Kriegel flats out DESTROYS Chad

[b][url="http://www.whodeyfans.com/2009/08/another-media-dbag.html"][size="5"]Another Media DBag[/size][/url][/b]

[b]Tuesday, August 4, 2009[/b]
Today I read [url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9888346/On-the-Mark:-Please,-not-more-Ocho"][color="#000000"]article by Mark Kriegel[/color][/url] about Chad Ochocinco. Mark from the looks of his picture is one of those guys who feels much pride in using his words to pick fights with people he would never actually encounter in real life. (aka a puss)

Mark must be desperate for some web traffic because he relentlessly attacks Chad calling him a loser and attacking everything he has been doing lately. My guess is he chose Chad because he knows Chad will respond and boom, instant Internet celebrity. My question would be if it is so lame that Chad is doing the web videos, isn't it more lame for you to tune in?

I also can get my fill of Chad Ochocinco but I have never been so outraged by a random tweet that I dedicate a whole page and a bunch of time to letting the world know how much cooler I am then him because I think what he is doing is dumb.

This is just another example of a journalist needing a story and some web hits so they attack the Bengals with tired story lines. C'mon Mark, where is the arrest references or the B-u-n-g-l-e-s reference?

[url="http://www.whodeyfans.com/2009/08/another-media-dbag.html"]http://www.whodeyfans.com/2009/08/another-media-dbag.html[/url]

So, let me get this straight... this guy writes for the New York Post... so - instead of writing about the fact that Plax Burress (from a New York team) is indicted on weapons charges and Antonio Pierce (from a New York team) wasn't indicted on similar charges (because he called the Giants team about the Burress incident and didn't call the police, but the grand jury said he "did was he was supposed to do" what???) he's are going to have a pissing match with Chad...

classy.

asshat.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='05 August 2009 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1249479452' post='788318']
So, let me get this straight... this guy writes for the New York Post... so - instead of writing about the fact that Plax Burress (from a New York team) is indicted on weapons charges and Antonio Pierce (from a New York team) wasn't indicted on similar charges (because he called the Giants team about the Burress incident and didn't call the police, but the grand jury said he "did was he was supposed to do" what???) he's are going to have a pissing match with Chad...

classy.

asshat.
[/quote]

he doesn't even work for the New York Post. He's a fantasy football writer for yahoo sports. He's a nobody.

As if the "article" wasn't enough, the asshat just posted a video too . . .

[url="javascript:msnvDwd("][color="#05458f"]On the Mark: Playing the clown [/color][/url]
[size="1"][color="#8a8a8a"]08/5/2009, 3:42 min
[/color][/size]FOXSports.com's Mark Kriegel continues a war of words with Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad

[url="http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=0aa83023-badf-4d7b-b377-609e2a3edc02&playlist=&editor=&from=FOXSPORTS&fg=/nfl/team/cincinnati-bengals&rf=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/cincinnati-bengals"]http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=0aa83023-badf-4d7b-b377-609e2a3edc02&playlist=&editor=&from=FOXSPORTS&fg=/nfl/team/cincinnati-bengals&rf=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/cincinnati-bengals[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='05 August 2009 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1249480005' post='788322']
he doesn't even work for the New York Post. He's a fantasy football writer for yahoo sports. He's a nobody.
[/quote]

That is my fault then... I watched the video and he talks about himself being a sports writer and a copy of the New York Post displays on the background behind him... implying he writes for them.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='05 August 2009 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1249482976' post='788335']
Chad sends his thanks for all the publicity Kriegel is giving him.

BTW any of you ever heard of Kreigel before he started picking on Chad?
[/quote]

Nope. And, exactly.

I'm no Chad fan, but this guy is a douchenozzle.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='05 August 2009 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1249480005' post='788322']
he doesn't even work for the New York Post. He's a fantasy football writer for yahoo sports. [b]He's a nobody.[/b]
[/quote]

He works for Yahoo Sports, he's more of a person than you'll ever be.

Chad is a clown, his production against the AFC North is well, there is no production. He talks a big game like he's a great receiver, he quit on the team last season, he keep whining about wanting out and everything. When this guy shows up against Baltimore or Pittsburgh, hell even CLEVELAND on a consistent basis he can talk all he wants about being a good receiver, but that isn't going to happen so he should just shut his mouth.

[quote name='BengalBrandon' date='05 August 2009 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1249484924' post='788342']
He works for Yahoo Sports, he's more of a person than you'll ever be.[/quote]

How can he be more of a person? Because of who signs his paychecks?

[quote]Chad is a clown, his production against the AFC North is well, there is no production. He talks a big game like he's a great receiver, he quit on the team last season, he keep whining about wanting out and everything. When this guy shows up against Baltimore or Pittsburgh, hell even CLEVELAND on a consistent basis he can talk all he wants about being a good receiver, but that isn't going to happen so he should just shut his mouth.[/quote]

Chad led the AFC in recieving yards 4 years in a row, and went to 5 straight Pro Bowls,
prior to last season. Chad also has the Bengals record for yards in a season, which
he set and broke again. So I would say he is a great reciever. And so does his resume.

Anyway, from 2003-2007 (I didn't count 2001, 2002 and 2008 because the team
had bad records overall) Chad's team went 17-13 against the Division.

They had a 7-3 record against the Browns, a 7-3 record against the Ravens
and a 3-7 record against the Stealers.

So while Chad might not have lit up the stat sheets, his team won more than they lost.
Isn't that what it is all about? Or is it about his own stats?

I have no problem at all with the Chad we have seen this offseason.
And for someone to hate on him over his stats against division opponents,
while his team was winning, is just pure hate.

[quote name='BengalBrandon' date='05 August 2009 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1249484924' post='788342']

Chad is a clown, his production against the AFC North is well, there is no production. He talks a big game like he's a great receiver, he quit on the team last season, he keep whining about wanting out and everything. When this guy shows up against Baltimore or Pittsburgh, hell even CLEVELAND on a consistent basis he can talk all he wants about being a good receiver, but that isn't going to happen so he should just shut his mouth.
[/quote]

Actually, I think you should shut your mouth. I am far from a Chad fanatic, but Chad has been an excellent receiver for us. He is the ONLY player in league history, to lead his Conference in receiving 4 straight years. Not Rice, not Moss, not Harrison. CHAD!! Why does he not perform as well in the AFCN? Because EVERY team goes out of their way to shut him down. He is normally double teamed and sometimes Triple teamed when he plays in division, and moste people that understand football know that. As for the Clown, I think you and Kreigel both need to put on your big shoes, because it is quite evident that football is not something either of you have more than a passing aquaintance with. In fact, If football knowledge was underwear you would both be BARE-ASSED!

[quote name='BengalBrandon' date='05 August 2009 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1249484924' post='788342']

[/quote]

lol @ yahoo sports being somebody...

average pay at best and little to no actually game access or perks of any kind...

superstar!

[quote name='BengalBrandon' date='05 August 2009 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1249484924' post='788342']

[/quote]

How do you know what I do for a living? And since when is writing about football stats for Yahoo Sports the crown jewel of journalism?

[quote name='kennethmw' date='05 August 2009 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1249493507' post='788374']
Actually, I think you should shut your mouth. I am far from a Chad fanatic, but Chad has been an excellent receiver for us. He is the ONLY player in league history, to lead his Conference in receiving 4 straight years. Not Rice, not Moss, not Harrison. CHAD!! Why does he not perform as well in the AFCN? Because EVERY team goes out of their way to shut him down. He is normally double teamed and sometimes Triple teamed when he plays in division, and moste people that understand football know that. As for the Clown, I think you and Kreigel both need to put on your big shoes, because it is quite evident that football is not something either of you have more than a passing aquaintance with. In fact, If football knowledge was underwear you would both be BARE-ASSED!
[/quote]

+1

Most times against the Steelers Chad is double teamed and tripled teamed. Someone else should be open and they are not. Somehow this is Chad fault? The other players have to do their jobs and get open and take the double and triple teams away from Chad for him to be able to put up numbers in fantasy football. It's not Chad's fault the TE,RB and 3rd receivers are not doing their jobs. Upgrade those positions and watched Chad's numbers improve (excluding last year when Chad sucked).

Well I would like to see a complete list of the WRs who have gone for over 100 yds against the Steelers and Ravens the last few years. I'll bet there aren't that many WRs putting up big numbers against those defenses. Overall I'd say Chad has had as many big games against top teams as any other WR in the league.

Here is how Chad has performed in some big games over his career. All of these teams either went to the playoffs or won at least 10 games

'07
10-6.....Clev..........11-209-2
10-6.....Seattle...... 9-138-0
10-6.....Tenn.........12-103-3
10-6.....Pitt........... 6- 86- 0

'06
14-2.....SD............11-209-2
10-6.....NO............ 6-190-3
13-3.....Balt........... 8- 91-0

'05
9-7.......Minn.......... 7-139-1
11-5.....Chi............ 3- 77-2
11-5.....Pitt............ 4- 94-0
14-2.....Ind............. 8-189-1

'04
10-6.....NYJ........... 5- 99-1
9-7.......Balt...........18-260-2 (2 game totals)
14-2.....NE............ 5- 80-1
10-6.....Den........... 7-149-1
15-1.....Pitt............ 5- 80-1

'03
10-6.....Den........... 6- 95-1
10-6.....Balt........... 5-130-1
13-3.....KC............ 7- 74-0 (guaranteed victory)
10-6.....Sea........... 3- 84-1
12-4.....StL............ 7-115-0

'02
9-7......Clev........... 8-161-2 (2 game totals)
10-5-1..Pitt...........14-223-0 (2 game totals)
11-5.....Tenn......... 6- 86- 0
10-6.....Ind............ 6- 72- 0

So there are 28 "big games" where Chad has averaged 6.7 catches for 117.3 yds (17.6 ypc) and scored 25 tds. If you project that over a 16 game season it would work out to 107 catches for 1876 yards and 14 tds.

So bash Chad all you want, but you can't say that he doesn't show up for the big games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name='fredtoast' date='05 August 2009 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1249497632' post='788391']
Well I would like to see a complete list of the WRs who have gone for over 100 yds against the Steelers and Ravens the last few years. I'll bet there aren't that many WRs putting up big numbers against those defenses. Overall I'd say Chad has had as many big games against top teams as any other WR in the league.

Here is how Chad has performed in some big games over his career. All of these teams either went to the playoffs or won at least 10 games

'07
10-6.....Clev..........11-209-2
10-6.....Seattle...... 9-138-0
10-6.....Tenn.........12-103-3
10-6.....Pitt........... 6- 86- 0

'06
14-2.....SD............11-209-2
10-6.....NO............ 6-190-3
13-3.....Balt........... 8- 91-0

'05
9-7.......Minn.......... 7-139-1
11-5.....Chi............ 3- 77-2
11-5.....Pitt............ 4- 94-0
14-2.....Ind............. 8-189-1

'04
10-6.....NYJ........... 5- 99-1
9-7.......Balt...........18-260-2 (2 game totals)
14-2.....NE............ 5- 80-1
10-6.....Den........... 7-149-1
15-1.....Pitt............ 5- 80-1

'03
10-6.....Den........... 6- 95-1
10-6.....Balt........... 5-130-1
13-3.....KC............ 7- 74-0 (guaranteed victory)
10-6.....Sea........... 3- 84-1
12-4.....StL............ 7-115-0

'02
9-7......Clev........... 8-161-2 (2 game totals)
10-5-1..Pitt...........14-223-0 (2 game totals)
11-5.....Tenn......... 6- 86- 0
10-6.....Ind............ 6- 72- 0

So there are 28 "big games" where Chad has averaged 6.7 catches for 117.3 yds (17.6 ypc) and scored 25 tds. If you project that over a 16 game season it would work out to 107 catches for 1876 yards and 14 tds.

So bash Chad all you want, but you can't say that he doesn't show up for the big games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]

Nice job, Fred!!

[quote name='bearcat7777' date='05 August 2009 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1249496083' post='788388']
+1

Most times against the Steelers Chad is double teamed and tripled teamed. Someone else should be open and they are not. Somehow this is Chad fault? The other players have to do their jobs and get open and take the double and triple teams away from Chad for him to be able to put up numbers in fantasy football. It's not Chad's fault the TE,RB and 3rd receivers are not doing their jobs. Upgrade those positions and watched Chad's numbers improve (excluding last year when Chad sucked).
[/quote]

Actually, they often ARE open. TJ used to rip up the Ravens and Steelers partly because of the overshift on Chad.

Fact: Chad is an elite reciever in the NFL.
Fact: Unlike the other elite receivers, he plays 4 games a year against the ultra elite Ravens and Steelers.
Fact: These defenses try to stop Chad in particular. Apparently their defensive coordinators are idiots.
Fact: The other AFCN team has had a decent pass defense and a crummy run defense in recent years. So we run on them.
Fact: Chad and our real QB and our line were all hurt last year. So call that a mulligan.

Look, the man may be a flake, but to pretend he doesn't produce is a joke.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='05 August 2009 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1249494549' post='788380']
lol @ yahoo sports being somebody...

average pay at best and little to no actually game access or perks of any kind...

superstar!
[/quote]

Shut up. You have no idea what they get paid.

[quote name='scharm' date='05 August 2009 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1249514724' post='788451']
Slowly but surely Chad is being embraced again by the fanbase. Attacks from this yahoo loser will only unite the fan base.

Attack Chad means you attack the bengals
[/quote]

I don't agree. If Chad throws up some awesome early games then all we be forgotten for sure but he is still on the fence with quite a few fans.

I don't read too much into his lack of huge games in our division. As painful as it is to type, Pittspuke and The Ratbirds have had some great defenses thru the years. Championship caliber defenses. We also made it easy on their defenses by spotting them points early with our swiss cheese defense. Not too hard to cover Chad when you know the team has to throw.

[/quote]
And you will be suckin chads johnson after his first TD catch.

Archived