Andre Fat Ass Smith Is inactive

Speculating is fun since Marvin won't ever come out and tell us why he's down today. I fully expect to hear "well, I can only dress 45 of them." Andre is quickly approaching full bust status. If he isn't starting over Roland by midseason then we are back to square one addressing the RT position.

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1285519330' post='922405']
Man I am upset is he inactive too and I want him to be a great lineman for us, but I really feel Marvin is showing him you have to kep working to earn your spot, even tho you were our 1st round pick, your not just coming in and playing
[/quote]

I think there is an element of tough love here. We have all watched the last two weeks and he has played at least average, and definitely better than others, so the decision to inactivate him is not solely based on play and weather conditions.

my guess is, playing a team starting a rookie QB and with a good rushing attack, all dlinemen and LB's available dressed.

Looking at this week's inactives vs. the first 2 weeks, basically they dressed all the LB's instead of an extra lineman.

Muckelroy was inactive week 1, Rivers week 2. Both dress today against a running team.

say what you will about the guy, but we could have used andre out there today. we're at the stage where he needs to play and get better with the reps, which i'm certain is what would happen. we pretty much know what we're getting out of roland, and that isn't much. we can't run to the right, despite having a good guard and veteran bobbie williams (that we're paying a good chunk of money to) on that side. and maybe even worse, we're continually getting beat on passing downs at the RT position, with roland in there. now this week, we left points on the board at the half, due to his sluggish, boneheaded play.

i like roland, but it's past time to insert andre in there, line him up, and let him go. we need to realize this and take the good with the bad as he works through the growing pains.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1285542310' post='923166']
say what you will about the guy, but we could have used andre out there today. we're at the stage where he needs to play and get better with the reps, which i'm certain is what would happen. we pretty much know what we're getting out of roland, and that isn't much. we can't run to the right, despite having a good guard and veteran bobbie williams (that we're paying a good chunk of money to) on that side. and maybe even worse, we're continually getting beat on passing downs at the RT position, with roland in there. now this week, we left points on the board at the half, due to his sluggish, boneheaded play.

i like roland, but it's past time to insert andre in there, line him up, and let him go. we need to realize this and take the good with the bad as he works through the growing pains.
[/quote]

yeah teaching the kid a lesson is nice and all but if it hurts your ability to win its a problem.

Archived