AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

Here’s one more reason to root for the Lions. Local boy makes good. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/01/27/detroit-lions-david-montgomery-nfc-championship-san-francisco-49ers/72381503007/

From everything I’ve read over the years on my hometown Facebook page, he’s truly a good dude.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Here’s one more reason to root for the Lions. Local boy makes good. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/01/27/detroit-lions-david-montgomery-nfc-championship-san-francisco-49ers/72381503007/

From everything I’ve read over the years on my hometown Facebook page, he’s truly a good dude.

Or Derrick Barnes who is from Covington who when he was a kid was mentored by Big Whit

• Upvote 2

Injury report:  Big blow for the Ravens.

Linky: https://www.kshb.com/sports/football/chiefs/chiefs-announce-wr-kadarius-toney-is-out-for-afc-championship-vs-ravens

Chiefs announce WR Kadarius Toney is out for AFC Championship vs. Ravens

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs announced that wide receiver Kadarius Toney is out against the Baltimore Ravens in today's AFC Championship game. Toney (personal/hip) was listed as questionable on the Chiefs' injury report Friday, before he was downgraded to out.

Baltimore just can't catch a break....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Take away Mahomes, his wife, the pop singer, and the pop singer's boyfriend, and I'd be for Kansas City. But those four are still in the picture, so I can't be for them. A vocal minority of drunken fans chanting "Eff Joe Burrow" after a game doesn't trump the vomit-inducing behavior of Kelce and the two blondes in the box.

Well, hell, I'm switching sides. Turned the game on and saw Ray Lewis on the field and also started remembering that the only QBs to beat Kermit in the postseason are Burrow and Brady. I really don't want Lamar joining that group and I don't want the Ravens doing what the Bengals didn't do last year. It's probably better for Burrow and the Bengals for KC to win. So, go Chiefs, I guess. <throws up in mouth>

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bleeds Orange said:

Well, hell, I'm switching sides. Turned the game on and saw Ray Lewis on the field and started remembering that the only QBs to beat Kermit in the postseason are Burrow and Brady. I really don't want Lamar joining that group and I don't want the Ravens doing what the Bengals didn't do last year. It's probably better for Burrow and the Bengals for KC to win. So, go Chiefs, I guess. <throws up in mouth>

That’s where I am with it too. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Well, hell, I'm switching sides. Turned the game on and saw Ray Lewis on the field and started remembering that the only QBs to beat Kermit in the postseason are Burrow and Brady. I really don't want Lamar joining that group and I don't want the Ravens doing what the Bengals didn't do last year. It's probably better for Burrow and the Bengals for KC to win. So, go Chiefs, I guess. <throws up in mouth>

Mr despicable himself