!!! Official Bengals at Dolphins Gameday thread !!!

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='615901' date='Dec 30 2007, 05:13 PM']teams ahead of us for sure:
atlanta, SF, STL, NYJ, Balti, Miami, Oakland, KC

teams tied with us:
chicago, carolina, detroit, buffalo

teams who can still tie us:
arizona with a loss, denver with a win

so best case scenario (without looking up tie breakers) we can be the 9th pick and worst case scenario we can be the 15th pick (really 13th at worst cuz buffalo and zona beat us).[/quote]

appreciate the explanation jay.

[quote name='bubba' post='616008' date='Dec 30 2007, 07:29 PM']I think its good mojo going into the offseason with a win. 2 in a row 3 out of four, the D played ok the second half of the year. Come on 2008[/quote]

Thats whats called "The Dead Cat Bounce".

Welcome to year 18 of the Mike Brown era. Next year is ALWAYS better, because we always gain momentum going into the offseason.
The more things stay the same, the more things stay the same.

[quote name='big_dish' post='616013' date='Dec 30 2007, 07:40 PM']Thats whats called "The Dead Cat Bounce".

Welcome to year 18 of the Mike Brown era. Next year is ALWAYS better, because we always gain momentum going into the offseason.
The more things stay the same, the more things stay the same.[/quote]

There really isnt a huge drop off from talent with any of the top 10 guys, so a win is good for the psyche but doesnt hurt us in terms of getting good draft talent.

[quote name='big_dish' post='616013' date='Dec 30 2007, 07:40 PM']Thats whats called "The Dead Cat Bounce".

oh fuck off. No where did he say anything about keeping things the same. But you can keep on believing that there is no talent on this team and we are fucked for centuries to come.

[quote]Thats whats called "The Dead Cat Bounce".

Did we gain momentum going into last offseason ? I don't think so.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='616025' date='Dec 30 2007, 07:54 PM']There really isnt a huge drop off from talent with any of the top 10 guys, so a win is good for the psyche but doesnt hurt us in terms of getting good draft talent.[/quote]

I agree, I wasnt referring to the draft, I was referring to Mike Browns uncanny ability to have worthless football teams, with a few individual players who are very good, have shitty seasons, then win a few games at the end of the year to get the fans all excited about next year, only to inevitably do it all over again when "next year" comes.

To never acquire proven talent in FA, but to depend on the draft every year to make this team better.
To make naive fans think, year in and year out, that things are on the upswing because a gang of individuals accidently win like a team at the end of the year, and for some reason all previous ineptitudes are forgotten.

I havent forgotten that most of my life as a fan has been rooting for shitty teams. Until we make the playoffs several years in a row, the playoffs in 2005 were an exception, and not the rule.

For many people who have decided that Mike Browns system works because we accidentally made the playoffs in 2005, and think that there are great things on the horizon for this team because this shitty team won a few games to end the season, all you (fans- not you specifically) have bought into are Mike Browns ploy-offs.

All I was saying in referencing the dead cat bounce, is that Im not falling for it anymore, unless I see significant changes in coaching, personell, and even more important, in personell acquisition. Quality FA's, and a good draft strategy. THen I will be excited about next year.

Winning a couple meaningless games when the season is lost doesnt do shit for me. Im glad they won, but it gives me ZERO hope for next year. Hope for next year and being a Bengals fan for 29 years dont exactly go hand in hand after all this time.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='616049' date='Dec 30 2007, 08:13 PM']oh fuck off. No where did he say anything about keeping things the same. But you can keep on believing that there is no talent on this team and we are fucked for centuries to come.[/quote]

SEE ABOVE..

and...
There is some individual talent on this team, but there has been individual talent on every Bengals team.

The system and model Mike Brown has in place is what is flawed. So yeah, until he is gone, or he makes changes to his philosophy, this team is fucked.

So you fuck off, I know you just got on the bandwagon a few years ago, and have a lot to learn, but this is the worst run team in football. Has been for 18 years.

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='616054' date='Dec 30 2007, 08:17 PM']Did we gain momentum going into last offseason ? I don't think so.[/quote]

I dont know if you realize, or if I am not reading your post right, but I was kidding. I meant that fans perceive this team to gain momentum by winning a few games at the end of a losing season, and falsely believing that that goves them momentum, when in fact, the Bengals fall flat on their faces every single year save 2005.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='615931' date='Dec 30 2007, 04:52 PM']awww is that your name? Hi jay. It rhymes appropriately to. :)[/quote]

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='615932' date='Dec 30 2007, 04:54 PM']What's that Jay? :P[/quote]

[quote name='Cricket' post='615959' date='Dec 30 2007, 05:42 PM']What's wrong with the name Jay? :huh: :angry:[/quote]

my name is jason and i fuckin hate being called jay. my name is not jacob or jay, its jason. i prefer to be called my nicknames, but i can tolerate jason, not jay.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='616388' date='Dec 31 2007, 04:44 PM']my name is jason and i fuckin hate being called jay. my name is not jacob or jay, its jason. i prefer to be called my nicknames, but i can tolerate jason, not jay.[/quote]

Yeah, you probably shouldn't have said that. You've now given anyone that wants to fuck with you fuel for the fire.
MULLY
you kids never learn....../me smacks forehead

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='616404' date='Dec 31 2007, 04:27 AM']Yeah, you probably shouldn't have said that. You've now given anyone that wants to fuck with you fuel for the fire.
MULLY
you kids never learn....../me smacks forehead[/quote]
i dont care what a jackass says. just the people i actually give a fuck about. they wont call me jay normally, just at times to fuck with me. as for the others that do so to be fags, fuck em.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='616405' date='Dec 31 2007, 04:29 AM']i dont care what a jackass says. just the people i actually give a fuck about. they wont call me jay normally, just at times to fuck with me. as for the others that do so to be fags, fuck em.[/quote]
STFU Gay Jay

^_^

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='616405' date='Dec 31 2007, 04:29 AM']i dont care what a jackass says. just the people i actually give a fuck about. they wont call me jay normally, just at times to fuck with me. as for the others that do so to be fags, fuck em.[/quote]

Jay, why you hatin'

Archived