Ted Karras leading Walter Payton Man of the Year charity vote

With the season being as rough as it was schedule and injury wise, this is a nice consolation prize. One of the highest honors bestowed in the NFL, and Karras more than deserved it. Proud that a Bengal is the recipient this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Griever said:

With the season being as rough as it was schedule and injury wise, this is a nice consolation prize. One of the highest honors bestowed in the NFL, and Karras more than deserved it. Proud that a Bengal is the recipient this year.

He won the charity fan vote, not Man of the Year, at least not yet...

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

He won the charity fan vote, not Man of the Year, at least not yet...

Didn't realize there was a difference. Has there ever been a MOY that wasn't the winner of the fan vote?

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Didn't realize there was a difference. Has there ever been a MOY that wasn't the winner of the fan vote?

The MOY award I don't think includes the fan vote as the fan vote was for the Nationwide Insurance Charity fan vote and they "donated" the prize money. I think the MOY award is voted on by players, coaches, sportswriters, etc...? The winner of the MOY gets a $250,000 donation to their charity 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MOC said:

The MOY award I don't think includes the fan vote as the fan vote was for the Nationwide Insurance Charity fan vote and they "donated" the prize money. I think the MOY award is voted on by players, coaches, sportswriters, etc...? The winner of the MOY gets a $250,000 donation to their charity 

That one is announced the week of the NFL Honors during the Superbowl IIRC?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MOC said:

He should win that also

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1