[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1286839519' post='929952']
While waiting for the MNF game, I've been watching all the pass plays from yesterday, and he really isn't stepping into his throws.

He's not as bad as you think he is.. Yes he made about 4 or 5 bad decisions/throws in this game, but he had 5 drops also (Chad 2/ Caldwell 1/ T.O. 2) But he was throwing some real nice balls too.

And a little off the subject, Benson does run a lot better with a lead blocker ie. FB.. I've been saying they really need a FB.
[/quote]

good stuff. More drops than I thought. Also 2 intentional throws out of bounds due to no one being open. Are most of the big runs going to the left?

Yeah, Carson may not be in his 2005 form but you can't lay the blame on him. The people bitching about him in this thread are some of the same ones in the thread last week saying Carson is telling everyone to suck his dick. So fickle it's not even funny. Anyway, Carson may not be wearing his Super Carson outfit like he was in 2005 but yesterday's loss lies entirely on the shoulders of Marvin and the coaching staff. This isn't the first time that we've seen Marvin's shitty time management. He sucks at the end of games. He may have been a great defensive coach and I'll give him credit for at least pulling the Bengals out of the gutter, but I think it's time to move on. I hope his contract isn't extended. Time for a fresh start.
MULLY

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1286840136' post='929960']
good stuff. More drops than I thought. Also 2 intentional throws out of bounds due to no one being open. Are most of the big runs going to the left?
[/quote]

Yes, Livings is getting to the second level and on to the LB's and on the 18 yard run from Benson, I like how Andre is hitting not just the first, but the second level and then looking for someone else to hit.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1286840602' post='929969']
Yeah, Carson may not be in his 2005 form but you can't lay the blame on him. The people bitching about him in this thread are some of the same ones in the thread last week saying Carson is telling everyone to suck his dick. So fickle it's not even funny. Anyway, Carson may not be wearing his Super Carson outfit like he was in 2005 but yesterday's loss lies entirely on the shoulders of Marvin and the coaching staff. This isn't the first time that we've seen Marvin's shitty time management. He sucks at the end of games. He may have been a great defensive coach and I'll give him credit for at least pulling the Bengals out of the gutter, but I think it's time to move on. I hope his contract isn't extended. Time for a fresh start.
MULLY
[/quote]

they scored 17 points of his turnovers. The coaches aint dropping the balls or sailing the passes.

[quote name='The Scales' timestamp='1286842704' post='929983']
they scored 17 points of his turnovers. The coaches aint dropping the balls or sailing the passes.
[/quote]

The last interception was no where near Carson's fault.. That led to the final score. if Chad holds on to that pass (which was right on target) we're in field goal position and probably the win. So yeah, it may have been an INT that went on Carson's stats but that was not his fault.

There were just more drops (5) as there were sailing passes (4).

[quote name='The Scales' timestamp='1286842704' post='929983']
[/quote]

Regardless, with 32 jamming it their collective asses all day there was absolutely no reason to be putting the ball in the air at that time. But, shit happens. Ced could have just as easily fumbled.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' timestamp='1286807524' post='929622']
[b]I [/b][b]just cannot understand why Carson cannot return to his 2005 form. I know he had the devastating knee injury and the elbow problem but what about Tom Brady?..He had the same knee injury as Carson..He's as good as ever. As for Drew Brees he had a brutal shoulder injury and is better than ever. Carson is bigger and stronger than both of those guys..It boggles my mind why he cannot return to form. And if he needs elbow surgery to get back to where he was get it done. [/b]
[/quote]

are you fucking kidding me?

what arent you seeing?

are you missing the drops?

the shit routes?

the oline offering up free Palmer sandwiches to the dline?

how could you possibly not understand?

is this a joke? you cnat be serious with this?

really?

you really cant understand that it takes 11 players for a qb to be that successful?

SERIOUSLY?

[b][size="6"]3-and-out: Ex-No. 1 pick Carson Palmer still has much to prove
[/size][/b]Updated 10/12/2010 1:45 AM

By [url="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/reporter/Jarrett+Bell"][color="#00529b"]Jarrett Bell[/color][/url], USA TODAY

[i]USA TODAY's Jarrett Bell takes a look at three of the key developments from the NFL's Week 5[/i]:

[b]Eye of the storm:[/b] Inconsistency is the tag that [url="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Cincinnati+Bengals"][color="#00529b"]Cincinnati Bengals[/color][/url] quarterback [url="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Athletes/NFL/Carson+Palmer"][color="#00529b"]Carson Palmer[/color][/url] must shake if he is ever going to live up to the promise of being a No. 1 overall draft pick.

Palmer threw three interceptions — including a final one that glanced off [url="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Athletes/NFL/Chad+Johnson"][color="#00529b"]Chad Ochocinco[/color][/url]'s hands — during a loss to the [url="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers"][color="#00529b"]Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/color][/url] that sent the defending AFC North champs into the bye week at 2-3.

"Offensively, we're not playing good enough," Palmer said. "Being the quarterback, it's my job to find a way to win. … We didn't win, so it's my fault."

That's an admirable stance. Bengals coach [url="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Sports+Coaches,+Team+Owners,+Execs,+Officials/NFL/Marvin+Lewis"][color="#00529b"]Marvin Lewis[/color][/url] also blamed himself.

When told of Palmer's contention about the rhythm being a bit off on the final interception that set up the winning score, Ochocinco said: "Regardless, I'm supposed to catch that ball."

Surely, there's much blame to spread. Until Sunday, when [url="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Athletes/NFL/Cedric+Benson"][color="#00529b"]Cedric Benson[/color][/url] notched his first 100-yard game of the season, Palmer wasn't supported with the running attack that was so essential last season.

Still, glory and scrutiny begin with the franchise quarterback. And with Palmer's spotty accuracy supporting his bottom-feeding 78.3 passer rating for the season, the heat could intensify.

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-10-11-three-and-out_N.htm"]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-10-11-three-and-out_N.htm[/url]

[quote name='StripedCrusader' timestamp='1286835716' post='929918']
I just love how everyone becomes a football shrink after tough losses and very few ever have the balls to admit the other side just did a good job of getting the ball.
Bengal Migration so far being the only one..and, well.. yours truly. Last week he threw fantastic against Cleveland then 3 interceptions and everyone wants to be a football/sports psychologist.
Sometimes other teams just outplay you.
When the 90s Bengals beat really good teams did any of you try to hop inside their QBs mind to play pop shrinkorama-man? I kind of doubt it..
Sometimes he's just gonna have crappy days and sometimes he's gonna throw interceptions and then some days he's gonna shred the other side.
What's wrong with Palmer? Nothing.. Other teams are just hitting that great day when they play us right now, but that won't go on forever and we'll hit our share of great days and everyone will be right back on the Bengals band wagon. :bengalscheer:
[/quote]

Eh, the last two games should have been in the bag for us, especially the Tampa game. Carson's INT's (especially the last two)were more a result of being bad throws moreso than the defense making a spectacular play. Credit where credit is due and all, but we lost those last two rather than having been resoundingly beaten.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1286889322' post='930119']
Eh, the last two games should have been in the bag for us, especially the Tampa game. Carson's INT's (especially the last two)were more a result of being bad throws moreso than the defense making a spectacular play.[b] Credit where credit is due and all, but we lost those last two rather than having been resoundingly beaten.[/b]
[/quote]

yep. Pats are the only team to have really beaten the Bengals this year. Bucs and Browns got wins handed to them.

Hey Bungle, just so you know, that chick in the Bengals panties is
a Stealers fan. She was a stripper at a place BengalFreek worked
and lost a bet to him. I remember the thread he posted here and
that pic. He also had a pic of her acting like she was giving him head.

Just sayin.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1286889322' post='930119']
Eh, the last two games should have been in the bag for us, especially the Tampa game. [b]Carson's INT's (especially the last two)were more a result of being bad throws [/b]moreso than the defense making a spectacular play. Credit where credit is due and all, but we lost those last two rather than having been resoundingly beaten.
[/quote]

hey Bung, go look at the throw to Chad again and I think you'll see he put that exactly where it needed to be, Chad just let that pass go through his hands.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1286895639' post='930178']
hey Bung, go look at the throw to Chad again and I think you'll see he put that exactly where it needed to be, Chad just let that pass go through his hands.
[/quote]

So maybe we should have a Bench Chad Thread. :) Realistically though, what is up with him. One good game, and then shit. Is he being bracketed pretty well, or just ineffective. You would think he would be going off with every thing TO is doing. We know he runs shitty routes. Maybe we need more Simpson sightings. :)

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1286891771' post='930142']
Hey Bungle, just so you know, that chick in the Bengals panties is
a Stealers fan. She was a stripper at a place BengalFreek worked
and lost a bet to him. I remember the thread he posted here and
that pic. He also had a pic of her acting like she was giving him head.

Just sayin.
[/quote]

Damn!!! Why did you have yo go ruin it for me man? <_< I remeber him working there but not that story. Daaaaaaaamn

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1286893831' post='930160']
After watching the Monday night game two things stood out. Favre is more mobile than Carson and Sanchez is the best USC QB in the league right now.
[/quote]

It looked like a game in which fans would be pissed at both QBs.
Favre fumbled 3 times and forced a pass to his TE that was picked off and ran back for a TD to seal the game.
Sanchez was 21 of 44 for 191 yards and 0 TDs.

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1286900406' post='930197']
So maybe we should have a Bench Chad Thread. :) Realistically though, what is up with him. One good game, and then shit. Is he being bracketed pretty well, or just ineffective. You would think he would be going off with every thing TO is doing. We know he runs shitty routes. Maybe we need more Simpson sightings. :)
[/quote]

I was watching Chad too, and I don't think there was one pass play that he had single coverage on.... They chose to totally rake him out of the game.

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1286904757' post='930217']
Favre fumbled 3 times and forced a pass to his TE that was picked off and ran back for a TD to seal the game.
[b]Sanchez was 21 of 44 for 191 yards and 0 TDs 0 INTs.[/b]
[/quote]

I would have taken that in a second this past week...

3 int = 17 points...
we just need to clean up the penalties, drops and mistakes in general...

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1286905555' post='930220']
I was watching Chad too, and I don't think there was one pass play that he had single coverage on.... They chose to totally rake him out of the game.
[/quote]

Thanks. I really hadn't been watching him too closely, but thought it was likely what was happening. Makes since why TO is the one open then. I just thought I'd throw something as absurd as putting in Jordan Palmer out there for people to discuss. :)

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1286904757' post='930217']
Sanchez was 21 of 44 for 191 yards and 0 TDs.
[/quote]

That was exactly my point. They both outplayed Palmer in week 5.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1286905555' post='930220']
[/quote]

I can't speak to the Bucs game, but Mangini came out and said that they pretty much doubled Chad the entire Browns game.

• 1 year later...
I'm dumbfounded that people thought Carson was returning to 2005 form with the Raiders. I can't count the number of times I distinctly remembered saying "I cannot believe Carson Palmer stinks now" last year. The fact that we got a #1 and a #2 (both going to be high picks in their round) is just brilliant.

It's fun to go through some of these old threads and thank Jesus that he is throwing pick 6's for the Raiders now.

Archived