumo and Callahan seem to be on the fringe of short lists. 

Out so far

Panthers-Matt Ruhle

Colts-Jeff Saturday

Broncos-Nathaniel Hackett

Panthers-I would be very surprised if they passed on Wilkes and went after another DC. Callahan might be an option. More likely I think Bills OC Ken Dorsey who was the QB coach under Ron Rivera could be an option. 

Colts-I don't think Callahan or Anarumo are the splash they want. Reportedly they want to be like the Titans. Harbaugh is who they will want. Lets see if he ever leaves Michigan. 

Broncos-I would be very surprised if they went Callahan or Anarumo. Callahan was a QB coach there for years. I think it's probably Quinn. 

22 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Anarumo and Callahan seem to be on the fringe of short lists. 

Out so far

Panthers-Matt Ruhle

Colts-Jeff Saturday

Broncos-Nathaniel Hackett

Panthers-I would be very surprised if they passed on Wilkes and went after another DC. Callahan might be an option. More likely I think Bills OC Ken Dorsey who was the QB coach under Ron Rivera could be an option. 

Colts-I don't think Callahan or Anarumo are the splash they want. Reportedly they want to be like the Titans. Harbaugh is who they will want. Lets see if he ever leaves Michigan. 

Broncos-I would be very surprised if they went Callahan or Anarumo. Callahan was a QB coach there for years. I think it's probably Quinn. 

The coach up north is finally basking of his rebuild there.

Unless the Colts break the bank in a contract for him he's not leaving that place.

As a coaching candidate Id have to look at what QB do I have..

Denver..Carolina..Colts.

Uhh .....

In 2019 Zac Taylor interviewed at 3 places. Bengals-Broncos and Cardinals. 

In 2022 Lou Anarumo interviewed at the Giants. Brian Callahan interviewed at the Broncos. 

Callahan coached at the Broncos but the current GM wasnt there when he coached there. 

Benjamin Allbright who knows his stuff thinks its Frank Reich or Dan Quinn in Denver.

Denver interviews in 2022 were Eric Bienemy, Brian Callahan, Jonathan Gannon, Luke Getsy, Aaron Glenn, Hackett, Jerod Mayo, Kellen Moore, Kevin O'Connell, Doug Pederson and Dan Quinn

Of the places that are likely to have openings. The Cardinals might be the most interesting place. They interviewed Taylor last time around and Callahan is a clone in many ways. They are going to be hamstrung with issues from the Murray contract and someone who can get a good defense out of low paid players will be important. 

22 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

In 2019 Zac Taylor interviewed at 3 places. Bengals-Broncos and Cardinals. 

In 2022 Lou Anarumo interviewed at the Giants. Brian Callahan interviewed at the Broncos. 

Callahan coached at the Broncos but the current GM wasnt there when he coached there. 

Benjamin Allbright who knows his stuff thinks its Frank Reich or Dan Quinn in Denver.

Denver interviews in 2022 were Eric Bienemy, Brian Callahan, Jonathan Gannon, Luke Getsy, Aaron Glenn, Hackett, Jerod Mayo, Kellen Moore, Kevin O'Connell, Doug Pederson and Dan Quinn

Id think the Broncos would want an offensive HC and Reich is that..

Good luck in that hellhole Frank..

Here are all the names of people who interviewed last year but didn't get jobs. 

Lou Anarumo
Darrell Bevell
Rich Bisaccia
Eric Bienemy
Todd Bowles
Thomas Brown
Jim Caldwell
Brian Callahan
Vic Fangio
Brian Flores
Leslie Frazier
Jonathan Gannon
Luke Getsy
Aaron Glenn
Patrick Graham
Vance Joseph
Byron Leftwich
Joe Lombardi
Jerod Mayo
Josh McCown
Kellen Moore
Raheem Morris
Bill O'Brien
Dan Quinn
Demeco Ryans
Hines Ward

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Id think the Broncos would want an offensive HC and Reich is that..

Good luck in that hellhole Frank..

They reportedly love their Current DC. A potential candidate for the job. It was rumored they didn't give him the interim tag because they didn't want to pull it back if he wasn't hired and they want him to the DC. 

7 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

They reportedly love their Current DC. A potential candidate for the job. It was rumored they didn't give him the interim tag because they didn't want to pull it back if he wasn't hired and they want him to the DC. 

Regardless that place is no mans land for a coach now..

If we lose Callahan I think we promote from within. Pritcher or Walters. Callahan could name the other as his OC. If a spot did open up Klint Kubiak, Current Broncos OC who is close to Taylor could be added. At DC Bettcher has a years of experience as a DC at Arizona and NYG. Hobby was the DC at Duke and Clemson. Livingston is very well thought of. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Of the places that are likely to have openings. The Cardinals might be the most interesting place. They interviewed Taylor last time around and Callahan is a clone in many ways. They are going to be hamstrung with issues from the Murray contract and someone who can get a good defense out of low paid players will be important. 

id imagine having that overpaid terrible QB they JUST extended is a pretty big red flag, i understand the cash grab, from making like 700k to 4-6mil a year even if for only 2 years is a win financially, but jesus what a sad two years.

one big factor will be how late we play, if we are in the SB again, no ones getting interviews until mid february and lots of spots will be filled, if we lost like the wild card game id bet both dudes get jobs.

but teams want to get rolling, having only 2 months of team eval and draft prep instead of like 3 can make a big difference... teams dont like to sit around.. firing players and hiring full staffs needs to be done.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

As far as O-coord this is a very easy answer

joe brady

D-coord I'd have to look more, do we have a guy on staff?

Maybe Zimmer?

I don't think Joe Brady would go somewhere where he wasn't calling plays and he might get the OC job in Buffalo if Dorsey goes to Carolina. 

Zimmer is a very interesting option as DC

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

I don't think Joe Brady would go somewhere where he wasn't calling plays and he might get the OC job in Buffalo if Dorsey goes to Carolina. 

Zimmer is a very interesting option as DC

I think Brady might entertain coming back to work with Burrow again, and while Taylor calls the plays here he has made a point of it being democratic and everyone gets to have input to what they do.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Fortunately for the Bengals, I don't see Anarumo as a strong HC candidate anywhere. He's older and defensive minded while most teams are looking for a splashy young offensive mind, ala Sean McVey. 

I sure hope you are right, but his mastery of half-time adjustments must make him somewhat attractive.  

I personally hope the Bengals are pro-active and give him a sizable raise.

🦗

52 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Rumors are Quinn to Denver with Brian Schottenheimer (Wilsons OC from 2018-2020) as OC. 

Rather see Frank Reich help Wilson out of his funk if possible and Schottenheimer as OC..

Turn the offense around and there cabable of competeing in their division....

.tough though..

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He didn't exactly have talent to work with. There is a thread around here trashing Lou a few years ago.

While that's true, you converse could be true about his time at LSU.  He had an embarrassment of riches to work with there. 

Reality is they will probably promote from within if Callahan leaves.  They are going to run Taylor's offense.  No point in bringing in someone with differing opinions.  Cheaper too.

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

While that's true, you converse could be true about his time at LSU.  He had an embarrassment of riches to work with there. 

Reality is they will probably promote from within if Callahan leaves.  They are going to run Taylor's offense.  No point in bringing in someone with differing opinions.  Cheaper too.

There are going to be so many messy jobs....Arizona will be interesting. Murray out for most of next year. Wouldn't surprise me if Callahan got a long look there and then a long leash. There won't be an expectation to win in 2023 anyway. 

btw re: the denver opening, the Athletic beat writer was on the pod with Robert Mays and they both were of the feeling that since Denver has now had three straight first-time head coaches (who have all failed) that given the flaming wreckage of things now and the Wilson albatross that likely Denver would be looking toward a head coach hire who has previously been a head coach. Which, if so, might lessen the odds of Callahan getting that gig.

Archived