Jim Rome just called out Goodell

Jim Rome just called out Goodell on his double standard between Pacman, Henry, Tank, and how Vic is being coddled with a wait-and-see approach. He asks, ...is it the money? The size of his contract? or the fact that he's the face of the Falcons?

Welcome to my world Rome! Its about time others saw the double standard. After all, Henry is the only one sitting in purgatory that hasn't been offered any type of early return or parole.

Cincinnati knows all about the double standard in Goodell's Code of Conduct!

[quote name='Jeb' post='512621' date='Jul 19 2007, 11:59 AM']Jim Rome just called out Goodell on his double standard between Pacman, Henry, Tank, and how Vic is being coddled with a wait-and-see approach. He asks, ...is it the money? The size of his contract? or the fact that he's the face of the Falcons?

Welcome to my world Rome! Its about time others saw the double standard. After all, Henry is the only one sitting in purgatory that hasn't been offered any type of early return or parole.

Cincinnati knows all about the double standard in Goodell's Code of Conduct![/quote]I would hate to be in Goodell's shoes right now... :D

[quote name='staticx682000' post='512623' date='Jul 19 2007, 01:03 PM']I would hate to be in Goodell's shoes right now... :D[/quote]

Goodell asked for it. He allowed the media to push him around and came up with this new "code of conduct." Tagliabue just ignored the media on this issue and would wait for a conviction before acting. Now Goodell has to act or his code means nothing.

I would too but if it was me I wouldn't be in his shoes.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='512638' date='Jul 19 2007, 01:50 PM']ROME IS..............................................................."pause".................................................................[s]THE[/s] SHIT![/quote]

There... fixed it for you.

I don't see the double standard. Vick has never been charged with any crime before. Henry and Johnson both have multiple convictions and Jones has had two cases where he never contested the charges. So In Vick's case there is no evidence that he has ever been guilty of anything. With Henry, Johnson, and Jones there are multiple cases with each of them. Also remember that Jones's suspension doesn't cover any of the problems he has in Las Vegas, so he could actually get his suspension INCREASED based on that incident. So how is there a double standard?

Rome is a moron.

are people in this thread pretending that rome calling out goodall effects anyone anywhere for any reason?

he appears to be a never ending self commercial sports shock jock with a tv show. i cant imagine anyone within any organization anywhere cares what he says or thinks. entertaining at times im sure, but thats likely it..

[quote name='fredtoast' post='512655' date='Jul 19 2007, 06:13 PM']I don't see the double standard. Vick has never been charged with any crime before. Henry and Johnson both have multiple convictions and Jones has had two cases where he never contested the charges. So In Vick's case there is no evidence that he has ever been guilty of anything. With Henry, Johnson, and Jones there are multiple cases with each of them. Also remember that Jones's suspension doesn't cover any of the problems he has in Las Vegas, so he could actually get his suspension INCREASED based on that incident. So how is there a double standard?

Rome is a moron.[/quote]

Impersonating a NFL QB should be a crime

[quote name='fredtoast' post='512655' date='Jul 19 2007, 01:13 PM']I don't see the double standard. Vick has never been charged with any crime before. Henry and Johnson both have multiple convictions and Jones has had two cases where he never contested the charges. [b]So In Vick's case there is no evidence that he has ever been guilty of anything[/b]. With Henry, Johnson, and Jones there are multiple cases with each of them. Also remember that Jones's suspension doesn't cover any of the problems he has in Las Vegas, so he could actually get his suspension INCREASED based on that incident. So how is there a double standard?[/quote]

The crimes committed by Pac-Man, Henry and Johnson can be attributed to momentary
lapses of reason, mostly fueled by emotion, alcohol or drugs. Vick`s "alledged" infraction was
nothing like that. It was a well-planned business that had "allegedly" been operating since his
rookie season in 2001.

[quote][b]"That indictment is brutal," said John Goodwin, the lead investigator from the Humane Society. "The details in there are amazing. That's much stronger than most of the cases I've seen." [/b]

"There's a lot riding on this one," a league source said. "Perception is really important right now for the entire league and (Goodell) has set the bar pretty high. I think the one thing going for (Goodell) if he's going to suspend Vick is that he gave Vick a chance to tell the truth."

Vick met with Goodell in New York, shortly after the raid on Vick's property, before the NFL draft in April. Vick told Goodell and said publicly that he never went to the house and that he was unaware of what his family and friends were doing there.

Reports by media outlets in Virginia disputed Vick's story. [b]Witnesses said that Vick had been seen there many times. The federal indictment also lays out a much different story, saying that Vick participated in the commerce of dog fighting. The indictment said that dogs and participants were brought in from as far away as New York and Texas for fights. [/b]

The indictment also specifies that the raising and training of dogs were conducted at the home. The home features a series of kennels and a small building in the back where fights were supposed to have taken place.

The indictment also lays out a detailed and ugly description of how the fights were run, including how dogs that lost fights were killed afterward, if necessary. [b]Dogs were often shot, drowned, electrocuted or strangled if they could not otherwise be saved. [/b]

[b]"We're talking about activity that went on for years,"[/b] Pacelle said. "Yes, these are accusations. But for him to have claimed that he knew nothing about the activities there is unbelievable … that's why we think the league should suspend him under its conduct policy.

"If you're just going to wait for the judicial process, why even have a conduct policy?"[/quote]

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-vick071707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-v...o&type=lgns[/url]

[quote]Rome is a moron.[/quote]

I agree.

Rome and his "clones" can be quite tiresome in their veracity, but he does make salient points sometimes....and this is one of them.
But Fred has some points as well regarding convictions/amount of offenses versus a "first time offender" like Vick (yeah right).
While the allegations are quite severe, there's never been a conviction of anything before, you have to legally concede that.....
BTW, I hope it's all true and he loses his career for being a wannabe thug dog-fighter.....
But he may yet OJ his way out of it, stay tuned....
Goodell needs to decide if the NFL is going to make suspension decisions before or after the legal process takes it's course....'cuz it sounds like it's a case of "innocent until proven Bengal/Titan".

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='512968' date='Jul 19 2007, 09:31 PM']Rome is a turd. I cannot listen to that jerkoff.

Classic Jim Rome..
[/quote]
Rome has grown up so much since then. He even has a fancy moustache to prove his increased wisdom.

As you all should be able to tell, I'm not a Rome fan. However, if it's true that Rome (allegedly) called at Goodell, then he's just a little less unbearable to me.

I still don't like him, but maybe he's worked his way back enough to lose the quote below (because I know it hurts him so much to see it when he signs into Go-Bengals!)

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='512647' date='Jul 19 2007, 07:02 PM']There... fixed it for you.[/quote]
beat me to it <_<

[quote name='Storm' post='512885' date='Jul 20 2007, 01:41 AM']Impersonating a NFL QB should be a crime[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Indianabengal' post='512957' date='Jul 20 2007, 03:56 AM']Rome is very accurate and justified in calling out the [b]bought and paid for[/b] commish.

If he wants to prove that he is out to carry a big stick, he better not be afraid to swing it at the "big Dawgs". Vick sure as hell wasn't.[/quote]
:o wow

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='512638' date='Jul 19 2007, 01:50 PM']ROME IS..............................................................."pause".................................................................A PIECE OF SHIT![/quote]

You miss spelled that, and left a couple of words out my man. But I fixed it for ya.

Archived