My mock without simulators.

1st. ..Any of the top RTs

2nd.  DT

3td ...CB

4th....coverage backer

5th  ...,Oline interior

6th.. RB...whoever or whatever is a Thunder type. 😎

7th.. Joe Milton..The arm..beyond great but needs training.

No,?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Bengals have to draft s coverage backer.

Wilson and Pratt are thumpers in the run game but both arent good in pass coverage.

ADG didn't work out.

Get one..

They have 7:rounds to figure it out.

Or just re-sign Tre Flowers, who is a free agent.  Wilson and Pratt are actually pretty good zone defense LBs. They're just not man cover guys. 

• Upvote 1

So as of now. basically I see it as a pick ‘em between…

In no particular order, on any given Sunday and/or whichever way the wind blows …
Mims, Latham, and Fuaga… all also depending on who is there.  All Offensive tackles.
I also really like Center/Interior Lineman Jackson Powers-Johnsona lot.
Draft one of the aforementioned OTs (I personally like Mims, albeit rawer than the others
and we usually get burned on moves like that… but… can’t teach size and athleticism… and attitude)
and trade up to get Powers-Johnson.  Plug in for Cappa (NOT Volson) or have him play Center and
Karras to OG.

I am seeing this draft as crucial to the future of this team.  It could be a Dynasty maker or another
close but no cigar year where we talk about what should have been.  Again.

Protecting Joe Burrow is out prime and, indeed, only objective.
Tag Tee and look at wide receivers high next year to replace him when he’s gone.

D line… look for cap casualties like we did when we got Hendrickson.  Or look for lower
round potential and project prospects.  

Protect The Franchise, let everything else fall into place.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

So as of now. basically I see it as a pick ‘em between…

In no particular order, on any given Sunday and/or whichever way the wind blows …
Mims, Latham, and Fuaga… all also depending on who is there.  All Offensive tackles.
I also really like Center/Interior Lineman Jackson Powers-Johnsona lot.
Draft one of the aforementioned OTs (I personally like Mims, albeit rawer than the others
and we usually get burned on moves like that… but… can’t teach size and athleticism… and attitude)
and trade up to get Powers-Johnson.  Plug in for Cappa (NOT Volson) or have him play Center and
Karras to OG.

I am seeing this draft as crucial to the future of this team.  It could be a Dynasty maker or another
close but no cigar year where we talk about what should have been.  Again.

Protecting Joe Burrow is out prime and, indeed, only objective.
Tag Tee and look at wide receivers high next year to replace him when he’s gone.

D line… look for cap casualties like we did when we got Hendrickson.  Or look for lower
round potential and project prospects.  

Protect The Franchise, let everything else fall into place.

Why would you replace Cappa instead of Volson?  Also why demote the best OL they've got in favor of starting a rookie? Seems to me it'd make a lot more sense to let the rookie start at guard if they beat out Volson and then move them to C if Karras leaves in free agency next year.  That's a lot of "ifs", they've got to stop writing in draft picks as starters before they're even on the team.

45 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Why would you replace Cappa instead of Volson?  Also why demote the best OL they've got in favor of starting a rookie? Seems to me it'd make a lot more sense to let the rookie start at guard if they beat out Volson and then move them to C if Karras leaves in free agency next year.  That's a lot of "ifs", they've got to stop writing in draft picks as starters before they're even on the team.

Yeah Cappa has been solid, a bad game here or there, but overall he's fine. Volson not so much.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

yeah, just throwing it out there.

And In Volson I Trust (usually a bad thing for the player)

I just imagine Volson home in Nowhere North Dakota bench pressing

locomotives while ummm... other Bengal players who shall go unnamed...

opt for selfies and photo ops.

• Upvote 1

I actually think Volson is pretty close to breaking thru and becoming a top-tier LG. He started becoming pretty consistent last 7 games of the year or so. It would be crazy to all the sudden give up on him when he’s oh so close to being an upper-echelon G, IMO. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

yeah, just throwing it out there.

And In Volson I Trust (usually a bad thing for the player)

I just imagine Volson home in Nowhere North Dakota bench pressing

locomotives while ummm... other Bengal players who shall go unnamed...

opt for selfies and photo ops.

He hasn't waved a gun at anyone (allegedly) or busted out an AK over kids having a nerf fight (money solves everything) so I guess Volson has that going for him.

JS if I was replacing someone based on draft hype alone I'd start with him, but the main point was let's make the new guys earn their spot.

30 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I actually think Volson is pretty close to breaking thru and becoming a top-tier LG. He started becoming pretty consistent last 7 games of the year or so. It would be crazy to all the sudden give up on him when he’s oh so close to being an upper-echelon G, IMO. 

Exactly.  It will be his third year and he should be coming into his own in a big way.

IMHO and I hope.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah Cappa has been solid, a bad game here or there, but overall he's fine. Volson not so much.

How many people have we said Volson isn't good?

He may break out this year but Iim doubting it.

Too slow and very unathletic..

Draft an OT and later get a IOL .

• Upvote 1

Mock Draft Monday, there wasn't an RT there that was worth passing on Newton, but the combo of Newton and Sweat alongside Hill would fix our run D and our Interior pass rush pretty quickly. Also got a C for when Kaaras' deal is up this year.

Jer'Zhan NewtonDT Illinois
T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
Sedrick Van PranOC Georgia
Blake CorumRB Michigan
Isaiah AdamsOG Illinois
McCallan CastlesTE Tennessee
Christian JonesOT Texas
Dominique HamptonS Washington
Nathaniel WatsonLB Mississippi State
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Mock Draft Monday, there wasn't an RT there that was worth passing on Newton, but the combo of Newton and Sweat alongside Hill would fix our run D and our Interior pass rush pretty quickly. Also got a C for when Kaaras' deal is up this year.

.NFL-team-logo
Jer'Zhan NewtonDT Illinois
49.NFL-team-logo
T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
80.NFL-team-logo
Sedrick Van PranOC Georgia
115.NFL-team-logo
Blake CorumRB Michigan
147.NFL-team-logo
Isaiah AdamsOG Illinois
174.NFL-team-logo
McCallan CastlesTE Tennessee
195.NFL-team-logo
Christian JonesOT Texas
234.NFL-team-logo
Dominique HamptonS Washington
251.NFL-team-logo
Nathaniel WatsonLB Mississippi State

Good draft

Loaded with linemen..

Id remove Corum and add a WR or CB in his place...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Jackson Powers-Johnson is growing on me.

I think I read that Karras deal is up in 2024?

Be nice to have a Center with a year's OL experience waiting to step in.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

Upper echelon?

Your kidding right?

Only reason I'm leaning towards DT in round 1 is because of depth at the position, both in the draft and on the team. Of course, who knows how the dominos will fall, but...

Currently at DT, BJ Hill is solid... nothing more. Carter has done next to nothing, and then, you've got guys like Tupou, Tufele, Domenique Davis and Maxwell. And... that's it. Maybe Reader comes back, but even if so, who knows how soon, and how effectively. 

In the draft, at 3T as far as top-line talent, there's Byron Murphy and Johnny Newton, and then for ballast, there's Sweat and not much else. They HAVE to get better inside. 

Not saying there might be DT and OL/RT available via FA, in fact, I expect some combination for both areas - FA and the draft. But given there is some depth at T in this draft, and not much inside on defense, that's where I'd be focused first. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Only reason I'm leaning towards DT in round 1 is because of depth at the position, both in the draft and on the team. Of course, who knows how the dominos will fall, but...

Currently at DT, BJ Hill is solid... nothing more. Carter has done next to nothing, and then, you've got guys like Tupou, Tufele, Domenique Davis and Maxwell. And... that's it. Maybe Reader comes back, but even if so, who knows how soon, and how effectively. 

In the draft, at 3T as far as top-line talent, there's Byron Murphy and Johnny Newton, and then for ballast, there's Sweat and not much else. They HAVE to get better inside. 

Not saying there might be DT and OL/RT available via FA, in fact, I expect some combination for both areas - FA and the draft. But given there is some depth at T in this draft, and not much inside on defense, that's where I'd be focused first. 

I don't want to draft Murphy in Rd 1 but he'd help upfront.

I think they can get Sweat in rd2 after drafting the best OT on the board when their up...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Jackson Powers-Johnson is growing on me.

I think I read that Karras deal is up in 2024?

Be nice to have a Center with a year's OL experience waiting to step in.

Yeah this is his last year under contract but they need to extend him. This OL is way too shaky to be letting the one solid vet walk over saving a few bucks.

Go ahead and draft JPJ anyway if he's BPA when they're on the clock, though. He can earn a starting spot somewhere on the interior if he lives up to expectations. If not, good thing they didn't lock themselves into starting him.

Also there's the small matter of not having a starting RT. The more they insist on filling roster holes with unproven draft picks the earlier they're going to be making those picks.

They've got to address some of these needs in FA or they're going to keep sinking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They can fill some holes in free agency. If Reader will be available by training camp, sign him for a couple more years at a rate similar to what he made on his last deal. The cap has gone up but he's also older and coming off an injury. If it looks like he won't be ready that soon, look elsewhere.

We could probably sign A'Shawn Robinson (run stopper) plus Sheldon Rankins (interior pass rusher) for what Reader made.

Bring Apple and Flowers back at CB. Find a journeyman swing tackle for $5 mil or so. Also a good TE. 

None of those would be budget busters or stop us from tagging Tee or extending Ja'Marr. Though Dehner says there is no chance the team extends Chase this offseason. 

That would free us up for a BPA draft all the way through. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Upper echelon?

Your kidding right?

Just needs more consistency. He was trending in that direction 2nd half of the season. If he can continue to build off of that, he’s got a good chance of being upper-echelon, IMO. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Just needs more consistency. He was trending in that direction 2nd half of the season. If he can continue to build off of that, he’s got a good chance of being upper-echelon, IMO. 

Ok..

Your aren't wrong much but I just don't see him a starter type.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

They can fill some holes in free agency. If Reader will be available by training camp, sign him for a couple more years at a rate similar to what he made on his last deal. The cap has gone up but he's also older and coming off an injury. If it looks like he won't be ready that soon, look elsewhere.

We could probably sign A'Shawn Robinson (run stopper) plus Sheldon Rankins (interior pass rusher) for what Reader made.

Bring Apple and Flowers back at CB. Find a journeyman swing tackle for $5 mil or so. Also a good TE. 

None of those would be budget busters or stop us from tagging Tee or extending Ja'Marr. Though Dehner says there is no chance the team extends Chase this offseason. 

That would free us up for a BPA draft all the way through. 

You should apply for Bengals GM and let Tobin work more on drafting..😊

• Upvote 1