Anyone else see this on the news... Carson to Miami?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1317221438' post='1037472']
Wow, I must be a bad luck charm. My college team was ripped apart under shadiest of circumstances and my pro team unraveled due to some unknown problems between the franchise player and management. I should probably kill myself. Or watch baseball. Nah, killing myself would be less painful.
[/quote]

Just dont' be a Reds fan please lol.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' timestamp='1317248046' post='1037602']
Where is he getting " the fans are siding with Palmer"? Just because they/we are against MFB doesn't by default put them/us in Palmer's camp. I, personally, am glad he's gone.
[/quote]

I agree, I haven't heard too many fans that are happy with Palmer.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' timestamp='1317248046' post='1037602']Where is he getting " the fans are siding with Palmer"? Just because they/we are against MFB doesn't by default put them/us in Palmer's camp. I, personally, am glad he's gone.[/quote]

Bleacher report is silly. The kid who wrote that lists Carson as his favorite athlete in his bio.

Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer does not believe Carson Palmer is a candidate to be moved before the October, 18 trade deadline.
Owner/GM Mike Brown isn't going to give in because he doesn't want to set a precedent in an organization that deals with disgruntled players on a semi-annual basis. Asked earlier in the day if he could envision the Bengals caving and dealing Palmer, ESPN's Adam Schefter responded, "Not this season. Maybe not ever."

[b]Related:[/b] [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/mia/dolphins"]Dolphins[/url], [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/sea/seahawks"]Seahawks[/url]

[b]Source:[/b] [url="https://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/statuses/119556169495879680"]Joe Reedy on Twitter [/url]

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/cin/?r=1

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1317168759' post='1037370']
Fuck that i rather have him retire than get a 2nd rounder. Its either 1st rounder or nothing
[/quote]

Yep, because getting nothing out of him makes the team better.

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1317595202' post='1039191']
Well....Looks like Seattle wants to dump Curry. I know a lot of people on this board was pimping him hard core. Maybe seattle for Curry and a 3rd or 4th (Just throwing shit out there with my celebratory post win drinking)?
[/quote]

I could possibly see it if we played Seattle before the trade deadline, but I can't see them trading Carson to Seattle with the chance that Palmer would face them a week or two later.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317595617' post='1039195']

I could possibly see it if we played Seattle before the trade deadline, but I can't see them trading Carson to Seattle with the chance that Palmer would face them a week or two later.
[/quote]

Yeah, poor tactics to have his snit the year of a lockout and no camp, when we play every team he said he wanted to play for.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1317601649' post='1039293']
Well they were 0-3 and trying to trade for him so I don't think one loss will stop that.
[/quote]

I guess as a long term solution at QB it could work...but I dont think henne getting hurt is going to make them more desperate because this year is a wash for them anyways...

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1317601793' post='1039294']

I guess as a long term solution at QB it could work...but I dont think henne getting hurt is going to make them more desperate because this year is a wash for them anyways...
[/quote]
They were trying to trade for a starting QB all year and now Hene is hurt just gives them more of an excuse to. They have to do something to try keep fans around. Hene gave them a slight chance to win but their backup gives them zero. Trading for Palmer will give the fans hope.

[quote name='Hint of Snow' timestamp='1317602264' post='1039308']
The coach is Miami is likely going to be the first one shown the door this season. If I am a new coach there I want to pick my guy.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't want CP but it doesn't seem likely.
[/quote]

Well you could do the Kitna thing as a new coach - used CP to let the new guy watch for a while.

Archived