Keeping our enemies close: 2023

9 minutes ago, dex said:

Disagree. It was  a perfect play call. The back was wide open. I don't think he would have scored, but he would have likely been inside the 10 yard line. It took poor execution by 2 players to screw up that well-designed play.

I kinda agree.  However, that play has smaller window for success due to the back’s movement and resulting angle of the pass…and it’s to a guy that has caught SIX passes all season.  

Perhaps they ran that play in practice successfully several times, but sometimes the opposing team defenders mess things up a bit more than expected (just ask the Bengals). 

The Colts had ridden an injured Taylor repeatedly to get into that position, and I personally thought that a straight handoff to him on that play would not be successful.  But I don’t think you take him off the field, entirely.  Put him in motion and force Houston to account for him.  

Also, perhaps that pass to the running back not-named-Taylor should have happened earlier in the series.

But probably the best thing the Colts could have done differently in that game was to not let Houston score a 75-yard TD on their first play.

• Upvote 1

One more comment on the Indy-Texans game:  in one of Indy’s late failed  3rd-down plays, a Texan defender clearly lined up in offside position…but the female ref for some unknown reason decided to not throw a flag.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dex said:

Disagree. It was  a perfect play call. The back was wide open. I don't think he would have scored, but he would have likely been inside the 10 yard line. It took poor execution by 2 players to screw up that well-designed play.

Ok

Jacksonville shit the bed in Tennessee today. Thanks for nothing, Easter Island. 🙄  

So now it looks like Pittsburgh will be at either Buffalo (if Buffalo wins) or Kansas City (if Buffalo loses), is that correct? Which would provide the best chance of them getting the absolute dog shit beaten out of them next week?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

One more comment on the Indy-Texans game:  in one of Indy’s late failed  3rd-down plays, a Texan defender clearly lined up in offside position…but the female ref for some unknown reason decided to not throw a flag.  

Maybe not calling offsides is the new not calling holding. You know, for competitive balance. We'll just make up the rules as we go like Calvinball.

Stay tuned for this 15 minutes of advertising with a replay challenge sandwiched in between!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Jacksonville shit the bed in Tennessee today. Thanks for nothing, Easter Island. 🙄  

So now it looks like Pittsburgh will be at either Buffalo (if Buffalo wins) or Kansas City (if Buffalo loses), is that correct? Which would provide the best chance of them getting the absolute dog shit beaten out of them next week?

Either.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

With the he Inbreds getting into the playoffs they'll draft after us now.

They're looking at Olinemen in the draft as well.

Fuaga is their kind of olineman.

Pittsburgh will try to move up if there is a player they like. They moved up in the last draft to pick Broderick Jones.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Tell us how u really feel about the Inbreds!..

I wish the whole franchise would just disappear forever. I can’t stand their colors, uniforms, the “stiller footbaw” way of playing to injure, and the preferential treatment they seem to get year in and year out.   If Little Ben had to unretire it would be the best thing for the Bengals. 

• Upvote 5

On 1/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, Jamie_B said:

Basically meaning he did it for free

On 1/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, CincyInDC said:

Don't forget: the money goes to "charity" so this is a write-off.

That isn’t how the tax code works.  You don’t get to write off a donation dollar for dollar.  

• Upvote 1