UPDATE: Richie Incognito signs with the Dolphins

[b][url="http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/03/15/incognito-visits/"][size="5"]Incognito visits[/size][/url][size="5"] [/size][/b]
Posted by [email="jreedy@enquirer.com"]jreedy[/email] March 15th, 2010, 5:52 pm

With talks with right guard Bobbie Williams at a standstill, the Bengals had Richie Incognito in for a visit on Monday. Incognito will also visit Miami while Indianapolis has also expressed interest. News of the visit was first reported by the National Football Post.

Incognito, who would be entering his sixth season, was drafted by the Rams in 2005 and started 44 games in St. Louis up until late last year, when he was released following an agrument with coach Steve Spagnuolo in a Week 13 loss to the Titans.

In that game he received two personal foul penalties, both for head-butting an opponent and was fined $50,000 by the NFL.

(Click the link below for the entire article)

[url="http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/03/15/incognito-visits/"]http://cincinnati.co...cognito-visits/[/url]

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='14 March 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1268607514' post='870526']
Haha yeah right.. I unfortunately have the honor of having to watch too many Rams games, which probably get aired only 2nd to The Titans here in Nashville. Incognito is a sack of shit, who constantly fucks up his team with his uncontrollable attitude problems - fighting with opponents, teammates and coaches alike. The Rams dumped his stupid ass after their game here last season because they were fed up with his horseshit - and his teammates were applauding seeing him go. There must have been an extra 45 minutes of TV time in that game just dealing with his BS..
Mawae on the other hand, even at his age is a top C, team-leader and instantly would beat out Bitchy Incognito on the depth chart..
Just a matter of money and need - and we don't need that fucknut.
[/quote]
Did Incognito run over your dog?

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' date='15 March 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1268695322' post='870750']
Whatever. I'll take Cook over Mawae all day at this point in Mawae's career. The Titans line as a whole is one of the best units in the NFL but if Mawae is so great why is he available?
[/quote]
Who in their right mind would replace a fine,young starting center with a 38-year old guy at the bitter end of his career?

His Tat would coordinate with the Bengal stripes . . . I'd sign him just for that reason alone, and like Old said maybe he's frosty becasue he's on a bad team and the Rams unis are worst in football.

I'd Redeem this troubled soul to Bengaldom with a low risk high reward contract.

[b][size="5"]Incognito visits Bengals [/size][/b]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 15, 2010 8:02 PM ET

Bengals guard [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=714"]Bobbie Williams[/url]' long-simmering deal hasn't happened, so the Bengals have started to look at other options.

Richie Incognito visited the Bengals Monday before a [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/14/tunas-thugs-and-hoodlums-tour-might-include-incognito/"]scheduled visit with the Dolphins[/url], according to NFP and the [i]Cincinnati Enquirer[/i].

The Bengals were [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/report-bobbie-williams-nearing-deal-with-bengals/"]reportedly close to re-signing Williams[/url], a long-time veteran with the team, but talks are reportedly [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/report-bobbie-williams-nearing-deal-with-bengals/"]at a standstill[/url] now. No other teams have been reported to show interest in Williams, so we still expect a deal to happen.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/15/incognito-visits-bengals/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/15/incognito-visits-bengals/[/url]

[quote name='virginiastripes' date='15 March 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1268697839' post='870761']
Did Incognito run over your dog?
[/quote]

over the years i have come to realize that 666 being from TN, loves him some titans, .....

and seeing as how richie had two personal fouls AGAINST the titans.. there is clearly no way this guy is anything but a worthless piece of trash.

and he has dumb tattoos...

so you know...

anyway... we almost signed richie last offseason.. if Paul and company think he can be kept in check and help the team... im all for it!

[quote name='StrengthOfFates' date='16 March 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1268716388' post='870823']
[b]Never heard a good thing said about this pudgy fuck.[/b] He even has the douche-bag tats to match. Wonder what tribe his ancestors were in? I'd pass.
[/quote]

following comments on guards across the league a bunch i guess?

GuardRumors.com in your favorites?

who cares what gay ass tattoos he has...

if the staff interviews him and thinks his foolish plays can be kept in check, great, if not, theyll pass, putting his silly plays aside, he is a DAMn good guard..

if staff doesnt think he can be kept in check.. we will move along.. we may have already if we didnt offer him any deal..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 March 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1268716155' post='870819']
over the years i have come to realize that 666 being from TN, loves him some titans, .....

and seeing as how richie had two personal fouls AGAINST the titans.. there is clearly no way this guy is anything but a worthless piece of trash.

and he has dumb tattoos...

so you know...

anyway... we almost signed richie last offseason.. if Paul and company think he can be kept in check and help the team... im all for it!
[/quote]

Please. Can't a guy just call a piece of shit a piece of shit? It's not like he's been kicked off of every team he's ever been on...........oh, wait....

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 March 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1268716655' post='870824']
following comments on guards across the league a bunch i guess?

GuardRumors.com in your favorites?

who cares what gay ass tattoos he has...

if the staff interviews him and thinks his foolish plays can be kept in check, great, if not, theyll pass, putting his silly plays aside, [b]he is a DAMn good guard.[/b].

if staff doesnt think he can be kept in check.. we will move along.. we may have already if we didnt offer him any deal..
[/quote]

Spend a lot of time reviewing the Rams' game film a bunch, I guess? Actually, it doesn't take much research to figure this guy out. He's a [i]notorious[/i] asshole / dirty player who has dug many-a-holes that his teams had to attempt to climb out of. I don't much care for dirty players, whether they are wearing a Steelers uni or a Bengals uni. Especially when they are constantly costing their team 15 yards.

[quote name='StrengthOfFates' date='16 March 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1268716716' post='870826']
Please. Can't a guy just call a piece of shit a piece of shit? It's not like he's been kicked off of every team he's ever been on...........oh, wait....
[/quote]

well, you do seem like an expert.

[quote name='JC' date='16 March 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1268717123' post='870830']
Give me Iupati or give me death!

Really hoping we can upgrade the line..it was hard to watch pass protection the last few weeks..
[/quote]

no doubt.

[quote name='StrengthOfFates' date='16 March 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1268717499' post='870831']
Yeah? Well...nanny nanny boo boo. What are you, 10? Are you incapable of disagreeing with someone without resorting to name calling? Fucking pathetic.
[/quote]

what? you called him a piece of shit... and im the one name calling?

you're very smart.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 March 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1268717774' post='870832']
no doubt.

what? you called him a piece of shit... and im the one name calling?

you're very smart.
[/quote]

Ahh, I see. You're not being a dick. You're Richie Incognito's knight in shining armor. Bless you sir.

Admit it! On field or off, this guy's history screams "I'm an asshole". Your right about the tattoo's though. In the end, the tats don't matter. However, you have to admit....they do speak to his overall douche-ness.

This guy cost the Rams 13 personal foul penalties and a playoff berth. You know, by reputation alone, this guy has refs just waiting for him to fuck up. Couple that with the Bengals luck with officiating.....yeah.....not good. I would rather they pay Bobbie and push (if they have to) for Lupati in round 1.

[quote name='StrengthOfFates' date='16 March 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1268718956' post='870833']
Ahh, I see. You're not being a dick. You're Richie Incognito's knight in shining armor. Bless you sir.

Admit it! On field or off, this guy's history screams "I'm an asshole". Your right about the tattoo's though. In the end, the tats don't matter. However, you have to admit....they do speak to his overall douche-ness.

This guy cost the Rams 13 personal foul penalties and a playoff berth. You know, by reputation alone, this guy has refs just waiting for him to fuck up. Couple that with the Bengals luck with officiating.....yeah.....not good. I would rather they pay Bobbie and push (if they have to) for Lupati in round 1.
[/quote]

yea, everyone has a past... larry johnson did fine here, henry got his life far better in order, benson has been phenominal, tank johnson is doing great...

but richie incognito... heavens no!!!!111

as i stated.. the staff met with him.. if they feel his foolish decisions are behind him.. his talent is pretty good... if they dont.. they wont risk it....

its a win win.. either we sign a guy ready to work and be good and make us better, or we pass and move on to the next upgrade..

we arent going to sign him unless we feel his past decision making is over with...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 March 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1268719378' post='870834']
yea, everyone has a past... larry johnson did fine here, henry got his life far better in order, benson has been phenominal, tank johnson is doing great...

but richie incognito... heavens no!!!!111

as i stated.. the staff met with him.. if they feel his foolish decisions are behind him.. his talent is pretty good... if they dont.. they wont risk it....

its a win win.. either we sign a guy ready to work and be good and make us better, or we pass and move on to the next upgrade..

we arent going to sign him unless we feel his past decision making is over with...
[/quote]

Honestly, after seeing how Tank did so well here both on and off the field, i have no doubt that some of these players can turn their lives around in only a year or two. I remember all the bad press that Tank was getting before we had signed him because all the bad blood from '05 was still pretty fresh in most of our minds. I remember waking up at least once a month, getting on the forum and reading about another stupid case of someone getting arrested.

That said, i think Marvin and his crew have a little more understanding about character issues and whether or not most players are over those humps in their lives.

As Go said, if the coaches think this guy is workable, then sign his ass up because we need some brawlers on our O-line to blow some holes open for Ced and give Carson more time than the 3rd step of his 3 step drops...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 March 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1268719378' post='870834']

[/quote]

I am beginning to like Incognito more and more.

Bobby will re-sign. No one else is showing an interest. Non issue.
Bobby will also not be here forever. Be nice to have a young Livings et all ready to step in.

But I am just starting to goof on the idea of this guy, Incognito, lining up across from the Squeeler D-line twice a year.
Be nice to see Fat Boy Hampton end his career looking like Popeye.
I would, however, not recommend a head butt against any of those chicken chokers. It you be like banging your head into
an anvil those tools are so thick.

Sign him. Upgrade.

From the Miami Herald:

[i][b]Miami Dolphins to host free-agent offensive lineman Richie Incognito
[/b]
By JEFF DARLINGTON
jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

Offensive guard Richie Incognito is scheduled to undergo a physical and a workout Tuesday at the Dolphins' training facility as the team contemplates whether to sign the free agent. But his most important test might already have taken place.

Incognito, a versatile lineman with 44 starts under his belt, planned to dine with coach Tony Sparano and assistant coach Dave DeGuglielmo on Monday evening shortly after he arrived in South Florida.

During the dinner, Incognito hoped to show both men that he can be an accountable person on the field despite a past littered with incidents. The Rams waived him last season after he got into an argument with their head coach and two personal fouls in two quarters, all during the same game.

``I've had issues on the field,'' Incognito told the Miami Herald. ``It comes down to me being accountable for my emotions on the field. It's not time to place blame anywhere else except squarely on my shoulders.

``It's something I have to take care of. That's the message I'm trying to convey. I'm willing to explore all options to help myself get to a better place.''

The guard, who has started every game he has played since being drafted by the Rams as a third-round pick in 2005, certainly has the athletic ability and versatility to make a major impact on a team that wants to continue improving at the position.

But Incognito, who was very cordial during an interview with the Herald, comes with the type of baggage that has caused teams to steer clear. Asked why his emotions have often gotten the best of him during games, Incognito said it's something he needs to change.

``There's a fine line, especially when you play offensive line,'' he said. ``You're coached to play through the whistle, and I've always been toeing that line. Always over and back. It was a real good wakeup call getting cut in St. Louis. I was really comfortable there. I'd been there my whole career.

``Getting moved out of there to Buffalo, it really made me look at the error of my ways. It was really a blessing in disguise to get cut out of St. Louis.''

If Incognito can find a way to stay on the right side of that line as it pertains to NFL rules, he would be the type of lineman Miami treasures: Tough, nasty and versatile. He has NFL starting experience at all three positions along the line.

Whether Incognito would start for the Dolphins would likely be a matter of an offseason competition. Miami likes guard Donald Thomas, but the team isn't yet sold about whether he can become the long-term starter it needs.

Justin Smiley has also played well during his tenure with the team, but his shoulder's instability also causes reason to want to build a talented corps of depth in case it becomes necessary.

[b]Should the Dolphins decide they want Incognito, who is just the third player to visit with the team, they'll still have some competition. The guard also visited with the Bengals and had a phone interview with the Colts.

``My first visit to Cincinnati went great,'' he said. ``We just talked a lot about self-accountability - things like that. Being accountable on and off the field. I really had a good feeling leaving Cincinnati.''
[/b]
After his visit with the Dolphins, he said he would weigh all of his options before making a decision.

``I want to come down here and show my athletic ability and show that I can be accountable for my emotion both on and off the field,'' he said.

[/i]

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' date='14 March 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1268610398' post='870542']
Incognito is one of the most underrated players in the league. Rarely recognized for his talents, he frequently flys under the radar while teams consistently underestimate his skills.

He's an enigma. Shrouded by a mystery. Surrounded by a conundrum.
[/quote]
And trapped in a riddle.

I don't want him, but I'm probably just jealous. Why can't my last name be Incognito? How cool would that be?

[quote name='scharm' date='16 March 2010 - 06:49 AM' timestamp='1268740171' post='870842']
Replacing Bobbie Williams with Igcognito doesn't sound like a good deal to me.
[/quote]

It doesn't sound like a good deal to this dude either.

[url="http://kegeratornation.com/?p=5890"]http://kegeratornation.com/?p=5890[/url]

He uses the "B" word too many times (once is too many) and goes on a Mike Brown rant.
So it isn't worth the bandwidth it would take to post here.

[quote name='Le Tigre' date='16 March 2010 - 06:30 AM' timestamp='1268739045' post='870840']
[i][b]Should the Dolphins decide they want Incognito, who is just the third player to visit with the team, they'll still have some competition. The guard also visited with the Bengals and had a phone interview with the Colts.

``My first visit to Cincinnati went great,'' he said. ``We just talked a lot about self-accountability - things like that. Being accountable on and off the field. I really had a good feeling leaving Cincinnati.''
[/b]
After his visit with the Dolphins, he said he would weigh all of his options before making a decision.[/i][/quote]

Hmmmmm. That last line makes it sound like the Bengals made him an offer
but he wanted to visit the Dolphins, do his phone interview with the Colts and then make a decision.

Archived