Some answers from Carson - House for sale

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1297305831' post='969507']
Harley: how does anyone know what he believes in? He's pulling a Steve Carlton and not talking (except through his real estate agent). Surmising is just guessing at this point.

But just musing...if he thinks by getting to San Francisco or Seattle it's going to make things all sweetness and light...he might want to think again. If he believes that fans are going to be any different anywhere else, he is truly delusional. They will be just as abusive in Phoenix as they are in Denver. He isn't going to escape that.

I remember hearing stories about fan drive-by's in Voorhees, NJ when many Phillies and Flyers players lived there. Trash on lawn? Those players should have been so lucky.
[/quote]

"boo hoo, they threw trash on my indian hills lawn and i had to bend over and pick it up... i'm mad!"

it was probably just a mcdonald's bag that chad threw out while he was out cruisin.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1297306501' post='969514']
thanks for the merge whoever took care of it. ;)

well that lasted for at least a minute before Mr attention whore struck again. :lol:
[/quote]
That's the first post I made in about a month.. I only do so to see what other fans think. To get some perspective and maybe learn something. Have a nice day!

If Carson Palmer is not our QB in 2011, then who is? Is there anyone we currently have or could reasonably get that would make 2011 a better season without Carson? I don't think so. Please enlighten me. Carson leaving would entail a huge rebuilding effort in some respects, which I don't wish to see revisit this team, especially when Carson is not one of the key issues with the team's lack of success!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1297307666' post='969527']
If Carson Palmer is not our QB in 2011, then who is? Is there anyone we currently have or could reasonably get that would make 2011 a better season without Carson? I don't think so. Please enlighten me. Carson leaving would entail a huge rebuilding effort in some respects, which I don't wish to see revisit this team, especially when Carson is not one of the key issues with the team's lack of success!
[/quote]

If Carson is gone, obviously Jordan is too, leaving us with just LeFevour. If Marvin thinks there is any future with Dan, then I can't see him getting thrown into the fire unless he has just a brilliant offseason/TC. We would need to bring in a Kitna-esque stopgap with starting experience to hold the fort, someone who isn't going to lose games for you on his own. Out of the FA pool, I think either Marc Bulger or Billy Volek make the most sense here. Bulger was pretty good before the Rams tanked and Volek has always been a good option for his teams - he's just been buried behind Rivers out in SD.

Unless we draft someone, then we also need to bring in someone with potential. Many will balk at these names, but Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, and Brady Quinn are all talented guys who played in terrible situations. I could see any of the three getting a fair shake in TC.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1297303040' post='969491']
Devil's advocate #2 says that this is not even Carson doing the talking. David Dunn is driving this to get Carson a chance to reunite with Pete Caroll in Seattle or maybe another person Dunn represents in the San Fran area...
[/quote]

Why in god's name would his agent be orchestrating this? Carson is scheduled to make $11 million or more for each of the next 4 years and his agent will get a nice cut of that.

If he get's traded, it will almost certainly require a new contract for far less money and the agent will lose a lot of dough.

Of course if he's serious about retiring (which I doubt), the agent will get nothing...

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1297308186' post='969532']
If Carson is gone, obviously Jordan is too, leaving us with just LeFevour. If Marvin thinks there is any future with Dan, then I can't see him getting thrown into the fire unless he has just a brilliant offseason/TC. We would need to bring in a Kitna-esque stopgap with starting experience to hold the fort, someone who isn't going to lose games for you on his own. Out of the FA pool, I think either Marc Bulger or Billy Volek make the most sense here. Bulger was pretty good before the Rams tanked and Volek has always been a good option for his teams - he's just been buried behind Rivers out in SD.

Unless we draft someone, then we also need to bring in someone with potential. Many will balk at these names, but Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, and Brady Quinn are all talented guys who played in terrible situations. I could see any of the three getting a fair shake in TC.
[/quote]

You're right...I'm balking at those names!

:lol:

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1297308210' post='969533']
Why in god's name would his agent be orchestrating this? Carson is scheduled to make $11 million or more for each of the next 4 years and his agent will get a nice cut of that.

If he get's traded, it will almost certainly require a new contract for far less money and the agent will lose a lot of dough.

Of course if he's serious about retiring (which I doubt), the agent will get nothing...
[/quote]

I don't think the agent is behind this, but don't agents get paid upfront when the contract is signed? In that case, Dunn would want Carson to get traded and re-do his deal somewhere to get a new commission. But like I said, I don't think this is agent driven.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1297308351' post='969535']
You're right...I'm balking at those names!

:lol:
[/quote]

No ninja :thumbsup:

You never know what a change of scenery can do to a guy. It's hard to judge any of them completely. The 49ers were a total mess for all of Smith's tenure. 6 seasons, 6 coordinators. Leinart got stuck behind Warner, got discouraged, and got cut prematurely. Quinn.... Quinn played in Cleveland. Nuff said.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1297308901' post='969539']

You never know what a change of scenery can do to a guy. It's hard to judge any of them completely. The 49ers were a total mess for all of Smith's tenure. 6 seasons, 6 coordinators. Leinart got stuck behind Warner, got discouraged, and got cut prematurely. Quinn.... Quinn played in Cleveland. Nuff said.
[/quote]

What's David Klingler doing these days? [i]He[/i] got a raw deal too, could have been a helluva QB in the right system/behind a decent line...

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1297309384' post='969541']
What's David Klingler doing these days? [i]He[/i] got a raw deal too, could have been a helluva QB in the right system/behind a decent line...
[/quote]
Hell, let's bring back Akili and Scott Mitchell why were at it. Nothing like some former Bengal greats.

Ruh Roh. I forgot about you Gussy.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1297308901' post='969539']

[/quote]

Brady Quinn will blow goats wherever he is,dude just does not have it

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' timestamp='1297305357' post='969505']
[b]he gets paid what he does to play a kid's game. /b]
[/quote]

[img]http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/football/nfl/img13978537.jpg[/img]

You must've had a really tough childhood..

I mean, yeh, cops n' robbers is a kid's game too when everyone has squirt guns.

If he is serious about retirement, he didn't tell Bengals president Mike Brown that was an option when they met Jan. 18. That's when Brown told him they're not in position to trade him and that hasn't changed in the wake of a change at offensive coordinator.

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Ndukwe-says-knee-bouncing-back-Horton-promoted/8bbc140b-d898-4f67-a9ae-805bff1cdf12"]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Ndukwe-says-knee-bouncing-back-Horton-promoted/8bbc140b-d898-4f67-a9ae-805bff1cdf12[/url]

[size="2"][size="5"][/size]
[size="5"][b]Carson Palmer Not Backing Off Demand[/b]
[/size]

New information about Carson Palmer's future with the Bengals - and it's not looking good for the team.

Local 12 Sports Director and voice of the Bengals, Brad Johansen, says that nothing has changed in the mind of Carson Palmer, who requested a trade from the Bengals or he would retire.

Brad Johansen has talked to multiple people close to the quarterback, who assure him the change in offensive coordinator has not swayed Palmer's decision to want out. The former number one pick, who has four years left on his deal worth more than 50 million dollars, [b]is asking for a trade to a west coast team near his home or he's done playing football. Health concerns figure into his decision as well.
[/b]
Mike Brown has already insisted he will not trade Palmer.

[url="http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Carson-Palmer-Not-Backing-Off-Demand/fc_n8wdNxE-tekd5TsoDVg.cspx"]http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Carson-Palmer-Not-Backing-Off-Demand/fc_n8wdNxE-tekd5TsoDVg.cspx[/url]
[/size]

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reiterates that Carson Palmer's "intent is strong" to retire if the Bengals don't release or trade him.

RT @[url="http://twitter.com/AdamJohnB"][color="#770101"]AdamJohnB[/color][/url]: @[url="http://twitter.com/mortreport"][color="#770101"]mortreport[/color][/url] Carson Palmer's house going up for sale [url="http://shar.es/3sGGf"][color="#770101"]http://shar.es/3sGGf[/color][/url] > His intent is strong: Fresh start or retire
[url="http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/35412423519240192"]about 18 hours ago[/url] via [url="http://www.tweetdeck.com/"]TweetDeck[/url] Retweeted by 23 people

Why hasn't he retired yet? What is he waiting for? MB said that he wasn't trading him and he means it. So retire, so the Bengals can move on. And take your worthless brother with you. The Packers would be on their 2nd Super Bowl win if Favre retired 5 or 5 years ago when he threatened to and they drafted Aaron Rodgers to take over. I know that the Bengals could screw up getting a great replacement for him, but it doesn't matter. The Bengals are never going to win a Super Bowl with Carson Palmer. He's too mediocre. Unless he gets the same kind of defense that Dilfer had. And in that case, it wouldn't matter who the QB was anyway.

[b]
[size="5"][b]No Bluffing At Palmer's Poker Table[/b]
[/size]Written by: George Vogel // [b][email="GVogel@hearst.com"]E-mail[/email][/b]POSTED: 10:25 pm EST February 9, 2011

CINCINNATI -- [/b]If Carson Palmer [url="http://www.wlwt.com/sports/26809141/detail.html"]puts his house on the market[/url] next month, it's another raise in his high stakes poker game with Mike Brown.

Carson opened with his trade demand to the Bengals president. Brown called Palmer's bet by making a public statement that he will not consider trading his veteran quarterback. I have a feeling this is going to get ugly and drag on for quite some time.

We still haven't heard anything directly from Palmer. But once his house hits the market, Palmer could be raising the stakes that he is not coming back to Cincinnati. It could also mean Carson's wife and kids are not coming back to Cincinnati, and Carson will rent a place during the season.

But there are too many signs that Carson is not bluffing and he is content to sit things out. The problem for Palmer? Brown is not bluffing either, and Brown holds the most chips.

There are people close to the team that feel there is little or no doubt Brown is all-in on this hand. Carson can make demands, he can move out west, but he can't change teams until 2015 without Brown's blessing.

It's not a good plan to threaten Mike Brown with a holdout or retirement when you still have four years remaining on your contract. Especially when you consider Brown has an investment in Carson. Two playoff appearances and no playoff wins in seven years is not a sizable pot when you consider the chips Brown has tossed Palmer's way over the years. I will be shocked if Brown folds his hand before Palmer sits out at least one season.

Should Palmer go through with the threat, he is really backed into a corner. First of all, if he really retires and sits out the rest of his contract, there are reports he would be passing up close to $50 million. That is not a good plan for any portfolio, even one as impressive as Palmer's.

Would he really come back to Paul Brown Stadium after sitting out a season, a game, or a training camp? If he or his family were upset with some boos last season, how will he be received after all of this? The only positive for Palmer is that he is so sick with how the Bengals run the organization that he has to leave to keep his sanity. If that is the case, he has a lot of company with the same people who were booing him last season.

For the sake of the franchise, Brown should cut his losses and move on. He should have done that with Chad Ochocinco a few years ago. It's not like Palmer has played at an elite level recently. Based on his play the past few years, I would be looking to unload a big part of his remaining contract on a team starving for a quarterback.

But that's me and I'm not the guy holding the biggest part of the chips in this game. Mike Brown holds the chips. Carson seems bent on finding that out the hard way.

[url="http://www.wlwt.com/r/26813262/detail.html"]http://www.wlwt.com/r/26813262/detail.html[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297277716' post='969318']
I never get this argument. Its not about who the player is, its about opening the flood gates and setting a precedent once you do it once.
[/quote]

What you say is true or a legit point of view. But you got an unproven hole at Qb no matter what happens.

It's either Carson comes back with his declining play in a new system, with an organization he doesn't want to be apart of. With him publically stating that trash in his lawn was big deal. I like good stories and the NFL is made up of stories on unpredictable glory, but I just don't see Carson's coming close to his best years this year.

Carson retires and you still have to find a new QB or Trade Carson get something and still try to find a new QB.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1297341424' post='969559']
[size="2"][size="5"][/size]
[size="5"][b]Carson Palmer Not Backing Off Demand[/b]
[/size]

New information about Carson Palmer's future with the Bengals - and it's not looking good for the team.

Local 12 Sports Director and voice of the Bengals, Brad Johansen, says that nothing has changed in the mind of Carson Palmer, who requested a trade from the Bengals or he would retire.

Brad Johansen has talked to multiple people close to the quarterback, who assure him the change in offensive coordinator has not swayed Palmer's decision to want out. The former number one pick, who has four years left on his deal worth more than 50 million dollars, [b]is asking for a trade to a west coast team near his home or he's done playing football. [i]Health concerns figure into his decision as well.
[/b][/i]
Mike Brown has already insisted he will not trade Palmer.

[url="http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Carson-Palmer-Not-Backing-Off-Demand/fc_n8wdNxE-tekd5TsoDVg.cspx"]http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Carson-Palmer-Not-Backing-Off-Demand/fc_n8wdNxE-tekd5TsoDVg.cspx[/url]
[/size]
[/quote]

I am not buying the health concerns. He may have them, but if they were serious he would retire and not entertain trade offers. If the article above is true, I would say he just wants out of Cincinnati....anyway he can.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1297305831' post='969507']
Harley: how does anyone know what he believes in? He's pulling a Steve Carlton and not talking (except through his real estate agent). Surmising is just guessing at this point.

But just musing...if he thinks by getting to San Francisco or Seattle it's going to make things all sweetness and light...he might want to think again. If he believes that fans are going to be any different anywhere else, he is truly delusional. They will be just as abusive in Phoenix as they are in Denver. He isn't going to escape that.

I remember hearing stories about fan drive-by's in Voorhees, NJ when many Phillies and Flyers players lived there. Trash on lawn? Those players should have been so lucky.
[/quote]

I certainly agree that fans are brutal everywhere, especially in Philly. And while it isn't completely logical, it appears to me that CP just wants to be out of Cincy. He's not your typical, egomaniac athlete which makes me think that he didn't get to this decision lightly, nor is he backing down.

It could very well be sucky for him wherever he goes but for now, he just wants to go.

[quote name='Jungle1' timestamp='1297344234' post='969577']
I am not buying the health concerns. He may have them, but if they were serious he would retire and not entertain trade offers. If the article above is true, I would say he just wants out of Cincinnati....anyway he can.
[/quote]

No. If the article is true, he wants out of Cincy to play for a team closer to "home".

So it really isn't about the Bengals. It is about Cincinnati and it being so far from Cali.

After listening to mike and mike this morning, I'm becoming more convinced that he's done. His wife is pretty adamant according to what they say. I never thought of him as a quitter until now. I think MB has to listen to offers at this point. If SF offers a 1st, then take the deal.

Archived