Super Wildcard Weekend Games Thread

38 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

What are two things the Chiefs have that the Bengals don't?

Taylor Swift and a running back.

told to me by a friend...

Taylor and the Refs. (Sung like "Benny and the Jets") :lol:

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He plays to flop 😆

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Regardless...He's the best..

In this day and time of “you can’t touch me”, he probably plays it better than anyone. On one “scramble” last night, you could tell he was measuring the defenders coming up for who would be angling for a hit, and those moving up for a touch tackle. Seeing only clearly backing off defenders—whose only angle which MIGHT not net them a penalty—he squared and headed down the sideline…getting 10 more yards than he would have, had defenders had been allowed to waste him.

Put this guy in Ken Anderson’s era, and he would never have been heard of.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

In this day and time of “you can’t touch me”, he probably plays it better than anyone. On one “scramble” last night, you could tell he was measuring the defenders coming up for who would be angling for a hit, and those moving up for a touch tackle. Seeing only clearly backing off defenders—whose only angle which MIGHT not net them a penalty—he squared and headed down the sideline…getting 10 more yards than he would have, had defenders had been allowed to waste him.

Put this guy in Ken Anderson’s era, and he would never have been heard of.  

Watched the OL tackle a guy into him and then the refs calli t roughing. Just absurd.

His helmet got cracked early - normal thing for plastic in extreme temps - but the refs got spooked and started throwing flags every other time he got touched.

Cue the announcers calling him unstoppable 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

"Hey. Joe, were ya gonna go with that gun in your hand?"  ~ Jimi Hendrix and others (the Seeds have a nice cut)

Did you mean The Leaves original or the Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds cover?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for the distraction, but I'm going to talk about playoff football now.

The league kinda screwed Buffalo over with the scheduling, as they had scheduled the 2-7 game as the final AFC wildcard game this weekend..... and it's been made even worse by having that game postponed to Monday.  As it stands now, the Bills will have two fewer days' rest than whomever their opponent ends up being - which we now know will be the Chefs.  I'm assuming Buffalo wins tomorrow, but even if they lose to Pittsburgh the Stealers will be in the same position having two days fewer to prepare for Baltimore than vice-versa.  At least the league's NFC schedule makes sense.... 2-7 is first, then 3-6, leaving 4-5 for Monday.  By doing it that way, the 2nd round pairings resolve game-by-game.... if you have the 2-7 game last, then NONE of the pairings are settled until that game is played.

As far as Divisional scheduling, as fucked-up as the NFL is I cannot see them forcing any of the Monday teams to play their next playoff game on Saturday.  It seems stupidly obvious that the Monday winners will play on Sunday.  And with exactly one west coast game next weekend (the Niners), but not knowing if they're playing on Saturday or Sunday, I'll bet that the NFC games will be the 2nd game on both days - to cover their butts.  If those assumptions hold - and we're talking about the NFL so there are no guarantees here - the Divisional Round probably looks like this:

AFC games on Saturday 430 and Sunday 300

- PIT/BUF winner plays on Sunday, so HOU plays on Saturday

- If 2-BUF wins:  Saturday= 4-HOU at 1-BAL, Sunday = 3-KCC at 2-BUF

- If 7-PIT wins:  Saturday = 4-HOU at 3-KCC, Sunday = 7-PIT at 1-BAL

NFC games on Saturday 800 and Sunday 630

- PHI/TBB winner plays on Sunday

- If 7-GBP wins: Saturday = 7-GBP at 1-SFF, Sunday = PHI/TBB at 3-DET /or/ 6-LAR at PHI/TBB

- If 2-DAL and 3-DET win:  Saturday = 3-DET at 2-DAL, Sunday = PHI/TBB at 1-SFF

- If 2-DAL and 6-LAR win:  Saturday = 6-LAR at 1-SFF, Sunday = PHI/TBB at 2-DAL

There's no way to avoid screwing this week's Monday winners - the NFC winner plays a team with at least one extra day of rest.  The AFC winner, if it's BUF, plays a team with two extra days of rest.  If it's PIT, they play BAL who has had two weeks' rest, but that was going to happen to the 7 seed regardless.  At least this schedule maximizes the time off for the Monday winners, as they play on Sunday after a short 6-day week.  There's no way to give them more rest without pushing the Divisional Games into Monday as well, which solves nothing and only postpones the "pay back" by a week into the Conference Championships.  Since the AFC pairings can't be settled until BUF/PIT play, BAL has to accept that they don't know when their game will be (Sat or Sun) until they know if they're playing HOU or PIT.

It's a clusterfuck.  The league could've fixed this by scheduling the AFC games in the same order as the NFC games, reserving the 4/5 game for last.  And while they cannot control the weather and a declared state of emergency in WNY could not have been predicted, by having the AFC 2/7 game last, they opened the door to this sort of upheaval.  If this were the 4/5 game, we'd already have the games scheduled and the pairings set, needing only to know who the 4/5 winner is to take the predetermined slot.

Dumb fucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I've got an idea.  If the weather makes PIT at BUF impossible, the NFL should do a coin flip.

Heads - the game goes to Pittsburgh

Tails - the game goes to Atlanta

Never forget, the league established a precedent last year, where they demonstrated their willingness to take an earned home playoff game away from a division champion and give it to a wild card team based on a coin flip.  And to move an earned home playoff game to a neutral site for no apparent reason.

Fuckers

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I've got an idea.  If the weather makes PIT at BUF impossible, the NFL should do a coin flip.

Heads - the game goes to Pittsburgh

Tails - the game goes to Atlanta

Never forget, the league established a precedent last year, where they demonstrated their willingness to take an earned home playoff game away from a division champion and give it to a wild card team based on a coin flip.  And to move an earned home playoff game to a neutral site for no apparent reason.

Fuckers

I ike

Heads Carolina

Tails California

You got a nickel?

42 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

If the weather makes PIT at BUF impossible, the NFL should do

“She said I can't go back to america soon
So goddamn cold it's gonna snow until june
Yeah, they're freezin' up in buffalo stuck in their cars
And I'm lyin' here 'neath the sun and the stars”

Miami! 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I swear some people look for conspiracy where reality doest fit their narrative 

The Governor declared a state of emergency, the league wasn't trying to help the Bills

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/gov-hochul-to-declare-a-state-of-emergency-for-western-new-york-ahead-of-lake-effect-snowstorm

The Deep State controls the weather

It's the only explanation for why McCarthy is in Dallas staring at his play sheet like a drunk trying to read the menu in an IHOP at 3am.

The Cowboys are a hoax.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

The Deep State controls the weather

It's the only explanation for why McCarthy is in Dallas staring at his play sheet like a drunk trying to read the menu in an IHOP at 3am.

The Cowboys are a hoax.

Someone got ahold of Dick Cheny's weather machine