*** [RD 3] Bengals Select ~ JERMAINE BURTON, WR ***

After playing for 6 different schools in 8 years of HS and college, it's not Burton isn't used to different uniforms and jersey numbers. His number was #3 at Alabama and #7 at Georgia. Who even knows what his numbers were with his HS teams.

I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence, but the only 2 of the 10 draft picks to get their college jersey numbers in Cincinnati were both TEs.

47 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

First the Bengals put that boring B in the center of the new field

then they give this guy number 81 rather than 3.

They can be such a buzz kill sometimes.  I expected more from the Pumpkinettes.

Same - meh on the B and I wouldn't thought that Burton would get a single number. Maybe he asked for it, I dunno. 'Course, Tee didn't get 5 at first but I don't remember if someone had it at the time. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:08 PM, BlackJesus said:

Zac pounded his chair out of excitement when taking Burton …

Did he? Or are some of Burton’s anger issues already rubbing off on the team … 🤔 

5 hours ago, texbengal said:

Same - meh on the B and I wouldn't thought that Burton would get a single number. Maybe he asked for it, I dunno. 'Course, Tee didn't get 5 at first but I don't remember if someone had it at the time. 

I want to say 85 was Eifert’s number? 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

When Tee Higgins looks over his shoulder, he sees Jermaine Burton.

Pity... I really like Tee but his agent's mouth may have drawn likes that

Tee unfortunately crossed.

I don't think Higgins is worried about Burton. Higgins is almost exclusively an outside WR. Assuming both Chase and Higgins are healthy, Gesicki and Burton figure to spend most of their time in the slot. If the Bengals want to put Chase in the slot, then Burton could easily line up outside with Higgins. And when Higgins becomes a free agent after next season, then Burton will likely become most an outside receiver. It's why the Bengals chose Burton over Roman Wilson who went 2 picks later...Wilson is a slot WR in the way that Tyler Boyd was.

• Upvote 1