Keeping our enemies close: 2024

21 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I am sick of every NFL team relying on dark navy blue. Brighter colors look better on helmets and jerseys. The dark navy and greens / grays reminds me of something that came out of a soulless, boring corporate focus group. Also bring back colored facemasks. 

Every helmet on the right is FAR BETTER than than the ones on the left. 

F1sCwJ0WwAE4nM-.jpeg

Others have taken notice as well BJ, interesting theory posed here:

• Upvote 1

Bengals have got to start shelling out Y2 gtd. money if they want a level playing field. 

Maybe they don’t view Tee worth the money or don’t want to pay both - but it’s tough watching Jessie and Tee escape in the span of 3 years over gtd cash.

Give teams like the Eagles credit for securing their future with these extensions to elite players. They may be costly but they are trying to win championships. When you extend your star players, you can afford to miss on some draft picks here and there.

I cannot imagine the Bengals ever giving 84M in guaranteed money to a non-QB like Chase. And if AJ Brown gets 84M guaranteed, I cannot imagine Chase's agent accepting any less than that. So we figure to be back in familiar standoff territory soon enough.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dex said:

Give teams like the Eagles credit for securing their future with these extensions to elite players. They may be costly but they are trying to win championships. When you extend your star players, you can afford to miss on some draft picks here and there.

That's what I'm saying, either pay the star players market value or kill it in the mid rounds of the draft.  When they insist on working with a bare bones scouting department that leaves one option; write the checks.  They can't keep pace with the rest of the league without doing one or the other.  I doubt they can win a SB without doing both.

Paying Burrow is just laying a foundation, it's going to take a lot more money, coaching, good roster decisions & everything else if they want their investment in him to pay off.