Ann Coulter: "Jews need to be perfected"

BlackJesus

[center][size=4][color="#4169E1"]--->[/color][/size] [url="http://clips.mediamatters.org/static/video/bigidea-20071008-coulter.wmv"]VIDEO[/url][/center]

[quote][img]http://www.salem-news.com/stimg/june282007/ann-coulter_bw_350.jpg[/img]

[size=4][u]From the October 8 edition of CNBC's The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch:[/u][/size]

DEUTSCH: Let me ask you a question. We're going to get off strengths and weakness for a second. If you had your way, and all of your -- forget that any of them --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: I like this. [/color]

DEUTSCH: -- are calculated marketing teases, and your dreams, which are genuine, came true having to do with immigration, having to do with women's -- with abortion -- what would this country look like?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: It would look like New York City during the Republican National Convention. In fact, that's what I think heaven is going to look like. [/color]

DEUTSCH: And what did that look like?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Happy, joyful Republicans in the greatest city in the world. [/color]

DEUTSCH: No, no, no, no, but I'm talking about this country. You don't want to make this country -- it's not about Republicans. I'm saying, what would the fabric of this country look like? Forget that the Republicans would be running the show.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Well, everyone would root for America, the Democratic Party would look like [Sen.] Joe Lieberman [I-CT], the Republican Party would look like [Rep.] Duncan Hunter [R-CA] --[/color]

DEUTSCH: No, no, no, I don't want -- I'm not talking about politically the landscape. What would our -- would we be safer? Would people be happier? Would they be more --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: We would be a lot safer. [/color]

DEUTSCH: Would there be more tolerance? Would there be -- would women be happier, would the races get along better? The Ann Coulter subscription -- prescription. What -- tell me what would be different in our fabric of country, because --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Well, all of those things. [/color]

DEUTSCH: -- I can give -- I can give you an argument there would be more divisiveness, that there would be more hate --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Oh, no. [/color]

DEUTSCH: -- that there would be a bigger difference between the rich and the poor, a lot of other -- tell me what -- why this would be a better world? Let's give you -- I'm going to give you -- say this is your show.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Well, OK, take the Republican National Convention. People were happy. They're Christian. They're tolerant. They defend America, they --[/color]

DEUTSCH: Christian -- so we should be Christian? It would be better if we were all Christian?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Yes.[/color]

DEUTSCH: We should all be Christian?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Yes. Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?[/color]

DEUTSCH: So I should not be a Jew, I should be a Christian, and this would be a better place?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Well, you could be a practicing Jew, but you're not.[/color]

DEUTSCH: I actually am. That's not true. I really am. But -- so we would be better if we were - if people -- if there were no Jews, no Buddhists --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Whenever I'm harangued by --[/color]

DEUTSCH: -- in this country? You can't believe that.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: -- you know, liberals on diversity --[/color]

DEUTSCH: Here you go again.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: No, it's true. I give all of these speeches at megachurches across America, and the one thing that's really striking about it is how utterly, completely diverse they are, and completely unself-consciously. You walk past a mixed-race couple in New York, and it's like they have a chip on their shoulder. They're just waiting for somebody to say something, as if anybody would. And --[/color]

DEUTSCH: I don't agree with that. I don't agree with that at all. Maybe you have the chip looking at them. I see a lot of interracial couples, and I don't see any more or less chips there either way. That's erroneous.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: No. In fact, there was an entire Seinfeld episode about Elaine and her boyfriend dating because they wanted to be a mixed-race couple, so you're lying. [/color]

DEUTSCH: Oh, because of some Seinfeld episode? OK.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: But yeah, I think that's reflective of what's going on in the culture, but it is completely striking that at these huge megachurches -- the idea that, you know, the more Christian you are, the less tolerant you would be is preposterous. [/color]

DEUTSCH: That isn't what I said, but you said I should not -- we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Yeah.[/color]

DEUTSCH: Really?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track. [/color]

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey. [/color]

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Yes. [/color]

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly -- you're too educated, you can't -- you're like my friend in --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Do you know what Christianity is? We believe your religion, but you have to obey. [/color]

DEUTSCH: No, no, no, but I mean --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: We have the fast-track program. [/color]

DEUTSCH: Why don't I put you with the head of Iran? I mean, come on. You can't believe that.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: The head of Iran is not a Christian.[/color]

DEUTSCH: No, but in fact, "Let's wipe Israel" --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: I don't know if you've been paying attention. [/color]

DEUTSCH: "Let's wipe Israel off the earth." I mean, what, no Jews?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: No, we think -- we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say. [/color]

DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Yes. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners -- [/color]

DEUTSCH: In my old days, I would have argued -- when you say something absurd like that, there's no --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: What's absurd? [/color]

DEUTSCH: Jews are going to be perfected. I'm going to go off and try to perfect myself --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: Well, that's what the New Testament says.[/color]

DEUTSCH: Ann Coulter, author of If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected. I'm offended by that personally. And we'll have more Big Idea when we come back.

[...]

DEUTSCH: Welcome back to The Big Idea. During the break, Ann said she wanted to explain her last comment. So I'm going to give her a chance. So you don't think that was offensive?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: No. I'm sorry. It is not intended to be. I don't think you should take it that way, but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. We believe the Old Testament. As you know from the Old Testament, God was constantly getting fed up with humans for not being able to, you know, live up to all the laws. What Christians believe -- this is just a statement of what the New Testament is -- is that that's why Christ came and died for our sins. Christians believe the Old Testament. You don't believe our testament.[/color]

DEUTSCH: You said -- your exact words were, "Jews need to be perfected." Those are the words out of your mouth.

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: No, I'm saying that's what a Christian is.[/color]

DEUTSCH: But that's what you said -- don't you see how hateful, how anti-Semitic --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: No![/color]

DEUTSCH: How do you not see? You're an educated woman. How do you not see that?

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: That isn't hateful at all.[/color]

DEUTSCH: But that's even a scarier thought. OK --

[color="#FF00FF"]COULTER: No, no, no, no, no. I don't want you being offended by this. This is what Christians consider themselves, because our testament is the continuation of your testament. You know that. So we think Jews go to heaven. I mean, [Rev. Jerry] Falwell himself said that, but you have to follow laws. Ours is "Christ died for our sins." We consider ourselves perfected Christians. For me to say that for you to become a Christian is to become a perfected Christian is not offensive at all.[/color]

DEUTSCH: We will let the audience decide then, won't we? Ann Coulter. New book. More Big Idea straight ahead.[/quote]

I don't like to really delve deep into what coulter says, as I'm convinced she runs through this sort of schtick for shock value, much like Maher - though a fundamental difference is Maher's exile from mainstream media and, as opposed to the reception Coulter is given by those on the other side of the spectrum, viz her recurring invitations to speak at official conventions, rallies, etc.; but this is neither here nor there, a topic for another day, and I digress...

Anywho, apart from suggesting that the phenomenon of mixed-race couples is a political statement, with her reference being an episode of a comedy tv show, the most hilarious issue here is the fact that the concept of 'tolerance,' as the term is used politically, is meaningless when applied to a homogenous population. Maybe what she meant to say was that in Coulter-run America, we are very tolerant of muslims, as long as there aren't any around. I'm also amazed that she should call out these church-goers for their self-imposed tolerance because, in the year 2007, she saw black people and white people in the same church! :o Nevermind this group's steadfast hatred of homosexuals and faith-based blocking of their ability to enjoy a civil union...

So...now that we have that out of the way, I'd like to introduce the next poster...he recently starred in "Why muslims should wear armbands," and he's just back from a nationwide campaign to debunk the faith of others (the fools!) and exposing the irrationality of non-christian religions...he's living proof of Coulter-style tolerance...ladies and gentlemen..........Heeeere's Lawman!

[img]http://www.schwimmerlegal.com/jack%20heres_johnny.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='566901' date='Oct 11 2007, 12:31 AM']So...now that we have that out of the way, I'd like to introduce the next poster...he recently starred in "Why muslims should wear armbands," and he's just back from a nationwide campaign to debunk the faith of others (the fools!) and exposing the irrationality of non-christian religions...he's living proof of Coulter-style tolerance...ladies and gentlemen..........Heeeere's Lawman!

[img]http://www.schwimmerlegal.com/jack%20heres_johnny.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Elflocko' post='566907' date='Oct 11 2007, 01:20 AM']I think Coulter's still self-concious about her circumcision...[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]The best Zinger I think I ever read on here ... 4 stars [/b][/size][/font]

[center][img]http://www.rawilson.com/images/coulter.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/center]

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='566901' date='Oct 11 2007, 12:31 AM']Heeeere's Lawman!

[img]http://www.schwimmerlegal.com/jack%20heres_johnny.jpg[/img][/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I have to admit ... I am a little excited to see what CARM has to say about this ... sure I could type in the site name myself ... but that would ruin all the fun ^_^

I am sure our trusty Lawman has the new Southwest "ding" that rings on his desktop whenever the word "Muslim" is typed in the forum ... so I expect him shortly [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='566908' date='Oct 11 2007, 01:26 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]The best Zinger I think I ever read on here ... 4 stars [/b][/size][/font]
[center][img]http://www.rawilson.com/images/coulter.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/center][/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams_Apple"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams_Apple[/url]

[quote]The Adam's apple - more clinically known as the laryngeal prominence - is a feature of the human neck. This lump, or protrusion, is formed by the angle of the thyroid cartilage surrounding the larynx.

Sex differences

The laryngeal prominence is usually more prominent in adult men than in women or prepubescent girls or boys. Note that the growth of the larynx itself during puberty is responsible for the vocal instability in teenage boys, not the laryngeal prominence. The laryngeal prominence is merely the protrusion one sees of the thyroid cartilage making up the body of the larynx. Some suggest that the reason for the laryngeal prominence usually being more prominent in males is that the two laminae of the thyroid cartilage that form the protrusion meet at an angle of 90° in males but that angle is usually 120° in females. This theory, however, seems more like conjecture when the fact is taken into consideration that with most women with a large laryngeal prominence appear no different from those seen on men.

A prominent laryngeal prominence is commonly considered a male secondary sex characteristic though this is more of a perception than anything pointing to scientific fact since not all males have large laryngeal prominence and there are quite a few women who do.

Surgery
The laryngeal prominence can be more prominent than desired, and this is sometimes remedied by a chondrolaryngoplasty (thyroid chondroplasty), a type of plastic surgery to reduce the size of the laryngeal prominence. This surgery is not without risk as it can adversely affect the voice and cause permanent damage as well as leaving a visible scar. [b]This surgery can be part of sex reassignment therapy for male-to-female transgender or transsexual people (transwomen).[/b][/quote]

[quote]I don't like to really delve deep into what coulter says[/quote]

[i]Yes, it is difficult to dwelve into something you cannot comprehend.[/i]

[quote]Anywho, apart from suggesting that the phenomenon of mixed-race couples is a political statement.[/quote]

[i]There is nothing wrong with mixed-race couples in christianity.[/i]

[quote][b]Maybe[/b] what she meant to say was that in Coulter-run America, we are very tolerant of muslims, as long as there aren't any around.[/quote]

[i]Ask her, instead of attempting to speak for her.[/i]

[quote]I'm also amazed that she should call out these church-goers for their self-imposed tolerance because, in the year 2007, she saw black people and white people in the same church! :o Nevermind this group's steadfast hatred of homosexuals and faith-based blocking of their ability to enjoy a civil union...[/quote]

[i]The first statement was answered above. Now to address your LIE! Christians DO NOT HATE Homosexuals. They despise the acts of homosexuals; which is contrary to God's laws.
As are murders and hetrosexual adultyer's, etc.. Hating someone is also contrary to what Jesus said.

Please DO NOT give me the "GOD HATES FAGS" posters; your ignorance on the subject would be more prevalent. [/i]

[quote]...he recently starred in "Why muslims should wear armbands," and he's just back from a nationwide campaign to debunk the faith of others (the fools!) and [b]exposing the irrationality of non-christian religions...[/b]he's living proof of Coulter-style tolerance...ladies and gentlemen..........Heeeere's Lawman![/quote]

[i]Now, I would not try and defend Coulter; she has said some things in the past which I totally disagree with. You need to undersand her schtick.[/i]

[color="#8B0000"]Disclaimer: Edited[/color]

[b][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness"]Political Correctness[/url][/b] [i]From Wiki:[/i]

The term "political correctness" is derived from [b]Marxist-Leninist [/b]vocabulary, and was used to describe the appropriate "party line", commonly referred to as the "correct line" Those people [u]who opposed (or were seen as opposing) the "correct line" were often punished[/u].

In the 1990s, the term became part of a conservative challenge to curriculum and teaching methods on college campuses in the United States (D'Souza 1991; Berman 1992; Schultz 1993; Messer Davidow 1993, 1994; Scatamburlo 1998). In a commencement address at the University of Michigan in 1991, U.S. President George H. W. Bush spoke out against a "movement" who would "[b]declare certain topics off-limits, certain expressions off-limits, even certain gestures off-limits."[/b]

[b]General[/b]

Critics argue that [b]political correctness implies censorship [/b]and endangers free speech by limiting what is in the public discourse, especially in universities and political forums. University of Pennsylvania professor Alan Charles Kors and lawyer Harvey A. Silverglate, connect political correctness to the ideas of Marxist Herbert Marcuse, in particular his claim that [b]liberal ideas of free speech were in fact repressive[/b]. They see this "Marcusean logic" as being at [u]the basis of the hundreds of college speech codes formulated on American university campuses.[/u]

[i]Doc, Drum Roll please........[/i]

[color="#000000"]Some argue that political correctness creates a list of acceptable and unacceptable words and phrases that can be manipulated depending on circumstance; these people also argue that [u]it creates an environment where people are made to feel that they are being prejudicial for simply questioning ideologies[/u][/color]

[quote name='Jason' post='566998' date='Oct 11 2007, 09:47 AM']I have a friend who is a Messianic Jew (a Jewish person who came to accept Jesus as the Messiah). They do consider themselves "Completed Jews" or "Perfected Jews" so what Ann is saying is not outrageous at all.[/quote]

Messianic Jews are considered christians by the jewish community and the state of israel does not recognize it as judaism.

They are like transformers, christians in disguise!

One of my best friends is a perfect Jew, he attends synagogue weekly, had a Bar Mitsvah, owns at least two draedels, and can spell mennorah if you spot him an "n". That's what he tells me anyway.

I'm a perfect asshole, at least that's what my wife says.

Ann Coulter is a bigoted bitch, a joke, and an embarrassment to America.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='567035' date='Oct 11 2007, 03:43 PM']One of my best friends is a perfect Jew, he attends synagogue weekly, had a Bar Mitsvah, owns at least two draedels, and can spell mennorah if you spot him an "n". That's what he tells me anyway.

I'm a perfect asshole, at least that's what my wife says.

[b]Ann Coulter is a bigoted bitch, a joke, and an embarrassment to America.[/b][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='Lawman' post='566996' date='Oct 11 2007, 09:43 AM'][i]Yes, it is difficult to dwelve into something you cannot comprehend.[/i][/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I wonder if 'Lawman' is yiddish for "hapless schmuck" [/b][/size][/font] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[size=4][u][quote][b]Ann Coulter Walks Off the Cliff, as Followers Tumble After[/b]
October 11, 2007
Robert J. Elisberg[/u][/size]

[b]Archaeologists today completed a major dig into Ann Coulter, hoping to discover the location of her soul. They returned without finding anything.[/b] :lol:

"We thought for sure we'd at least find a crumb of a soul," said Dr. Philip Vanderly, leader of the expedition, "even if just in a lower extremity, but there was nothing. It was cavernous inside there. Just one big empty space."

Yes, Ann Coulter has stepped into it big time. Hold on, it's worth the wait.

I've done my best to avoid writing about Ms. Coulter, since it's obvious to even the most obtuse rock she just likes the attention. And it's equally clear that all she wants to do is get a "reaction." Hint: it's easy to get a reaction. Spit in someone's face, you'll get a reaction. Throw a temper tantrum at bedtime, you'll get a reaction. Easy. A child can do it. They usually do. Adults tend to know better.

But sometimes, in that sad effort to get attention, people reach a level that's actually worth mentioning - not because it shows them in a bad light, but because it puts their supporters and defenders in a bad light.

And that's the level Ms. Coulter reached Monday night, appearing on "The Big Idea," hosted by Donny Deutsch.

Mere quotes don't do it justice. The whole, sad transcript must be read. Unfortunately, it's near-impossible to make it through.

For everyone else, highlights will have to do. Buckle your seatbelts.

After the subject of being Christian has been broached, Deutsch asks his guest to clarify. "So, we should all be Christian?" he inquires. "It would be better if we would all be Christian?"

Are you ready for her answer?

COULTER: Yes.

DEUTSCH: We should all be Christian?

The stunning thing is that this isn't even the bad part. It gets worse. (And this doesn't even counts when [b]Ms. Coulter tries to be a know-it-all and tweak Deutsch by snarking, "Well, you could be a practicing Jew, but you're not," and he answers, "I actually am.") [/b]

No, she's just warming up. [b]Later, the host tries to get a focus on what he can't quite believe his guest has been saying, [size=3]seeming to think his show has entered a worm hole and come out in another time, like, perhaps the Spanish Inquisition. Or hell. [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [/size]

DEUTSCH: "...you said I should not -- we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or - "

COULTER: Yeah.

COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.

COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

Here's the thing - this isn't even the bad part. That's how bad it is. In fairness, there's a bit of insane comic relief, to give audiences a breather. It comes when she makes a point about mixed couples, which Deutsch refutes. And then, on national television, Ann Coulter actually and bizarrely says the following as her rebuttal. As her...defense.

COULTER: No. In fact, there was an entire Seinfeld episode about Elaine and her boyfriend dating because they wanted to be a mixed-race couple, so you're lying.

Yes, you read that right. She actually said that. Her "proof" was a work of fiction. From a sitcom. Try that in a court of law, and you'll be laughed off the bench. Try it in the schoolyard, you'll get laughed off the seesaw.

(The topper, of course, was the "...so you're lying.")

Years back, Vice-President Dan Quayle solidified himself as an object of ridicule by chastising the fictional TV character 'Murphy Brown' for having a child out of wedlock. But even he didn't offer that as proof. It's possible that Ann Coulter just one-upped him. [size=3][b]If only Donny Deutsch had responded, "But you're forgetting about that episode on 'Star Trek' when Captain Kirk dates a Kardassian."[/b][/size] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Anyway, so much for the frivolity. Back to the part where the bad finally gets worse. You see, Ann Coulter thinks she's being a provocateur when she communicates, but the sad truth is that all's she's doing is showing herself void. And so, she says -

COULTER: No, we think -- we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.

DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?

Wow, indeed. Talk about being pithy. But later, after a commercial break, the ever-decent Deutsch gives his guest a chance to explain herself. Ludicrously, she tries to deny that she said what she actually said - and which is on tape - and Deutsch admirably gets her back on track.

DEUTSCH: You said - your exact words were, "Jews need to be perfected." Those are the words out of your mouth.

COULTER: No, I'm saying that's what a Christian is.

DEUTSCH: But that's what you said -- don't you see how hateful, how anti-Semitic -

COULTER: No!

DEUTSCH: How do you not see? You're an educated woman. How do you not see that?

COULTER: That isn't hateful at all.

DEUTSCH: But that's even a scarier thought.

And so it is.

Now, no doubt there is a directionless cadre of people reading this thinking, "But, no, that isn't hateful at all. And she's right. We should all be Christians. Jews should be perfected."

And that's the scary thought, too.

Because ultimately this really isn't about Ann Coulter being needy for attention and showing herself to be divisive or hatemongering. Again. That's on the record. No, this is about people who actually agree with everything she said - and think there's nothing hateful, anti-Semitic or wrong with it.

(NOTE: Just because you don't know you're being hateful and anti-Semitic, doesn't mean you're not. It's like an ostrich sticking its head in its butt and thinking it's safe, as a caravan of steamrollers rumbles towards it.)

This isn't about Ann Coulter. Ann Coulter by herself is meaningless. A lone voice braying against the moon. The world has long had such people, wandering through the village, howling and tolerated for their eccentricities, but then passed by. Shakespeare had his eloquence: "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." It's only the people who stop to listen and give the ramblings an ear who can carry the virus, and not just to others, but harming themselves, as well. Because in the end, if this is how you associate yourself without disapproval, if you accept such things, if this is what you close a blind eye to, it doesn't disappear unnoticed, and you can't yourself help but be tarnished.

At some point, however, the core decency inside people will win out, and at least the better spirits of some will drift away from the worst.

All that lingers is the image sitting in a chair of a shell from which words out of step with the human soul drip, graspingly. To Donny Deutsch's credit, he didn't steer away from criticism, closing out one segment of his show bluntly -

"Ann Coulter, author of If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected. I'm offended by that personally. And we'll have more Big Idea when we come back."

But the question remains - to everyone but those who somehow support such things that Ann Coulter gibbers - why in the world do people of good will keep putting her on the air?? Why keep giving her a platform, a microphone?? You know she needs the attention and will get it by saying things that offend. You know it. But was nothing learned from Chris Matthews's debacle devoting "Hardball" to this one person? You're not exposing her. She's long been exposed. You're pumping up her volume. I'm glad Donny Deutsch was blunt with her; I'm glad he said to her face how offended he was. But it's unfortunate that he gave someone the airtime to offend him - and offend any decent person - who he knew was going to do so. Such people as his guest have a right to say what they want. But no one has an obligation to give them yet another giant bullhorn.

[b]And people have a right to believe her, drinking their acid-laced Kool-Aid, thinking it will bring them peace, when all it does is rot out their insides until they've expired.[/b] But more, these very same people have every right to say out loud just how intolerant they are, as some may do here, right now, opening their mouths and, with every word, showing the world for all to see their small-minded lack of common, human decency.

But we're supposed to be better than that. Fortunately, most people are.[/quote]

[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/ann-coulter-walks-off-the_b_68032.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-eli...he_b_68032.html[/url]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='567058' date='Oct 11 2007, 11:22 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Oh ... can I be a Christianic Muslim ? ... or maybe a Buddhaistic Hindu ? please ^_^ [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

You could be a Hinduistic Buddhist!

Coulter is a whack job, but her act is getting even more tired than it used to be. It's just one inflammatory comment after another to get herself in the news....sad that people give her an outlet for it.

Oh, hello there, Lawman! Let's see what you left me:

[quote name='Lawman' post='566996' date='Oct 11 2007, 09:43 AM'][i]Yes, it is difficult to dwelve into something you cannot comprehend.[/i]

[b]Just the usual rhetoric here, par for this board's course, I suppose. Though it seems you're also implying that Coulter's message here is deep and complex; if so, do expound for us simpletons![/b]

[i]There is nothing wrong with mixed-race couples in christianity.[/i]

[b]We're in agreement - although I'm wondering if you watched the clip or read the transcript. Why? Because Coulter is the only person - on the show or in this thread - who implies anything negative about mixed-race couples. How you could read my statement and think I implied anything about mixed-race couples and christianity is anyone's guess.[/b]

[i]Ask her, instead of attempting to speak for her.[/i]

[b]What I said was implied by the conditions she proposed - namely, that her homogenous nation would be more tolerant than this country is now.[/b]

[i]The first statement was answered above. Now to address your LIE! Christians DO NOT HATE Homosexuals. They despise the acts of homosexuals; which is contrary to God's laws.
As are murders and hetrosexual adultyer's, etc.. Hating someone is also contrary to what Jesus said.

Please DO NOT give me the "GOD HATES FAGS" posters; your ignorance on the subject would be more prevalent. [/i]

[b]I won't resort to a "God Hates Fags" poster - I'll let bygones be bygones. But, I will say that my point, that Christians tend to be highly intolerant of homosexuals, stands, whether you want to say you hate them or you only hate what they do; as long as cock-blocking gays who want to settle down remains on the christian legal agenda, my opinion on this won't change.[/b]

[i]Now, I would not try and defend Coulter; she has said some things in the past which I totally disagree with. You need to undersand her schtick.[/i]

[color="#8B0000"]Disclaimer: Edited[/color]

[b][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness"]Political Correctness[/url][/b] [i]From Wiki:[/i]

The term "political correctness" is derived from [b]Marxist-Leninist [/b]vocabulary, and was used to describe the appropriate "party line", commonly referred to as the "correct line" Those people [u]who opposed (or were seen as opposing) the "correct line" were often punished[/u].

In the 1990s, the term became part of a conservative challenge to curriculum and teaching methods on college campuses in the United States (D'Souza 1991; Berman 1992; Schultz 1993; Messer Davidow 1993, 1994; Scatamburlo 1998). In a commencement address at the University of Michigan in 1991, U.S. President George H. W. Bush spoke out against a "movement" who would "[b]declare certain topics off-limits, certain expressions off-limits, even certain gestures off-limits."[/b]

[b]General[/b]

Critics argue that [b]political correctness implies censorship [/b]and endangers free speech by limiting what is in the public discourse, especially in universities and political forums. University of Pennsylvania professor Alan Charles Kors and lawyer Harvey A. Silverglate, connect political correctness to the ideas of Marxist Herbert Marcuse, in particular his claim that [b]liberal ideas of free speech were in fact repressive[/b]. They see this "Marcusean logic" as being at [u]the basis of the hundreds of college speech codes formulated on American university campuses.[/u]

[i]Doc, Drum Roll please........[/i]

[color="#000000"]Some argue that political correctness creates a list of acceptable and unacceptable words and phrases that can be manipulated depending on circumstance; these people also argue that [u]it creates an environment where people are made to feel that they are being prejudicial for simply questioning ideologies[/u][/color][/quote]

If you're saying Coulter's schtick involves saying offensive things just to intentionally be outside the pc 'limits,' then you're reiterating what I said in opening. I believe you responded to this by implying that I just didn't understand ("Yes, it is difficult to delve into something you don't understand"). What the hel....nevermind, I'll let bygones be bygones.

Also note that I am not criticizing her for being 'un-p.c.' She stated that she wasn't going to try to be politically correct, and I can deal with that. What I criticized was her absurd notion that our country, its makeup changed by her alone, would be more tolerant; I also challenged her premise of christians being 'un-selfconsciously' tolerant at present. If I wanted to express outrage over her politically incorrect statements, I would have fumed about her statement relating to perfecting jews...but I didn't.

[quote name='Ben' post='567034' date='Oct 11 2007, 10:41 AM']Messianic Jews are considered christians by the jewish community and the state of israel does not recognize it as judaism.

They are like transformers, christians in disguise![/quote]

My point is Ann was using the same language in reference to messianic jews as they use for themselves. Don't bash Ann for it if you find it offensive, bash the messianic Jews.

[quote name='Jason' post='567142' date='Oct 11 2007, 01:30 PM']My point is Ann was using the same language in reference to messianic jews as they use for themselves. Don't bash Ann for it if you find it offensive, bash the messianic Jews.[/quote]

Searching google i had a lot of trouble finding anyone else using that wording....

Ann basically said she is tolerant of other religions as long as they do not exist.

Oh yeah and apparently its a big deal that she doesnt puke when she sees a mixed race couple any more and mixed race is a huge issue because of the documentary called "seinfeld".

I really do not understand why people defend her....

Archived