*** [RD 2] Bengals Select ~ KRIS JENKINS, DT ***

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He has that Cam Taylor Britt personality in him. I like it.

Yeah I felt like that too.

I believe the sky's the limit for him.

He along with McKinley Jackson give me hope along the Dline this year.

• Upvote 1

Just based on initial gut feel and limited media info I've watched, I say this guy is my favorite pick of the draft for the Bengals.  Hopefully all the picks turn out to be contributing players, especially Mims, but Jenkins stands out for me at first glance.

• Upvote 2

Jenkins was easily my favorite defensive player taken. 

One thing I will say. Lou Anarumo can't see he hasn't been given plenty of premium draft capital over the past 3 years. During the last three drafts 8 of 10 Day One/Day Two picks have gone to the defensive side of the ball. So the defense needs to be significantly better than it was last season. No excuses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/8/2024 at 12:46 PM, BlackJesus said:

A Jenkins feature ...

He's thick thruout...

Naturally strong and lifting only enhances that.

Has the beast mode in him .

His high-end enthusiasm is great for the team.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Griever said:

This display of raw strength and coordination is nuts...just please do not injure yourself

Great strength, excellent athleticism, tremendous motor...do not under why Jenkins wasn't a better pass rusher at Michigan. He was a very good college player, but still has plenty of  upside that hasn't been tapped into yet.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Griever said:

This display of raw strength and coordination is nuts...just please do not injure yourself

A dumbell or kettlebell can accomplish the same thing without the risk of injury from the bar, but it looks cool for social media

18 hours ago, dex said:

Great strength, excellent athleticism, tremendous motor...do not under why Jenkins wasn't a better pass rusher at Michigan. He was a very good college player, but still has plenty of  upside that hasn't been tapped into yet.

Maybe they didn't want him rushing the passer, certain players have certain assignments so maybe he was a stay-at-home to make sure QBs don't scramble or something like that.. Sacks aren't the ultimate measure of a player's ability to pass rush, pressure rate is a better indicator. 

Jenkins' ability to plug gaps is unique in this draft. Only one interior defensive lineman produced a higher run-stop rate than Jenkins’ 13.3% over the last three seasons. 

Jenkins isn’t the most dominant pass-rusher, but in 2023, he did create 26 pressures on true pass rushes, a respectable mark.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-michigan-di-kris-jenkins#:~:text=Only one interior defensive lineman,pass rushes%2C a respectable mark.

Seems like Jenkins is run stopping machine but it will be interesting to see how he progresses as a pass rusher

• Upvote 2

I watched a lot of UM games - Jenkins had a lot of responsibilities in the run game for sure, and he was a beast in that phase... but I expected him to do more as a rusher. He did a solid job bringing inside pressure, just didn't finish very well. Relative to guys like Johnny Newton and Byron Murphy from last year's class, he's not as productive as a pass rusher, but I think he can give you something. If he can help bring pressure up the middle, that'll help the outside guys, and vice versa.

• Upvote 1