Some answers from Carson - House for sale

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1297364168' post='969702']
Carson, Chad, Dillon, Pickens, Spikes, and not to mention the guys that have said things after they left with regard to how the organization was ran.

You choose to look at the situation through a microscope of each player. ie: Chad wants more money, dillon and pickens were assholes, Carsons wife is a ball buster

I choose to look at the situation through a wider lens and see there is more to it than just the individual situations.

In a winning organization none of this "extra" stuff would matter.
[/quote]

So one bad season is a deal breaker? Seriously, you think a team that swept their division
and won a division title last year, that has a 4-12 season, is the end all? "Oh, we've had
one double digit loss season with me as a starter, people threw shit on my lawn, and
said things that made my wife mad. Now I want to be traded to a Western team, ANY Western
team because the Bengals culture sucks!"

This isn't about what Chad, Dillon, Spikes or anyone else said. This is about THIS instance. Period.

Mike Brown has said he will see what is in Carson's craw and try to make him happy.

But let's not act like shit has gotten WORSE as far as the Culture since Carson signed
his extension to play here through 2014.

"Hopefully this is the last place I'll end up playing," Palmer said. "That's so rare in this league these days. It's so rare to see a person have a 5-, 8-, 10-, 12-year career in one place. And I feel very fortunate that it looks like that's going to be my future."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2274314"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2274314[/url]

Bullshit. You guys use this as a reason to bash on Mike Brown and the Bengals.
And I will keep calling Bullshit all damned day. Bullshit. Bullshit. BULLSHIT!

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297363889' post='969700']
Who are 'these" players? Dillon, Chad, Pickens, Wilkinson and now Palmer. Who else?
Chad's was because of money. Dillon, Wilkinson and Pickens were just a-holes.
Wilkinson wanted to come back not so long ago, remember?

TJ said he wished he would have stayed.

And I could have swore I said "all is not well". But it is the same as it was,
or even better as it was when Carson signed an extension to play here
through 2014.

Also, I honestly believe that Carson's wife being in his ear, and reports
saying he wants to go to a West Coast team, point more to him wanting
to leave Cincy for reasons that are more important to him than wanting
to leave because this Organization is fucked up.

Again, they brought Henry back and TO and Coles in at Palmer's request.
He knows he has a lot of pull with Mike Brown. And if he really has issues
with the culture, they would listen and do things to make him happy. But
even Mike Brown said there was no demands. Just trade me to a Western team.

A wise man once said, any player can go to a good team and help make them great.
But it takes a truly great player to help make a bad team great. Chad has said he wants
to be part of the solution now. Carson should be saying the same thing. And I am sure
he would if his wife would give him his balls back.
[/quote]

Boy, are the goggles on or what? I used to be this way, constantly defending everything BENGALS, as i live mostly around Steeler fans. But, in the wake of what has transpired over the past several few seasons w/ this organization, i have taken the goggles off. This is a very poorly run organization and if business were done this way in any other walk of life, it would fail miserably. I will give it up to Mikey, that he seems to be softening his stance on a few things that could help this team become a winner, but whats done is done w/ certain individual players. He lost Carson. Its over. Get over it. Prepare for a future w/o him. Period.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297364349' post='969704']
This team just won a division title 1 year ago. It isn't like he has had to endure losing
like the Browns have lately with double digit loss season after double digit loss season.

He didn't have to sign the extension. He did. And he has pocketed $100 million from this team.
His play effects them winning and losing. What he wants from the Front Office is listened to.
And sometimes acted upon.

Don't act like he is on the same level as whiny bitchy fans.

You jumped on this same tired old rant when Chad pulled his shit. Which WAS for money and nothing else.
[/quote]

Your right Old its all about the individual circumstance, this organization is fine, two division titles (and being booted out in the first round) show that.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297364825' post='969707']
So one bad season is a deal breaker? Seriously, you think a team that swept their division
and won a division title last year, that has a 4-12 season, is the end all? "Oh, we've had
one double digit loss season with me as a starter, people threw shit on my lawn, and
said things that made my wife mad. Now I want to be traded to a Western team, ANY Western
team because the Bengals culture sucks!"

This isn't about what Chad, Dillon, Spikes or anyone else said. This is about THIS instance. Period.

Mike Brown has said he will see what is in Carson's craw and try to make him happy.

But let's not act like shit has gotten WORSE as far as the Culture since Carson signed
his extension to play here through 2014.

"Hopefully this is the last place I'll end up playing," Palmer said. "That's so rare in this league these days. It's so rare to see a person have a 5-, 8-, 10-, 12-year career in one place. And I feel very fortunate that it looks like that's going to be my future."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2274314"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2274314[/url]

And I will keep calling Bullshit all damned day. Bullshit. Bullshit. BULLSHIT!
[/quote]

[img]http://www.pxdirect.com/images/Blindfold-Front.jpg[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297363889' post='969700']
Who are 'these" players? Dillon, Chad, Pickens, Wilkinson and now Palmer. Who else?
Chad's was because of money. Dillon, Wilkinson and Pickens were just a-holes.
Wilkinson wanted to come back not so long ago, remember?

TJ said he wished he would have stayed.

And I could have swore I said "all is not well". But it is the same as it was,
or even better as it was when Carson signed an extension to play here
through 2014.

Also, I honestly believe that Carson's wife being in his ear, and reports
saying he wants to go to a West Coast team, point more to him wanting
to leave Cincy for reasons that are more important to him than wanting
to leave because this Organization is fucked up.

Again, they brought Henry back and TO and Coles in at Palmer's request.
He knows he has a lot of pull with Mike Brown. And if he really has issues
with the culture, they would listen and do things to make him happy. But
even Mike Brown said there was no demands. Just trade me to a Western team.

A wise man once said, any player can go to a good team and help make them great.
But it takes a truly great player to help make a bad team great. Chad has said he wants
to be part of the solution now. Carson should be saying the same thing. And I am sure
he would if his wife would give him his balls back.
[/quote]

Takeo.

Plus all FAs that strolled through PBS for a free lunch and chose to sign elsewhere.

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1297364977' post='969708']
Boy, are the goggles on or what? I used to be this way, constantly defending everything BENGALS, as i live mostly around Steeler fans. But, in the wake of what has transpired over the past several few seasons w/ this organization, i have taken the goggles off. This is a very poorly run organization and if business were done this way in any other walk of life, it would fail miserably. I will give it up to Mikey, that he seems to be softening his stance on a few things that could help this team become a winner, but whats done is done w/ certain individual players. He lost Carson. Its over. Get over it. Prepare for a future w/o him. Period.
[/quote]

No goggles. I will say it again

[size="7"]ALL IS NOT WELL WITH THE BENGALS.
[/size]
Did you fucking read it that time? Need me to say it again? Want me to say it on Twitter? Post it on FaceBook and MySpace?
Send out emails to everyone on my list? How many times do I need to say it before people see that I know this is not
the most well ran Franchise in the NFL? I mean seriously, do people think I am that fucking stupid?

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I know this team has won 5 fucking playoff games in their history and has only made the Playoffs 9 times.

I know that they haven't won a Playoff game since 1990. I know more than most people. Who fucking cares
though right?

Obviously this team has issues. 4-12 told me as much well before it was leaked that Carson asked to be traded.

I have also said I would call Carson's bluff and make him walk away from the money on the table.
So, there is nothing to get over. Play for the Bengals or walk.

Players come and go. I want Palmer to stay. But I am not going to be less of a fan, stop putting just as
much effort into following this team, watching games, buying merchandise or anything like that.

The Stripes are forever in my eyes.

I am not defending everything this team does. I wish MB and the Front Office would do a lot of things
differently and swing for the fences and do everything possible to become a perrenial winner.

But I think a lot of people are using this instance to make it all about the shitty Bengals.
When it appears there is a lot more to it than that. That is all.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297364825' post='969707']

And I will keep calling Bullshit all damned day. [b]Bullshit. Bullshit. BULLSHIT![/b]
[/quote]

Not taking sides in this discussion.. But I found this funny... It's an inside joke between my friends and I.. See, we know this guy that for his entire life has never been able to hold a job, or, well, even carry out anything substantial to a meaningful conclusion.

To him nothing is ever his fault.. He views every set back through some sort of blinders (always something external which caused his failure) and refuses to acknowledge any type of patterns on his part which leads him down these roads of futility... If you confront him with it (in an honest attempt, as a friend, to help him see) eventually he ends up (like a 5 year old) covering his ears and repeating "Bullshit bullshit bullshit"...

It's become a thing where whenever someone is in denial we'll do that... And it's always 3 times... "Bullshit bullshit bullshit".

Anyway.. Carry on...

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1297365194' post='969710']
[img]http://www.pxdirect.com/images/Blindfold-Front.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Wait, do I wear goggles or a blindfold?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297365543' post='969712']
Takeo.

Plus all FAs that strolled through PBS for a free lunch and chose to sign elsewhere.
[/quote]

Takeo was before Marvin even had an OTA. And he tried to
come back not too long ago.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297366137' post='969716']
:doh:
[/quote]

When you have "discussions" like this, all is well ...

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1297365898' post='969714']
Not taking sides in this discussion.. But I found this funny... It's an inside joke between my friends and I.. See, we know this guy that for his entire life has never been able to hold a job, or, well, even carry out anything substantial to a meaningful conclusion.

To him nothing is ever his fault.. He views every set back through some sort of blinders (always something external which caused his failure) and refuses to acknowledge any type of patterns on his part which leads him down these roads of futility... If you confront him with it (in an honest attempt, as a friend, to help him see) eventually he ends up (like a 5 year old) covering his ears and repeating "Bullshit bullshit bullshit"...

It's become a thing where whenever someone is in denial we'll do that... And it's always 3 times... "Bullshit bullshit bullshit".

Anyway.. Carry on...
[/quote]

Maybe just me, but it sure does seem like you are picking sides with your story.

I do not think this is all about Mike Brown and the shitty Bengals is all.
And the people that are using it as an opportunity to use it as a platform
for the bashing, AGAIN, is what I am calling bullshit on.

But carry on ...

The problems with the Bengals are structural, they arent with the individual players. Marvin himself alluded to this when he didnt sign a new contract right away when it was offered. I hope nobody would debate that.

Now whether he got the things he wanted to fix all of those issues or whether he took some concessions or whether he got nothing is anyone's guess. I think the fact that Brat isnt here shows he got at least one concession.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297365860' post='969713']
No goggles. I will say it again

[size="7"][b]ALL IS NOT WELL WITH THE BENGALS.[/b][/size]
Did you fucking read it that time? Need me to say it again? Want me to say it on Twitter? Post it on FaceBook and MySpace?
Send out emails to everyone on my list? How many times do I need to say it before people see that I know this is not
the most well ran Franchise in the NFL? I mean seriously, do people think I am that fucking stupid?

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I know this team has won 5 fucking playoff games in their history and has only made the Playoffs 9 times.

I know that they haven't won a Playoff game since 1990. I know more than most people. Who fucking cares
though right?

Obviously this team has issues. 4-12 told me as much well before it was leaked that Carson asked to be traded.

I have also said I would call Carson's bluff and make him walk away from the money on the table.
So, there is nothing to get over. Play for the Bengals or walk.

Players come and go. I want Palmer to stay. But I am not going to be less of a fan, stop putting just as
much effort into following this team, watching games, buying merchandise or anything like that.

The Stripes are forever in my eyes.

I am not defending everything this team does. I wish MB and the Front Office would do a lot of things
differently and swing for the fences and do everything possible to become a perrenial winner.

But I think a lot of people are using this instance to make it all about the shitty Bengals.
When it appears there is a lot more to it than that. That is all.
[/quote]

Thats for damn sure. I get ya. I just think Carson is the type of guy that is going to hold true to his word and if the organization can benefit from his stance then they should. I think they will be better for it. I would hate to cave to his demands as well, but Mike Brown might have to swallow his pride one time to help this organization move forward because this much we all know, being the stubborn fuck that he has been for 20 years has not helped things ONE SINGLE BIT. Thats a fact. My argument, i guess, is more towards those that are saying, "what ever will be do w/o Carson?" I, as probably all of you, havent missed a bengals game in years, and im here to tell ya, he's not that good. Its that simple for me.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297366405' post='969718']
Maybe just me, but it sure does seem like you are picking sides with your story.

I do not think this is all about Mike Brown and the shitty Bengals is all.
And the people that are using it as an opportunity to use it as a platform
for the bashing, AGAIN, is what I am calling bullshit on.

But carry on ...
[/quote]

I know it does... But it is true, and I am not trying to accuse you of it.. It honestly just reminded me of him... I have no idea what Carson's problems are so I'm not going to blame anybody. I just hope everything ends up working out some how.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1297365083' post='969709']
Your right Old its all about the individual circumstance, this organization is fine, two division titles (and being booted out in the first round) show that.
[/quote]
A division title in a 3 team division is nothing to be pounding one's chest over. Cleveland hasn't been part of the NFL for years.

The fact that you franchise QB would table $11 mil while still able to play is kinda a bad sign for the club.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1297368500' post='969734']
A division title in a 3 team division is nothing to be pounding one's chest over. Cleveland hasn't been part of the NFL for years.
[/quote]

A division title in a division that has a superbowl winner 2 out of a few seasons and has them in it again this year with another team that has been to the afc championship recently is nothing to not be happy about either. (I just want more.)

Its not like this is the Patriots division and they had nothing to compete against until the recent upswing of the Jets.

[size="5"][b]Poker or Chess[/b]
[/size]February 10th, 2011 | [url="http://www.allproblogger.com/category/bengals/"]Bengals[/url]
[b]John Thornton
[/b]

The ongoing saga between the [b]Bengals[/b] and [b]QB Carson Palmer[/b] continued on Wednesday when news broke that his Cincinnati home is going up for sale. We talked about that on this site a few weeks ago so I'm not surprised by the news, but I am shocked that certain people don't think it's a big deal. News broke over the weekend that Saints head coach [b][url="http://www.wwltv.com/news/slideshows/Paytons-swank-new-Dallas-home-115685949.html"][color="#660000"]Sean Payton[/color][/url][/b] was moving his family from New Orleans to Dallas, now people in New Orleans think he's trying to angle his way out of town. The situation with Carson is different because he already said he wants out. The Bengals still hold all the cards in this game. As I said before, the only way Carson can force his way out of town is to stay away and be quiet. Imagine being the Bengals and not knowing for sure if Carson is serious about retiring, that will make the draft process difficult. Will they draft a QB at #4 or take a [b]WR AJ Green[/b] at #4 to make Carson happy? Or will they take a top defensive player at #4 to strengthen the D just in case Carson doesn't show up and they are working with a young QB to start the season. All of those options will be staring the team in the face in late April.

One interesting thing about this news of Carson's home going up for sale is that it seems to follow a pattern of moves(or bluffs). The Palmer camp met with the Bengals and demanded a trade, the Bengals denied him. The news broke on [b]ESPN[/b], [b]Mike Brown[/b] addressed it at Sr Bowl the next day, then the Palmer camp released a statement an hour later saying they still wanted out. The Bengals later fired their OC, then Carson calls the OC to tell him that he didn't asked for him to be fired. The Bengals hire [b]Jay Gruden[/b] as the new OC, now Carson's home is going up for sale. There could be an explanation of his home going up for sale that isn't connected to his trade request. Carson just purchased land in California and will probably start building his dream home there very soon. Maybe he is putting his home on the market here in Cincy, knowing it will take a while to sell in this bad housing market, and if he sells it while he is still on the Bengals roster, he'll just rent a place during the season. That could be a real possibility, most players rent homes or apartments during the season and go to their homes in other cities when the season is over. I think the Bengals should change their stance on not trading Carson, release a statement saying that they would consider a trade only if it benefits the team. That way if the Palmer camp can't generate good compensation for the Bengals in return, they may soften their stance and then both parties can begin to save face and try to get along next season.

[url="http://www.allproblogger.com/2011/02/10/poker-or-chess/"]http://www.allproblo...poker-or-chess/[/url]

Is it any surprise this team went 4-12 this year? You dont think this shit has been brewing for awhile? I have to agree with Old here. This team did everything to bring CP in some more weapons. Maybe he tried to play himself out of here by throwing 20 picks? This has to do with him wanting to be back on the west coast. If I was team mate of his, I wouldn't want him back at this point. If I'm MB and I dont get a 1st or 2nd rounder for Palmer, then guess what? Enjoy your retirement.

I have to agree with Old on this. He knows there are a lot of issues with Bengals organization. He has said so. Maybe more delicately than we do but he still gets his message across. But I think there are several issues at play and the Bengals organization is just one. And remember we don't even know for sure if Palmer is going anywhere yet.

But I am sort of coming to the conclusion that if CP really wants to go whether its retirement or trade maybe now is as good as time as any.

Breaking up is never easy, but Palmer is 31 and I dont see him playing another 6-8 years for any team. What if he is talked into staying a year, will it be the same thing next year? Will it turn into a Green Bay / Favre situation of will he or won't he after every season? No matter where he plays I see him as a short timer. I just feel that it may not be any easier next year or even 2-3 years down the road as it is now.

If he wants to go I say lets do it now and get it over with and move on.

For me its, thank you Carson for your years of service but dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

[url="http://www.fox19.com/global/Category.asp?C=195974&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5553094"]
[/url][url="http://www.fox19.com/global/Category.asp?C=195974&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5553094"][/url]VIDEO: Carson Palmer getting ready to leave his house

[url="http://www.fox19.com/global/Category.asp?C=195974&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5553094"]http://www.fox19.com...&clipId=5553094[/url]

[size="5"][b]PFT Live: Cincy losing leverage in possible Palmer trade[/b]
[/size]Posted by NBCSports.com on February 10, 2011, 4:30 PM EST

While some people think the Bengals' [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2550"][b][color="#000000"]Carson Palmer[/color][/b][/url] is bluffing by putting his Cincy house on the market, Mike Florio believes the QB is serious about his desire to be traded and says that eliminates any leverage Cincinnati might have in a trade. Also in the first segment of today's PFT Live, Florio breaks down the latest in the CBA negotiations.

(Click the link for the video)

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/pft-live-cincy-losing-leverage-in-possible-palmer-trade/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/pft-live-cincy-losing-leverage-in-possible-palmer-trade/[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297432520' post='969914']
[size="5"][b]PFT Live: Cincy losing leverage in possible Palmer trade[/b]
[/size]Posted by NBCSports.com on February 10, 2011, 4:30 PM EST

While some people think the Bengals' [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2550"][b][color="#000000"]Carson Palmer[/color][/b][/url] is bluffing by putting his Cincy house on the market, Mike Florio believes the QB is serious about his desire to be traded and says that eliminates any leverage Cincinnati might have in a trade. Also in the first segment of today's PFT Live, Florio breaks down the latest in the CBA negotiations.

(Click the link for the video)

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/pft-live-cincy-losing-leverage-in-possible-palmer-trade/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/pft-live-cincy-losing-leverage-in-possible-palmer-trade/[/url]
[/quote]

I don't think so. There's plenty of demand for QBs in the NFL and it just takes 2 teams and that assumes the Bengals will actually trade.

[size="5"][b]Carson Palmer Selling His Cincy Home, Could SF Move be Next? [/b]
[/size][b]By [color="#006699"]SAJID FAROOQ[/color] [/b]

[b]Updated 4:50 PM PST, Thu, Feb 10, 2011[/b]

[color="#006699"]49ers[/color]' fans looking for any glimmer of hope that [url="http://www.csnbayarea.com/02/08/11/Harbaugh-takes-a-close-look-at-Alex-Smit/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=406339&feedID=2800"][color="#006699"]the Alex Smith era[/color][/url] will not continue in San Francisco may have to wait a long time to celebrate.

With owners [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/02/10/labor-talks.ap/index.html"][color="#006699"]walking away from the negotiating table[/color][/url] with the players over a collective bargaining agreement, the [color="#006699"]NFL[/color] seems destined for a lock out, which means the 49ers will not be able to sign or trade for a veteran quarterback until a new CBA is struck.

But the possibility of free agency and trades being on hold won't put an end to the speculation that the 49ers will look to land a veteran quarterback, such as [color="#006699"]Kevin Kolb[/color] or [color="#006699"]Carson Palmer[/color].

Veteran 49ers' writer [url="http://www.csnbayarea.com/02/10/11/49ers-Mailbag-No-shortage-of-QB-CBA-talk/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=407935&feedID=5884"][color="#006699"]Matt Maiocco wrote Thursday[/color][/url] that his inbox is flooded with questions about the 49ers landing either Palmer or Kolb.

While there are no signs that Kolb, who is due $1.4 million next season, is going anywhere, there are some signs that Palmer might be moving -- literally.

The [color="#006699"]Cincinnati Bengals[/color] quarterback who [url="http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2011/1/23/1951971/carson-palmer-san-francisco-49ers-quarterback-target"][color="#006699"]has been linked to the 49ers[/color][/url] by several NFL pundits is selling his Cincinnati home.

While the Bengals say they have no interest in trading the team's franchise quarterback, Palmer has threatened through his agent to retire if he is not traded.

He has been linked to the 49ers because Palmer is a California boy and [url="http://www.eaglesfootball.com/alumni/palmer/thrower.php"][color="#006699"]his wife is from the Bay Area[/color][/url].

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Palmer [url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110209/SPT02/302090084"][color="#006699"]is selling his five-bedroom house[/color][/url] in Cincinnati but Palmer is not saying where he is moving to.

The Bengals have been trying to convince Palmer to change his mind. The team [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/01/31/bengals-bratkowski.ap/index.html"][color="#006699"]fired offensive coordinator[/color][/url] Bob Bratkowski and [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/super-bowl-2011/02/03/bengals.ap/index.html"][color="#006699"]hired Jay Gruden[/color][/url].

But even Gruden isn't sure where Palmer might play.

"I have not talked to him yet, no," Gruden said when [url="http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/02/07/jay-gruden-meets-the-press/"][color="#006699"]asked about Palmer[/color][/url] at his introductory press conference. "We'll leave that to Coach (Marvin) Lewis and Mr. Brown and let them handle it, and when the time is right hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to him."

Gruden said he will move forward under the assumption that Palmer will be his quarterback

[url="http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Carson-Palmer-Selling-His-Cincy-Home-Could-SF-Move-be-Next-115765294.html"]http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Carson-Palmer-Selling-His-Cincy-Home-Could-SF-Move-be-Next-115765294.html[/url]

Archived