Maualuga, Rey FP Probable
Williams, Roy S LP Questionable
Peko, Domata FP Questionable
Johnson, Tank LP Questionable

For what it's worth...

[b]

10/2: Post-practice notes
Posted by jreedy October 2nd, 2009, 3:07 pm Read Comments(6) Recommend[/b]

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis will have all but one player available for Sunday’s game against Cleveland.

Cornerback David Jones (foot), defensive tackle Tank Johnson (foot), safety Roy Williams (forearm), defensive tackle Domata Peko (neck) and cornerback Johnathan Joseph (foot) are questionable.

Williams appeared to be wearing a light cast on his right arm in the locker room Friday, but Lewis said that it was a wrap. He bruised the forearm during practice on Wednesday.

Jones will also be available to play for the first time this season. But where he fits into the overall scheme of the secondary as the third cornerback remains to be seen.

“We’re put together a little different than last year with Leon (Hall) playing inside. The third corner will always be an evolution of how we match up,” Lewis said.

Running back Cedric Benson (knee), linebacker Abdul Hodge (knee), safety Chinedum Ndukwe (hamstring), Maualuga (knee) and offensive tackle Andre Whitworth (Achilles) are probable.

Offfensive tackle Andre Smith (foot) is out, but did do some conditioning work on the sidelines while the team was practicing inside Paul Brown Stadium.

A week of anonymity: After three days of nameless and numberless jerseys, Lewis was happy with how his team has responded during practice.

However, when pressed on why he decided to do it this week, Lewis would not give his reasons. One big reason might be the Bengals’ lack of success in handling big wins.

“It’s personal with where we are at a football team. It does no good for me to talk outside of that,” Lewis said.

Doing fine: Rey Maualuga was relieved to hear Thursday that his younger brother and other relatives on America Samoa were fine following Tuesday’s tsunami.

Rodney Maualuga, 20, was in Manu’a, America Samoa, when the tsunami struck. Mauluga also had two aunts from his father’s side and cousins that still live on the island.

“Nothing too bad happened there (in the village). It was not being able to talk to him that made it seem worse than it was,” Maualuga said. “There’s a sense of relief knowing that everyone is OK. It stinks for the other families that have lost relatives.”

While Domata Peko’s family is OK, Jonathan Fanene lost some cousins in the tsumani.

While Domata Peko’s family is OK, Jonathan Fanene lost some cousins in the tsumani. Peko was on a conference call with NFL, FEMA and Red Cross officials to voice his support for those affected.

“We all talk about family but he is doing good and taking it well,” said Peko about Fanene. “I can’t wait to play and represent for Samoa. It feels good to have a couple of teammates and keep your head on.”

[quote]Doing fine: Rey Maualuga was relieved to hear Thursday that his younger brother and other relatives on America Samoa were fine following Tuesday’s tsunami.[/quote]

AWESOME! Best news of the week.... I am sad to read about Fanene's losses though.

[quote name='mongo' date='02 October 2009 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1254513716' post='810245']
[size="4"][b][color="#008000"]Hodge, Abdul FP Probable[/color]
[color="#008000"]Benson, Cedric FP Probable[/color]
[color="#008000"]Whitworth, Andrew FP Probable[/color]
[color="#008000"]Ndukwe, Chinedum FP Probable
Maualuga, Rey FP Probable
[/color][/b][/size][size="4"][color="#ff8c00"][b]Jones, David FP Questionable[/b][/color][/size]
[size="4"][color="#ff8c00"][b]Joseph, Johnathan FP Questionable[/b][/color][/size] [size="4"][color="#ff8c00"][b]
Williams, Roy S LP Questionable
Peko, Domata FP Questionable
Johnson, Tank LP Questionable[/b][/color][/size]
[size="4"][b][color="#ff0000"]Smith, Andre T Out[/color][/b][/size]
[/quote]

looks better color coated and sorted.... no worries...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='02 October 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1254520637' post='810266']
looks better color coated and sorted.... no worries...
[/quote]

Not when you use that yellow. Jesus is that hard to read... How about orange or something darker?

I said elsewhere that the only way wee have a [i]chance[/i] of losing this game is if Joseph and one of our safeties are out and Anderson lights us up.

I am a little nervous.

What will they do if Phil Dawson can't play?

[quote name='membengal' date='02 October 2009 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1254521703' post='810279']
Reedy on with Mo Egger in the 5:00 hour and confirmed that ML was upbeat about everyone playing on Sunday other than Andre Smith. So even though the list looks imposing, they apparently will be able to suit up and go.
[/quote]

...so the injury list itself is "questionable".

[quote name='Cricket' date='02 October 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1254523163' post='810286']
[/quote]
If Bill Belicheck can list Brady as questionable every week to try to get opponents preparing for something else, then so can we. We will be at near full strength for the Browns.

[quote name='Cricket' date='02 October 2009 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1254523163' post='810286']
[/quote]

Just trying to keep the Gamblers interested in the Brown's. I mean really, that is the only reason for an injury report anyway. That was Bellicheat's point. Why should he give away key information about his team. Still the list is a bit concerning:

2 DTs (Puts Sims and Fanene starting and no much rotation) of course they could activate Frostee for the first time this year.

2 CBs Sure Jones as been there all year, but JJ with a foot again? That has to scare everyone on the board. (Got the foot on another thread)

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=50621

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='03 October 2009 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1254540390' post='810372']
The only thing that bothers me is Josephs foot. Is this same past injured foot just acting up again? Last thing we need is another lingering injury to a key defensive guy
[/quote]

I wonder what CBs might be available with the 32nd pick in the 2010 draft?

[quote name='Cricket' date='02 October 2009 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1254540526' post='810373']
I wonder what CBs might be available with the 32nd pick in the 2010 draft?
[/quote]

That seems an overreaction to JoJo's problems - a third round CB to be the regular #3 and fill in seems more appropriate. This isnt a career ender type, more the kind of thing that takes him out a few games every once in a while.

Id rather get a stud blocking TE or LB starter in such a spot. Or you can always use OL/DL help.

Archived