It's Official, Ed Hartwell is a Bengal.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='481723' date='May 2 2007, 10:35 PM']by the looks of email headers/ip address from hobsons reply emails to questions ive sent him and "guests" ip search , he or someone from the ip has been to the site just over 600 times.[/quote]

That is awesome!

[quote][size=3][b]Bengals close to signing veteran LB [/b][/size]
By Kevin Goheen
Post staff reporter

The Bengals and Ed Hartwell want to join forces. Both sides have said all of the right things, and all signs point to the former Baltimore Raven and Atlanta Falcon linebacker becoming a Bengal - but as of Wednesday night no deal had been agreed upon.

Hartwell's first season in the NFL was in 2001, the last season Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis spent as the Baltimore defensive coordinator. He has played the last two seasons with Atlanta, but injuries have limited him to just 13 games.

"It's an inevitability that this will happen," said Harold Lewis, Hartwell's agent. "We're just working out a few details."

The Bengals did not select any linebackers in last weekend's NFL draft. They did add two rookie linebackers to the roster on Wednesday when they announced their official list of college free agents. They signed Earl Everett of Florida and Cameron Siskowic of Illinois State among 14 players.

One of the surprises from the draft was that no team picked Everett. He was projected as high as a third-round pick by some scouting services after leading the BCS national champion Gators in tackles for the second straight season in 2006.

The Bengals will hold a mini-camp this weekend beginning on Friday for their rookie draft picks, college free agents as well as several unsigned players being brought in for tryouts.

Local players among those listed are quarterback Jeff Smith from Georgetown College and Newport Central Catholic High School, Ohio linebacker Matt Muncy from Miamisburg, a suburb of Dayton, and Ohio State fullback Stan White.

The other college free agents are: Bryan Andrews (defensive end, Wake Forest), Dan Coats (tight end, Brigham Young), Jessie Holley (wide receiver, North Carolina), Xzavie Jackson (defensive end, Missouri), Tony Kays (wide receiver, Cal-Davis), Harrison Nikaloa (guard, Eastern Washington), Elliot Seifert (tackle, Temple), Dane Uperesa (defensive line, Hawaii) and T.J. Wright (cornerback, Ohio).

Holley and Uperesa signed three-year contracts, while the rest of the players signed deals for two years.

In addition to the signed CFAs, the Bengals also announced on Wednesday they would host several players for tryouts this weekend, including six with area connections. Wide receiver Marc Burr (Northwest H.S), long snapper Pat Farfsing (UC, St. Xavier H.S.), tight end Steve Kosky (Miami U., Anderson) and defensive tackle Ellery Moore of Kentucky are rookies, while former UC cornerback Blue Adams and former Ohio State and Roger Bacon punter B.J. Sander have also been invited to the mini-camp.

Adams has played three seasons in the NFL, including last season with Tampa Bay, while Sander was a third-round draft choice of Green Bay in 2004 and spent two seasons with the Packers.

The Bengals made one other roster move on Wednesday, releasing linebacker Jason Berryman. The Bengals had signed Berryman as a free agent on Jan. 2 and allocated him to NFL Europe. He has not played in the developmental league, spending his time on the practice squad of the Cologne Centurions.[/quote]

[url="http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070503/SPT03/705030305/1022/RSS0302"]Cincinnati Post.com[/url]

Guest Tigris
I'm waking up every morning and just hoping I hear, see some news about the guy signing. I know he just had a kid, so be there for that... but right afterwards GET YOUR ASS TO CINCINNATI AND SIGN THE CONTRACT!!!

I want him signed before he has a chance to discuss anything further with other teams.

Guest schotzee
He will probably sign with us ,but I still think he is jerking us around a little too much.His newborn is not holding this up if that article is correct.The only thing that makes me think it will happen is because Lance is mum on it.

I'll be happy if I read he signs for two years. I think we make it into round two of the playoffs this year. I think we win it all next year. We need him here for next year, too.

[quote name='schotzee' post='481852' date='May 3 2007, 08:44 AM']He will probably sign with us ,but I still think he is jerking us around a little too much.His newborn is not holding this up if that article is correct.The only thing that makes me think it will happen is because Lance is mum on it.[/quote]

He probably wants it in writing that he'll start all season.

[quote name='Jeb' post='481876' date='May 3 2007, 03:35 PM']He probably wants it in writing that he'll start all season.[/quote]
Who in the hell as ever been given such assurances prior to signing a contract? If he wants PT here or anywhere else, he's going to have to earn it.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='481955' date='May 3 2007, 12:49 PM']Who in the hell as ever been given such assurances prior to signing a contract? If he wants PT here or anywhere else, he's going to have to earn it.[/quote]

I think Jeb is just joking about wanting it in writing. Right Jeb? Jeb?

[quote name='Rick' post='481959' date='May 3 2007, 12:55 PM']I think Jeb is just joking about wanting it in writing. Right Jeb? Jeb?[/quote]

Anymore, I don't know about these guys. Its a weird kind of half kidding and I don't know what the hold up is. Who knows? Anything is possible now-a-days.

This guy has some prima donna in him, ...I wouldn't completely rule anything out. :unsure: :D

The deal is basically done, they just need to work out minor details. Hartwell wants to be here and Marvin wants him here, they will get the job done.

[img]http://www.washingtoninformer.com/wk%20of%20June%2027/A1-Jesse-Jackson-6-30-05.jpg[/img]
[i][size=3][b]"Keep Hope Alive.....Keep Hope Alive"[/b][/size][/i]

[quote name='Jeb' post='481988' date='May 3 2007, 02:22 PM']Anymore, I don't know about these guys. Its a weird kind of half kidding and[b] I don't know what the hold up is.[/b] Who knows? Anything is possible now-a-days.

This guy has some prima donna in him, ...I wouldn't completely rule anything out. :unsure: :D[/quote]

no team would give anyone that type of promise, the hold up is that he wants more money from someone else.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='481990' date='May 3 2007, 02:23 PM']The guy just had his 1st kid, he probabally wants to spend time with his wife and kid. It will get done have some patience.[/quote]

nah, i dont care who you are or how "sappy" of a fella you are, i had a kid, i love my son and my family, but if my career and a huge stack of cash were a phone call away to getting it settles knowing where that family is going to live for the next year or so, i would be on it, the ONLY explanation is waiting on offers from other teams or continueing to shop, the ONLY ONLY reason the agent would say the things he is saying, is to get other teams attention in an attempt at putting some urgency in an offer for his services. otherwise why would he give a fuck about commenting at all?

[quote name='IKOTA' post='482031' date='May 3 2007, 03:55 PM']The deal is basically done, they just need to work out minor details. [b]Hartwell wants to be here and Marvin wants him here,[/b] they will get the job done.

[img]http://www.washingtoninformer.com/wk%20of%20June%2027/A1-Jesse-Jackson-6-30-05.jpg[/img]
[i][size=3][b]"Keep Hope Alive.....Keep Hope Alive"[/b][/size][/i][/quote]

i have a SWEET bridge for sale, if he wnated to be here, he wouldnt be holding up or still shopping for any reason, if marvin wanted him here we wouldnt have low balled him with a veteran minimum salary. we are both willing to work together, it would be a decent fit, but he isnt worth a few extra bucks, and appearently we arent worth few less bucks to him.

how is this not CRYSTAL clear to anyone?

he is a nobody, i dont care what he did in 2002, 2003, he hasnt done shit sense, injuries aside he accomplished NOTHING teh last season he palyed all 16 games either. like sam adams, his only god years were with an entire great unit in 2002/2003 with the ravens D. that UNIT did great together, when those players left, they did nothing.

ed hartwell isnt that fucking good, he would be GREAT to have to have some veteran leadership while teh young kids learn, but he knows our guys developement is more important to us than him showcasing himself for a deal SOMEWHERE else in 12 months. we are likely his last resort, is he is pretty low on our list as well. in order to sign him, we most lose someone we have been developing. the gains and losses to hartwell playing here are equally minimal.

seriously. this guy, ian scott, mike myers, and the plethra of UDFA we signed, are pretty meaningless in the big picture. if we are counting on any of these guys to bring anything significant to the table. we are fucked anyway.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='482039' date='May 3 2007, 04:20 PM']nah, i dont care who you are or how "sappy" of a fella you are, i had a kid, i love my son and my family, but if my career and a huge stack of cash were a phone call away to getting it settles knowing where that family is going to live for the next year or so, i would be on it, the ONLY explanation is waiting on offers from other teams or continueing to shop, the ONLY ONLY reason the agent would say the things he is saying, is to get other teams attention in an attempt at putting some urgency in an offer for his services. otherwise why would he give a fuck about commenting at all?[/quote]

Two differences between him and you:

A. He isn't going to start working for a few months anyway.
B. If he has half a brain, he has a few million dollars in the bank from the big contract he got in Atlanta.

Considering how much time he will be able to spend with his family once training camp, and the season starts, I don't blame him for getting that time in now.

[quote name='Jason' post='482042' date='May 3 2007, 04:26 PM']Two differences between him and you:

A. He isn't going to start working for a few months anyway.
B. If he has half a brain, he has a few million dollars in the bank from the big contract he got in Atlanta.

Considering how much time he will be able to spend with his family once training camp, and the season starts, I don't blame him for getting that time in now.[/quote]

kinda contradicts this whole "dedicated to get back and show what i can do heathly" BS he has been spewing through himself and his agent for a few weeks, its a phone call, the team would easily send someone his way to sign the paperwork and have it done. its a pretty weak excuse. i never said he needed the money, and football work, especially going to a new team with a new coach and new defense, started months ago, there are players are the stadium today, not just rookies, if you think football and his job to have a chance to start and be successful on ANY team doesnt start yesterday, then perhaps you would like to co-op on that bridge im selling IKOTA.

doesnt start working for a few months he says. good god are you serious? football players get bout 6-8 weeks of real time off, and its not in a row.

you think guys fly into town the same or next day to hold a jersey for a camera? there is work to do. and he's already late.

There's no urgency because the deal is basically done. Hartwell will be a bengal. He knows it and the bengals know it. They can work out the details at their leisure.

Gobengals, you have a problem and you seem awfully bitter. Did Hartwell have his baby with your wife or something? Is that why you are so pissed off? Otherwise you need to calm the hell down and maybe get on some meds.

[quote name='JoePong' post='482053' date='May 3 2007, 01:47 PM']There's no urgency because the deal is basically done. Hartwell will be a bengal. He knows it and the bengals know it. They can work out the details at their leisure. In fact the details are probably worked out and they are just holding off making it official and making the announcement until it's a good time for Ed.

Gobengals, you have a problem and you seem awfully bitter. Did Hartwell have his baby with your wife or something? Is that why you are so pissed off? Otherwise you need to calm the hell down and maybe get on some meds.[/quote]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='482048' date='May 3 2007, 04:37 PM']kinda contradicts this whole "dedicated to get back and show what i can do heathly" BS he has been spewing through himself and his agent for a few weeks, its a phone call, the team would easily send someone his way to sign the paperwork and have it done. its a pretty weak excuse. i never said he needed the money, and football work, especially going to a new team with a new coach and new defense, started months ago, there are players are the stadium today, not just rookies, if you think football and his job to have a chance to start and be successful on ANY team doesnt start yesterday, then perhaps you would like to co-op on that bridge im selling IKOTA.

[b]doesnt start working for a few months he says. good god are you serious?[/b] football players get bout 6-8 weeks of real time off, and its not in a row.

you think guys fly into town the same or next day to hold a jersey for a camera? there is work to do. and he's already late.[/quote]

I was referring to training camp. Regardless, there is no rush to get this done immediately. A few days won't make a bit of difference. The next few days are the rookie mini camp anyway, and last I checked, he's not a rookie.

Archived