with their first and second round picks

1st Round they take AJ Green
2nd Round they take Jonathan Baldwin

Assuming Carson Palmer stays, somehow the thorn bush is removed from his vagina and Benson is resigned how would you feel about this? Before you flame away im not suggesting we do this, it was just something that was discussed between a friend of mine and I today and the potential offensive juggernaut that could come of it. Aj Green @ 1 Baldwin @ 2, Ship in the slot, Gresh @ TE. Simpson being a situation WR... Damn in rounds 3-5 if you can beef up the O line it would be pretty impressive on paper...

Thoughts?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1302319074' post='982709']
not a fan honestly.

1, IMO there's a big learning curve starting 2 rookie WR's.

2, you have to address other needs.

3, this offense doesn't need 2 big time draft pick WR's.

4, IMO Simpson showed you enough that you don't just send him to the bench.
[/quote]

who do you draft in round 2 if Palmer never began wetting his panties? anyone in specific just curious... making bored offseason chatter...

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1302319217' post='982710']
who do you draft in round 2 if Palmer never began wetting his panties? anyone in specific just curious... making bored offseason chatter...
[/quote]
There's a wealth of interior offensive lineman who are worth the 2nd round pick. That's who I'd go with.

Pouncey, Cannon, Ijalana, Watkins, Wisniewski, Franklin.

I'd still go with one of them over a QB in round 2 personally.

If Carson comes out before the draft and says he'll play I'd rather see them go OL in the first two rounds than WR and I think that would help the team more. I really think Simpson, Caldwell and Shipley would be a good trio going forward and shouldn't be too tough to re-sign. You could add a WR in the 4th or 5th round if you're worried about the long-term, there should be some good ones still out there.

[/quote]

OL Marcus Cannon (can play all four tackle and guard spots) or SS Deandre McDaniel.

I also wouldn't shy away from a 2nd or 3rd round QB. Carson may be back and happy, but you still have to groom a replacement.

[/quote]

Marcus Cannon.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1302358806' post='982754']
That would be wasteful and absolutely asinine. It makes no sense at all. It would be the equivalent to the Lions drafting all those WRs without a QB and offensive line.
[/quote]

When did you get so smart? :)

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1302358806' post='982754']
That would be wasteful and absolutely asinine. It makes no sense at all. It would be the equivalent to the Lions drafting all those WRs [b]without a QB[/b] and offensive line.
[/quote]

I guess you missed the part where he said "assuming Carson Palmer stays"?

I cant say im surprised by the results here I figured many would oppose. I wouldnt be livid if this happened but I am also okay with them drafting any of the players you guys have mentioned here in the second. I cannot wait until the draft, I just pray Cam Newton's name is called by Carolina or Buffalo so I can breathe easy!

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1302363761' post='982765']
That's a horrible idea. Lay off the crack pipe
[/quote]

And this ladies and gentlemen is a prime example of what GO was talking about when people post whore and talk trash for no reason. If you oppose why not contribute to the thread by adding your opinion of whom we should draft. I said it was small talk amongst a friend and that neither of us were suggesting this happen we were just thinking of what could come of it.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1302359615' post='982759']
I guess you missed the part where he said "assuming Carson Palmer stays"?
[/quote]
Perhaps I did. But still, we already went the WR route last year and it obviously didn't work.

Archived