Rounds 4-7 Discussion: 2024 NFL Draft

11 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I wanted Stover over All. 

Zac Taylor calls James Casey the best TE coach in the NFL. Erich All was clearly Casey's guy all along. All was singled out in the 4th the way Burton was in the 3th. Tons of upside. After waiting for years Casey finally gets a new draft pick to develop. 

• Like 1

All is “all that” … if he’s healthy. Was my favorite TE (after Bowers).  Great player at Michigan and then transferred to Iowa. Played with McNamara (QB) both places. 

Better blocker than Gesicki and Hudson, and would be 2nd best receiver. Can get downfield, run after catch/break tackles.  Really talented kid. 

Sounds like he’s still rehabbing from ACL tear but will be available by September. 

Just now, texbengal said:

All is “all that” … if he’s healthy. Was my favorite TE (after Bowers).  Great player at Michigan and then transferred to Iowa. Played with McNamara (QB) both places. 

Better blocker than Gesicki and Hudson, and would be 2nd best receiver. Can get downfield, run after catch/break tackles.  Really talented kid. 

Sounds like he’s still rehabbing from ACL tear but will be available by September. 

Nailed it, Tex. It was a weak TE class overall, but All was TE2 if he were only talking talent and upside. Of course we are also talking about an ACL so of course he wasn't the second TE taken.

All 3 offensive picks taken so far have questions to answer but tons of upside.

21 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I wanted Stover over All. 

I'd have preferred CB Kris Abrams-Draine from Missouri. He's on the small side but has great ball skills. Only allowed opposing QBs a 52 passer rating when throwing at him and had more picks than TDs allowed. 

A completely healthy Eric All wasn't close to the second best TE in this class. Given his injuries, he was a reach in round 4. I wonder if the Bengals called the Raiders about Michael Mayer after they drafted Bowers? I'd have offered a third rounder for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Mims and Burton have potentially high ceilings. All doesn't belong in that category, which is why he's picked on day 3. Jared Wiley from TCU who went to the Chiefs has a higher ceiling than All, as an example. 

I can’t disagree more strongly. Guess we will see. 

3 minutes ago, dex said:

All comes down to health...

Oh yeah, there’s no doubt - health is the big question. And it’s big. I have indicated as much since I’ve been mentioning him on here for awhile. 

But if he’s healthy, he is a dude. 

Bengals seem to be approaching the draft like they have 10 picks, but only 5 of these guys will make the squad and a few can do a redshirt year, so swing for the fences and let it be a numbers game, where you get at least 2-3 home runs, even if you have 6 strikeouts. 

I would have loved to see Tory Taylor drafted in Rd 4, who could have started on day 1. 

Punters are very important and can be the difference in winning a Super Bowl (ask Kansas City). 

Now we need to get one in Rd 6. 

One commonality I am noticing with the Bengals draft picks, is they like long arms, big hands, and athleticism. They seem to be saying the team needs an infusion of high end athletes with rare physical attributes—perhaps it has enough solid guys who can give you your meat and potatoes. So they are looking for "dessert". 

If finding that chocolate cake means you take risks on character, injury, or inexperience, it is worth it as they only need to "hit" on like 2 of them to have a huge impact, as the roster is already pretty solid.