You want to know what is irritating

Why is it that nobody gives this team credit particularly on defense. How many times yesterday did they say "Boy, Joe Flacco is not playing well today," giving no credit to the Bengals defense. I have been as critical as can be when it comes to the Bengals and their loss to New England, but damn, you gotta give credit where credit is do.

[quote name='jmckbengal' timestamp='1284989005' post='920869']
I watched ESPN coverage last night and they were raving about the Bengals D. No not all are Dissing us
[/quote]

Watched mostly NFL Network after the games last night and didnt get a chance to watch ESPN. Good to know.

I'll tell you what is irritating...

seeing the bitching and crying about how shitting x was when we won the damn game...

Let me tell yah, it is a lot better in Bengal-land than it is in Dallas...

We won. Appreciate it and trust that what ills there are will be remedied, or at least schemed around.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1284995895' post='920934']

seeing the bitching and crying about how shitting x was when we won the damn game...

We won. Appreciate it and trust that what ills there are will be remedied, or at least schemed around.
[/quote]

Co-sign

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1284995895' post='920934']

[/quote]

This type of additude is fucking pathetic. Who gives a damn what other fans are feeling like or how another team is doing? We can't trust that the ills will be remedied. They weren't last year. Or the year before. Or ever in Bengaldom, because we've never won it all. Is everyone just supposed to be completely satisfied just because we won? I expect to win. Every goddamn game. Yeah, I appreciated wins, but still, when I see holes in our game that I KNOW will get exploited by a team like the Steelers, I get worried.

bu-bu-bu-we won

AND?

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1284999952' post='920957']
This type of additude is fucking pathetic. Who gives a damn what other fans are feeling like or how another team is doing? We can't trust that the ills will be remedied. They weren't last year. Or the year before. Or ever in Bengaldom, because we've never won it all. Is everyone just supposed to be completely satisfied just because we won? I expect to win. Every goddamn game. Yeah, I appreciated wins, but still, when I see holes in our game that I KNOW will get exploited by a team like the Steelers, I get worried.

bu-bu-bu-we won

AND?
[/quote]

Umm.... And we won a divisional game against a good opponent? I'm not going to speak for Vol here, but the whining this week is as bad as it was after the loss last week. I'm not going to argue that the complaints and concern aren't justified, but I'm not going to let s shitty offensive performance against a really good defense ruin my mood - especially when "MY" defense played lights out.

And for the record, I don't care what other fans are feeling (except for the Ravens fans this week).

bu-bu-bu-we won

AND?
[/quote]

My thing is, there is ALWAYS going to be something in every game you can complain about, but why? I would much rather enjoy 11 imperfect games won as opposed losing a game. (Which if you've been a Bengals fan as long as most of us have you would understand) Chances are you have been one as long as the majority. The year they went to the SB with Boomer as the QB there were a lot of bad games towards the end, but the team still competed and almost won a title (32 bleeping seconds). Enjoy the win, and look forward to the next week. We as fans can't control how they win. But if they do win let's support them instead of critique them, I'm sure they (the Bengals) know they have a lot of work to do.... I'm happy!

[quote name='ArmyBengal' timestamp='1285001254' post='920968']
Don't give them any respect, they've shown repeatedly that they do not respond well to praise.
[/quote]

True. On my way back to work i just heard another radio host(Cowherd) not menion them in the upper echelon of AFC teams even though he included the Ravens. Unreal.

[quote name='mani85' timestamp='1285002426' post='920977']
True. On my way back to work i just heard another radio host(Cowherd) not menion them in the upper echelon of AFC teams even though he included the Ravens. Unreal.
[/quote]

To add to that, he said "I give the Ravens a ton of credit for coming off a tough game and a short week to hold the bengals to 5 field goals." What the fuck? Is this fuck for real?

[quote name='mani85' timestamp='1285002578' post='920979']
To add to that, he said "I give the Ravens a ton of credit for coming off a tough game and a short week to hold the bengals to 5 field goals." What the fuck? Is this fuck for real?
[/quote]
I said on the Bengals.com board and I'll say it here.. I'll take a 2-0 win ANY DAY over a 100-99 loss. The simple fact is both D's played lights out defense. We got lucky with the turnovers so accept it for what it is. A WIN! Winning 100-0 counts for the exact same as a 2-0 win.

[quote name='StripedCrusader' timestamp='1285007233' post='921020']
I said on the Bengals.com board and I'll say it here.. I'll take a 2-0 win ANY DAY over a 100-99 loss. The simple fact is both D's played lights out defense. We got lucky with the turnovers so accept it for what it is. A WIN! Winning 100-0 counts for the exact same as a 2-0 win.
[/quote]

well said and welcome to the best Bengals site! :headbang:

bu-bu-bu-we won

AND?
[/quote]

okey-dokey...

so you're not going to be happy unless we go 16-0 and win 3 straight for a super bowl victory every year then... right? Completely satisfied... NO. But, jesus christ. You'd think we'd lost. We just beat the team that has been picked, by a lot of people, to be the AFC super bowl participant...

and you can look at it two ways... yes, the offense didn't do a lot yesterday. Or, you can say we did that because our defense was better than the Ravens defense and we won despite the fact we only scored 15 points.

What exactly is an additude? I'm not familiar with one. An attitude, yes.

[quote name='StripedCrusader' timestamp='1285007233' post='921020']
[/quote]

Bingo. It is called taking an ugly win over a pretty loss...

I'll take em all day long.

bu-bu-bu-we won

AND?
[/quote][b]

AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!![/b]

At the end of the year do they take a poll to determine who makes the playoffs? No. All that counts are victories, and we just got one against one of the highest rated teams in the AFC. Last year the Colts had 7 regular seasons victories (Dolphins, Forty-niners, Patriots, Texans, Ravens, and Jaguars [twice]) by fewer points than our margin of victory over the Ravens. Did that keep them out of the Superbowl? HELL NO! There are no style points in the NFL.

Bu-bu-bu-but we only won by 5!

AND?

Its still early and they have time to get Carson and his targets in rhythm but anyone that thinks if we play like that on O all year that were going to do much needs to take the blinders off.

That said, like I said its still early and every target in the passing game other than Chad needs time to work with Carson. What I'm concerned about is the running game, that needs to pick up.

bu-bu-bu-we won

AND?
[/quote]

It's not complicated. Can't win the Superbowl without making playoffs. Can't make playoffs without winning games. With the current system in place the best route for making playoffs is winning your division which gaurantees at least 1 home playoff game.

Thus, winning a game over a division opponent = happy time.

Not hard.

[quote name='mani85' timestamp='1285002426' post='920977']
[/quote]

Yep, I heard that, too. He said the Stealers are the best team in the conference (I think/hope he meant to say "division") and that the Rats are a playoff team, too. He said the Rats' loss could be attributed to the fact that they were coming off a Monday night game and that it was their second straight on the road.

No mention of the Bengals at all, other than the fact that they were the Rats' opponent yesterday.

[color="#0000FF"]This type of additude is fucking pathetic. Who gives a damn what other fans are feeling like or how another team is doing? We can't trust that the ills will be remedied. They weren't last year. Or the year before. Or ever in Bengaldom, because we've never won it all. Is everyone just supposed to be completely satisfied just because we won?[/color]
[/quote]
I've seen the Bengals remedy problems many times over the years. There's been several times when the team couldn't stop the run, but as the season progressed they got much better. The Super Bowl is no team's God given right and if every season in our history is an abject failure because we didn't win the rings, well...
That truly is a pathetic attitude.
buh bye

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1285007717' post='921026']
okey-dokey...

so you're not going to be happy unless we go 16-0 and win 3 straight for a super bowl victory every year then... right? Completely satisfied... NO. But, jesus christ. You'd think we'd lost. We just beat the team that has been picked, by a lot of people, to be the AFC super bowl participant...

and you can look at it two ways... yes, the offense didn't do a lot yesterday. Or, you can say we did that because our defense was better than the Ravens defense and we won despite the fact we only scored 15 points.

What exactly is an additude? I'm not familiar with one. An attitude, yes.
[/quote]

A-fucking-men! leave it to a fellow Vol fan to bring a little clarity.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1285008810' post='921036']
Its still early and they have time to get Carson and his targets in rhythm but anyone that thinks if we play like that on O all year that were going to do much needs to take the blinders off.

That said, like I said its still early and every target in the passing game other than Chad needs time to work with Carson. What I'm concerned about is the running game, that needs to pick up.
[/quote]

I agree that the offense has to still find its rhythm, however watching the replay now, they need to have some more designed plays for Shipley and gresham, especially Shipley. In the first half the offense was moving the ball the best when those two were getting the ball in their hands.

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1285008188' post='921031']
[b]

AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!![/b]

At the end of the year do they take a poll to determine who makes the playoffs? No. All that counts are victories, and we just got one against one of the highest rated teams in the AFC. Last year the Colts had 7 regular seasons victories (Dolphins, Forty-niners, Patriots, Texans, Ravens, and Jaguars [twice]) by fewer points than our margin of victory over the Ravens. Did that keep them out of the Superbowl? HELL NO! There are no style points in the NFL.

Bu-bu-bu-but we only won by 5!

AND?
[/quote]
You mean SB contestants are just popularity contest winners? I'm personally SHOCKED to hear this! :smoke:

Archived