Black Monday and Coaching changes (non Bengals related)

9 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

It wouldn't be the end of the world for Pitcher to leave and the Bengals bring in someone else with some fresh ideas and perspective on the offense. 

It would most likely just go to Walters. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

It wouldn't be the end of the world for Pitcher to leave and the Bengals bring in someone else with some fresh ideas and perspective on the offense. 

There are two thoughts here. Staying in house allows the team to not have to completely rewrite the playbook which can slow down a team's progress. The 2nd is what you said, new fresh ideas can prevent stagnation.

The question is the offense stagnant? I'm not sure I believe it is, so I think Pitcher makes the most sense.

But yes, it's not the end of the world if he leaves.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't think it can be discounted the idea of being able to call your own plays being a desired thing. How many years has Eric Bieniemy been looked over in KC, the most successful franchise he could have been an OC for, because he did not call plays?

He went to a shitty organization in Washington to change that perception (and just interviewed for their head coaching position last week). Your Akron and OSU comparison would have applied there too, and Bieniemy chose Washington (Akron in your comparison).

I think we have proof that that is not why he was looked over. He just wasn't thought of as a head coach and didn't interview well. 

3/4s of the coaches left in the playoffs never called plays and all 3 of the hires so far this year never called plays at this level (Pierce was a co-DC at ASU). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

There are two thoughts here. Staying in house allows the team to not have to completely rewrite the playbook which can slow down a team's progress. The 2nd is what you said, new fresh ideas can prevent stagnation.

The question is the offense stagnant? I'm not sure I believe it is, so I think Pitcher makes the most sense.

But yes, it's not the end of the world if he leaves.

I think the offense can use a refresher. Have you noticed how our offense looks vs our rivals in the division? It seems like they know exactly what we're doing. No separation for the receivers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

It would most likely just go to Walters. 

I agree because it's the Bengals. But I don't think that'd be the best move. Having said that, my first choice at this stage is Pitcher

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I think the offense can use a refresher. Have you noticed how our offense looks vs our rivals in the division? It seems like they know exactly what we're doing. No separation for the receivers

The problem we deal with is Tee and Jamar are the only threats, Tyler imho has gone downhill some. We face alot of cover 2 because we don't have a running game which would force teams to stop playing cover 2 and bring one of their safeties in the box leaving Tee or Jamar 1 on 1.

I think the running game picked up some when we did under center stuff, but we really need a better run blocking Oline to help with this.

I'm not sure we have an X's and O's problem (maybe some) so much as we have a Jimmy and Joe problem on the Oline.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We face alot of cover 2 because we don't have a running game which would force teams to stop playing cover 2 and bring one of their safeties in the box leaving Tee or Jamar 1 on 1.

Think this is the key right here.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

While that would help, the lack of a running threat makes the offense one dimensional and easy to defend.

I think we can solve that in 2 ways. 

1. Get some guys that can run block 

2. Run under center more (this was showing some results when we did it)

I think you guys down on Mixon are wrong about him. But I also think he wont be back when his contract is up after this coming season.

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think you guys down on Mixon are wrong about him. But I also think he wont be back when his contract is up after this coming season.

I could overlook Mixon losing a step and recognize the problem is almost entirely up front.  His not blocking is unforgivable, though.

hqdefault.jpg

and some waffle fries..   BITCH!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Run under center...yes

JB likes to survey the field from the gun so doubt the that action under center is a priority for them.

Too bad..

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Run under center...yes

JB likes to survey the field from the gun so doubt the that action under center is a priority for them.

Too bad..

He was taking snaps under center in camp before he got injured. I expect that he will add that to his toolbox 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

He was taking snaps under center in camp before he got injured. I expect that he will add that to his toolbox 

He better or our mediocre Oline will look worse.

Hard to sustain blocks backing up....

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Running into a bunch of NCAA rule violations, complaining about it, and then jumping ship to the NFL instead of facing the consequences along with the program sounds pretty Harbaww-like to me.

Jeez..😴

Find something good about him pls.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Jeez..😴

Find something good about him pls.

OK: I don't watch much NCAA so I haven't had to watch him whine about every call that doesn't go his way nearly as much as his brother

• Upvote 1