WEEK 2: vs RAVENS (GameDey thread)

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Wilcox will earn more snaps if Smith continues to look bad.

I'm intrigued by the 6'8" 265 lb Tight End pick up from Pittsburgh who is on the practice squad.

Bring him up, Wilcox to inactive list or practices squad and see what the big guy can do.

Bigger target and has to be a better blocker than Irv the Smurf.

Anyone seen anything about Nick Scott who got dinged and was last seen walking into the locker room?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

They will have full crews of Gene Steratori’s on every gamecast to explain away each infraction as accurate 

Gene Sockpuppet is insufferable, IDK why they think his bootlicking legitimizes their bullshit any more than vague references to "New York". It's just insulting.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Stealers have won 20 straight Monday night home games

Good call and very prescient of you.

Of course, Joey Porter Jr. got away with a blatant hold on the last Browns offensive play of the game. The referees must have "missed" it.

Picking up where his father left off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Great visuals of the utter corruption of the NFL. 

And they don’t even attempt to disguise it any longer. 

But don’t expect challenges from the compliant sports media or team management: so long as the money river continues to flow, no one will utter a word. 

You would think the NFL would want to protect one of the highest paid players and potential face of the NFL, but I guess not. 

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said after Sunday's win over the Bengals that he didn't think wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.'s ankle injury "will be serious" and he didn't say anything different at a Monday press conference.

Harbaugh said that the Ravens had learned more about the injuries suffered by Beckham, who did not play in the second half, and edge rusher Odafe Oweh, who was in a walking boot ahead of the press conference. He said he would decline to share any of that information beyond saying that there is not a long-term issue with either player's health.

"We got a lot more information," Harbaugh said. "I’m going to keep that close to the vest, though, right now. I’ll tell you this, if there’s any long-term issue we’ll let you know what it is. If it’s going to be anything like a kind of an IR thing or anything like that. We’re not there yet with anybody."

Barring any unscheduled updates from Harbaugh, Wednesday's practice will be the the first chance to check in on the status of both players. The Ravens will host the Colts in Week Three.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said after Sunday's win over the Bengals that he didn't think wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.'s ankle injury "will be serious" and he didn't say anything different at a Monday press conference.

Harbaugh said that the Ravens had learned more about the injuries suffered by Beckham, who did not play in the second half, and edge rusher Odafe Oweh, who was in a walking boot ahead of the press conference. He said he would decline to share any of that information beyond saying that there is not a long-term issue with either player's health.

"We got a lot more information," Harbaugh said. "I’m going to keep that close to the vest, though, right now. I’ll tell you this, if there’s any long-term issue we’ll let you know what it is. If it’s going to be anything like a kind of an IR thing or anything like that. We’re not there yet with anybody."

Barring any unscheduled updates from Harbaugh, Wednesday's practice will be the the first chance to check in on the status of both players. The Ravens will host the Colts in Week Three.

Odell Beckham is a getting to be a fragility case. 

Allways ailing .