Who is your least favorite current Bengal?

It is wonderful how likeable the players on this team are. There genuinely are very few guys who you immediately get an "asshole" vibe off of in interviews. 

The only 2 players who you ever see receive any negative feedback from fans are Carman (for his perceived or actual underachieving) and Mixon (for perceived or proximity to recent criminality). 

But I struggle to even think of another current player who the fans don't usually like. 

Jonah drew some ire for his "trade me" request, but he seems to have fallen back into good graces with fans for now. 

• Upvote 1

Definitely would've been Eli Apple last year.

I'm going to withhold judgement for now but if he plays like he did last year - plodding along, shying away from blocks - it's gonna be Mixon. If he does that while another RB is kicking ass but they keep feeding him anyway, trying to make Cap'n Smiley happen I'm gonna get loud.

But that hasn't happened yet & I'm trying to give him a chance to, well.. Redeem himself. 

:pst-min:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

It is wonderful how likeable the players on this team are. There genuinely are very few guys who you immediately get an "asshole" vibe off of in interviews. 

The only 2 players who you ever see receive any negative feedback from fans are Carman (for his perceived or actual underachieving) and Mixon (for perceived or proximity to recent criminality). 

But I struggle to even think of another current player who the fans don't usually like. 

Jonah drew some ire for his "trade me" request, but he seems to have fallen back into good graces with fans for now. 

Jonah has kept his head down and done work but if he starts getting ragdolled by any above-average DE again, well...

My hope is he should've been a RT from the start and plays like a natural. Fair to say I'm not convinced yet.

• Upvote 3

Even Mixon seems to be one of the best guys as far as interacting with the fans. This is a damn good high character group of guys, about the best you'll find I would have to guess. Considering you have 53 different personalities from all walks of life, it's pretty crazy. One thing I've noticed over the last couple years, I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but this staff seems to have signed and/or drafted a bunch of young men who came from 2 parent families. Not trying to stir up anything but it just seems that these guys who had a strong male presence in their life are good character guys. Not that a single mom can't raise a fine young man of course, because we see that too. 

When I listen to pre-game on 700 wlw, Dan Hoard always has an interview with a younger player, and this is where I've noticed a pretty common theme of a 2 parent structure when these young kids talk about their families. 

JMO 

• Upvote 1