Former Bengal Ray Horton had too many concussions or is REALLY nice guy

Steelers assistant coach [b]Ray Horton[/b] was making the rounds on the day he was to leave for his new post with the Arizona Cardinals.

He approached Maurice Matthews, a cafeteria at the team's Pittsburgh headquarters, and said "Hey, I need a favor from you. How much money you have in your pocket?"

"I got $20," Matthews said.

Horton took the money. "Sold for $20!"

Then Horton handed Matthews the keys to his red 1999 Mercedes Benz SL500 convertible, parked outside, no strings attached.

"I'm like, 'Stop playing with me Ray; don't play with me,' " Matthews [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11215/1164706-66.stm"][color="#00529b"]told the [i]Pittsburgh Post-Gazette[/i][/color][/url]. "The other [workers] were looking at me, their jaws dropped. Ray said, 'Hey, you always liked the car, you're a good dude, I know you'll take care of it. It's yours.' "

Horton, a nine-year NFL veteran of the Bengals and Cowboys, had been an NFL assistant coach for 17 years before accepting his first coordinator assignment in February.

[url="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/ass-coach-leaves-extravagant-parting-gift-for-cafeteria-worker/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28Sports+-+NFL+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Twitter"]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/ass-coach-leaves-extravagant-parting-gift-for-cafeteria-worker/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28Sports+-+NFL+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Twitter[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1312411420' post='1010506']
Steelers assistant coach [b]Ray Horton[/b] was making the rounds on the day he was to leave for his new post with the Arizona Cardinals.

He approached Maurice Matthews, a cafeteria at the team's Pittsburgh headquarters, and said "Hey, I need a favor from you. How much money you have in your pocket?"

Then Horton handed Matthews the keys to his red 1999 Mercedes Benz SL500 convertible, parked outside, no strings attached.

"I'm like, 'Stop playing with me Ray; don't play with me,' " Matthews [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11215/1164706-66.stm"][color="#00529b"]told the [i]Pittsburgh Post-Gazette[/i][/color][/url]. "The other [workers] were looking at me, their jaws dropped. Ray said, 'Hey, you always liked the car, you're a good dude, I know you'll take care of it. It's yours.' "

Horton, a nine-year NFL veteran of the Bengals and Cowboys, had been an NFL assistant coach for 17 years before accepting his first coordinator assignment in February.

[url="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/ass-coach-leaves-extravagant-parting-gift-for-cafeteria-worker/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28Sports+-+NFL+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Twitter"]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/ass-coach-leaves-extravagant-parting-gift-for-cafeteria-worker/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28Sports+-+NFL+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Twitter[/url]
[/quote]

he lived near me before I moved to my new digs about a year and a half ago.

Not uncommon to run into him at the dry cleaner or UDF, etc. and a genuinely nice and classy guy.

Same car with HORTON vanity plates. And it was sweet.

I wish him well.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1312411420' post='1010506']

[/quote]

So, he gave the car to a cafeteria named Maurice? Who gets to drive it, then?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1312415711' post='1010533']
Either nice or dumb as hell
[/quote]

My guess is old boy was probably real cool with him, you know made sure if he liked V8 juice it was always there, got breakfast cooked for him even if he was 10 mins late, you know what I mean, and he probably always told him what a nice car it was.

Now, I just got a new job with double, maybe triple the salary I was making before. It going to cost me three G's to have my old car shipped to Arizona, and since it's 12 years old and it's been my primary driver, I was probably going to freshen up the wheels anyway, so why not leave it here wit the guy that really liked it. Just sayin'.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1312428985' post='1010670']
My guess is old boy was probably real cool with him, you know made sure if he liked V8 juice it was always there, got breakfast cooked for him even if he was 10 mins late, you know what I mean, and he probably always told him what a nice car it was.

Now, I just got a new job with double, maybe triple the salary I was making before. It going to cost me three G's to have my old car shipped to Arizona, and since it's 12 years old and it's been my primary driver, I was probably going to freshen up the wheels anyway, so why not leave it here wit the guy that really liked it. Just sayin'.
[/quote]

Three G's??? I just shipped a car from Texas to Ohio and it cost me $250.

This was a nice gesture by Horton, too bad he sucked as a player.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1312462022' post='1010743']
Yeah, shipping a car to Arizona would probably cost $700 or so...

Bambam you got a hell of a deal, from what I have seen.
[/quote]

I was pretty lucky. I know a guy that owns a dealership and he got me a pretty good deal.

[quote name='bambam' timestamp='1312464049' post='1010754']
I was pretty lucky. I know a guy that owns a dealership and he got me a pretty good deal.
[/quote]

Then why the fuck did you act like $250 was common?

I got a great blowjob from a stripper last week, it was free!!!!!

3 posts later i mention she's a my Girlfriend. :rolleyes:

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1312464302' post='1010759']
Then why the fuck did you act like $250 was common?

I got a great blowjob from a stripper last week, it was free!!!!!

3 posts later i mention she's a my Girlfriend. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

$250 was a deal but 3 grand??????? Are you kidding? My point was three grand was not even close and I could of found 4250 on my own if I knew where to look. I am sure Ray Horton probably has a dealer friend (he is an NFL coach or Arizona can set him up) and find a similiar deal.

[quote name='bambam' timestamp='1312472463' post='1010824']
$250 was a deal but 3 grand??????? Are you kidding? My point was three grand was not even close and I could of found 4250 on my own if I knew where to look. I am sure Ray Horton probably has a dealer friend (he is an NFL coach or Arizona can set him up) and find a similiar deal.
[/quote]

You are full of shit. I work at a dealership, and the general cost is about .75 a mile, and a 1.25 if you want it in a covered unit. I just shipped a 2011 SLK to Florida on a covered unit for $945 dollars. Now you might be able to get billybob to put it on his lawnmower trailer with no insurance and no liability and get it shipped if he's already going to bum fuck, but something tells me that everything you are saying is bullshit.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1312473019' post='1010828']
You are full of shit. I work at a dealership, and the general cost is about .75 a mile, and a 1.25 if you want it in a covered unit. I just shipped a 2011 SLK to Florida on a covered unit for $945 dollars. Now you might be able to get billybob to put it on his lawnmower trailer with no insurance and no liability and get it shipped if he's already going to bum fuck, but something tells me that everything you are saying is bullshit.
[/quote]

Really??? Why would I lie about this? A covered unit? Now you are changing the rules. Mine wasn't in a covered unit. I highly doubt a 1999 car would be in a covered unit. Maybe you need to shop around a little more for transfer rates. I ship mine from Naples Fl. to Ohio every year for $550. It sounds like you are getting screwed. I sure wouldn't buy a car from you.

[quote name='bambam' timestamp='1312474063' post='1010842']
Really??? Why would I lie about this? A covered unit? Now you are changing the rules. Mine wasn't in a covered unit. I highly doubt a 1999 car would be in a covered unit. Maybe you need to shop around a little more for transfer rates. I ship mine from Naples Fl. to Ohio every year for $550. It sounds like you are getting screwed. I sure wouldn't buy a car from you.
[/quote]

[center][img]http://www.nflfans.com/x/images/smilies/focus.gif[/img][/center]

[quote name='bambam' timestamp='1312474063' post='1010842']
[/quote]

First, you shipped a car from Texas to Ohio for $250, but you regularly ship a car half the distance for $550. Something tells me that I wouldn't sell you a car, because I'm real good at smelling bullshit, and you reek.

By the way, he wasn't shipping a Pinto like you, He would have been shipping a Benz that just from the plates on it, he liked a lot. I know the car business, and personalized plates aren't on crap, they're on vehicles you really like.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1312481303' post='1010908']
First, you shipped a car from Texas to Ohio for $250, but you regularly ship a car half the distance for $550. Something tells me that I wouldn't sell you a car, because I'm real good at smelling bullshit, and you reek.

By the way, he wasn't shipping a Pinto like you, He would have been shipping a Benz that just from the plates on it, he liked a lot. I know the car business, and personalized plates aren't on crap, they're on vehicles you really like.
[/quote]

Oh my God, you really aren't smart. First off, I bought a car in Texas and got it shipped to Ohio my friend owns the dealership in Texas not Florida. He told me to call a company he has used before that ships cheaply...hence the $250.

The company I use from Florida has been shipping my car for eight years. I haven't shopped around but I could probably get a better deal.

Vanity plates mean nothing. I had a friend with vanity plates on a $600 beater. Just because it was a Benz means nothing...it was a twelve year old Benz. Do a little research.

[quote name='bambam' timestamp='1312482487' post='1010938']
Oh my God, you really aren't smart. First off, I bought a car in Texas and got it shipped to Ohio my friend owns the dealership in Texas not Florida. He told me to call a company he has used before that ships cheaply...hence the $250.

The company I use from Florida has been shipping my car for eight years. I haven't shopped around but I could probably get a better deal.

Vanity plates mean nothing. I had a friend with vanity plates on a $600 beater. Just because it was a Benz means nothing...it was a twelve year old Benz. Do a little research.
[/quote]

You're one stupid motherfucker. Ignore.

Archived