Leslie Frazier (and Emmitt Thomas)

On CBS, they have mentioned Leslie Frazier as a candidate for the Falcons Head Coaching job.

Frazier has done alright with his Minnesota D, hasn't he Marvin. He did okay on Tony Dungy's staff, right Marvin ? I'd love to see Marv answer Q's about Frazier's success since leaving Cinci (of course, Marv would never answer).

Also, should Atlanta's new HC bring in his own staff, Emmitt Thomas might FINALLY be available for Marv to hire as DC.

Would this be a good thing ? I know anyone is better than Chuck, but how good would ET be ? Atl's D was alright last year, I believe.

[quote name='CanadianBengal' post='610217' date='Dec 16 2007, 12:25 PM']On CBS, they have mentioned Leslie Frazier as a candidate for the Falcons Head Coaching job.

Frazier has done alright with his Minnesota D, hasn't he Marvin. He did okay on Tony Dungy's staff, right Marvin ? I'd love to see Marv answer Q's about Frazier's success since leaving Cinci (of course, Marv would never answer).

Also, should Atlanta's new HC bring in his own staff, Emmitt Thomas might FINALLY be available for Marv to hire as DC.

Would this be a good thing ? I know anyone is better than Chuck, but how good would ET be ? Atl's D was alright last year, I believe.[/quote]

i was unaware frazier was coaching a buncha backups and replacement players.... man he has done great job with the exact same scenario.

OH thats right, under chuck we led the entire league in forced turnovers with a remotely healthy defense.

what a belligerent post.

are you even remotely saying leslie frazier is some how good?

[quote name='CanadianBengal' post='610217' date='Dec 16 2007, 12:25 PM']On CBS, they have mentioned Leslie Frazier as a candidate for the Falcons Head Coaching job.

Would this be a good thing ? I know anyone is better than Chuck, but how good would ET be ? Atl's D was alright last year, I believe.[/quote]

You comments make no sense -------------

Frazier and Marvin did not make sense style wise. The only mistake was Marvin hired him to begin with. That is no knock on Frazier. That would be like Marvin hiring LeBeau but not switching to the 3-4. LeBeau is a great defensive coach but it would not make sense unless Marvin wanted to switch.

Thus far Bresh has had as many defenses in the SB as Frazier.

[quote name='cwing' post='610453' date='Dec 16 2007, 08:45 PM']You comments make no sense -------------

Frazier and Marvin did not make sense style wise. The only mistake was Marvin hired him to begin with. That is no knock on Frazier. That would be like Marvin hiring LeBeau but not switching to the 3-4. LeBeau is a great defensive coach but it would not make sense unless Marvin wanted to switch.

[b]Thus far Bresh has had as many defenses in the SB as Frazier.[/b][/quote]

Bresh was the D coordinator for the Raiders the last time they were in the SB, if memory serves....

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610221' date='Dec 16 2007, 12:29 PM']OH thats right, under chuck we led the entire league in forced turnovers with a remotely healthy defense.

what a belligerent post.

are you even remotely saying leslie frazier is some how good?[/quote]

Okay, perhaps Leslie Frazier isn't so great. Maybe he's average as a DC. And the point about him being the wrong style for Marv is point taken. BUT, Leslie had a better performing D his 2 seasons than Chuck ever had, with a bunch of over-the-hill Hardy type vets, and green players.

But your Chuck defending lacks credibility...

"i was unaware frazier was coaching a buncha backups and replacement players.... man he has done great job with the exact same scenario."

Take a look at the [b]Buffalo Bills[/b] this year. Their DC has taken an injury-riddled defense whose top players bolted as FA before the season and gotten maximum effort and mileage out of them. The Bills D has little more talent than the Bengals D.

If Chuck was a good DC, he would have his defenses ranked around 17-20th every year. The Bills got a solid defense mainly because of coaching and effort. Why can't we ?

Conclusion: Leslie Frazier maybe isn't so great, but there is NO evidence that Chuck isn't terrible, and is good as Leslie.

Hopefully, we'll hire someone good this time around.

[quote name='CanadianBengal' post='610587' date='Dec 17 2007, 07:38 AM']Take a look at the [b]Buffalo Bills[/b] this year. Their DC has taken an injury-riddled defense whose top players bolted as FA before the season and gotten maximum effort and mileage out of them. The Bills D has little more talent than the Bengals D.[/quote]

Why is it when I see the Bengals injuries mentioned,
I keep seeing the Bills mentioned ?

The Bills have the 30th ranked Defense in the NFL.
(Worse than the Bengals.)
The Bills have 7 wins, 4 of those wins came against
the Jets and Dolphins. The other 3 came against
the Ravens, Redskins (a fuck up by Joe Gibbs)
and the Bengals.

They have been outscored 181-58 by the
Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags.
And 24 of those 58 points came in one
game (against the Cowboys).

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='610652' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:32 AM']you need to stop making posts that suck.[/quote]
[b]All I know is one thing ..We had better draft some defensive linemen and linebackers in this draft. We have not had a good defense in over 30 years. And yes our offensive line needs some improvement also. I do not know if I trust Levi. What do ytou guys think of his play and does anyone think he'll return to his 2005 form?[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='610655' date='Dec 17 2007, 10:37 AM'][b]All I know is one thing ..We had better draft some defensive linemen and linebackers in this draft. We have not had a good defense in over 30 years. And yes our offensive line needs some improvement also. I do not know if I trust Levi. What do ytou guys think of his play and does anyone think he'll return to his 2005 form?[/b][/quote]

I think he's played pretty well, actually... other than the game when Jared Allen totally torched his a--. But even when Levi has been healthier/better, Allen played him well. Aaron Schobel, too. Both guys have given him trouble. I remember a game vs. the Giants several years ago (when Kit played QB, in 2004, after Palmer got hurt) when Reggie Torbor beat him a few times. So, he's not perfect.

All of that said, I'm hopeful that an off-season to train and work out again will bring him back in 2008 in top form. I still think his knee is shaky, and it may be an ongoing issue for him that needs to be managed from a practice standpoint... kinda like Willie. But he seems to be able to play on it.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='610582' date='Dec 17 2007, 08:10 AM']You people make me laugh. How in the FUCK can you defend Bresh??? I am so sick of the INJURY excuse. Is it ever going to get old?[/quote]

how is it getting old? we still have the injuries?

if the team moves to LA, are you going to say "HOW THE FUCK can you defend the empty stadium, im SICK of "there is no team here anymore excuse!, doesnt that get old!!!!"

how does that make sense to even you?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='610598' date='Dec 17 2007, 09:30 AM']Go and Jamie, you guys for change need to quit making excuses for our sorry ass team! and thats D,O, and Special teams![/quote]

Was this a thread about the bengals? Sorry bro, but Fraizer got a very good defense given to him and that makes a difference, thats all im saying.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='610598' date='Dec 17 2007, 09:30 AM']Go and Jamie, you guys for change need to quit making excuses for our sorry ass team! and thats D,O, and Special teams![/quote]

if you want to blindly cry about fictional situations and ignore the reality of the team and its situation thats fine, if you want to say "fire em allll!!!111111" and it makes you feel better for some reason, you have a place to do that, and just think, you can ban anyone who doesnt want to slit their wrists, youve got SUPERMOD powers. but how can you possibly complain that people have an open mind to what the problems actually are and how to fix them, dont get mad at me because i dont want to slit my wrists and burn down pbs over a shitty season.

its football, and its something i actually enjoy, aside from the win loss column there is...

a salary cap
a roster with ir pup and practice squad players
a draft with picks, compensatory picks, and traded picks.
guys who need cut, young developing players,
and of course the fun to talk to other fans who have different perspectives. which actually engages conversation. not just one person responding to themselves over and over, or 8 people saying "yea fuck those motherfucks!!1111" right before the 8th round of mushy cookie.

there are plenty of people here pissed and frustrated, and some have valid points. "they all fucking suck" isnt much of a conversation peice. and makes for a pretty dull FORUM of discussion.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='610609' date='Dec 17 2007, 09:53 AM']Why is it when I see the Bengals injuries mentioned,
I keep seeing the Bills mentioned ?

The Bills have the 30th ranked Defense in the NFL.
(Worse than the Bengals.)
The Bills have 7 wins, 4 of those wins came against
the Jets and Dolphins. The other 3 came against
the Ravens, Redskins (a fuck up by Joe Gibbs)
and the Bengals.

They have been outscored 181-58 by the
Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags.
And 24 of those 58 points came in one
game (against the Cowboys).[/quote]

The few times I saw their defense this year, they looked good. I had no idea their defense was ranked 30th.

Touche.

Archived