Shows to watch.... im running out...

GoBengals

So nobody thinks "The Middle" or "Modern Family" is funny? "Modern Family" especially is just hysterical. It may vary from episode to episode, I have only seen a couple but what I have seen it is just balls out hilarious. I am cheesy though.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1319500150' post='1050862']
So nobody thinks "The Middle" or "Modern Family" is funny? "Modern Family" especially is just hysterical. It may vary from episode to episode, I have only seen a couple but what I have seen it is just balls out hilarious. I am cheesy though.
[/quote]
Modern Family is pretty good. The Middle is ok but I find my self watching it each week.

I really dig "It's Always Sunny", "Modern Family", and "Parks and Recreation"

Sunny
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7MC6yseBGU&feature=related[/media]

Modern Family
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KMOwBBT6iA&feature=related[/media]

Parks and Rec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAQ4yNgXelk&feature=player_embedded#!

No one ever plugs Supernatural in these threads. Season's one and two were good, three and four were great, and season five may have been the best season of anything I've ever watched on tv. Season six was an after thought but but season seven has started out pretty good.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1319494179' post='1050842']
I'm half way through season 2 of Prison Break and I'm hooked. I was gonna watch 2 episodes on Netflix today and ended up watching like 6.
[/quote]

It is at about that point that that show takes a serious turn for the worse...

I see that Netflix streaming just added The Walking Dead.

They've also added "The Colony" which I highly recommend. Its a reality show or "social experiment" as they call it where they take a bunch of individuals and place them in a post apocolyptic setting where they have to fned for themselves, build their own weapons, find food, build transportation, etc.. They throw in some normal people but also have engineers, marine biologists, etc... as part of the group. Season 2 they made a solar powered motorcycle.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1319565730' post='1051284']
I watch Hoarders, it's awesome.
[/quote]

I as well.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1319401668' post='1050113']
Workaholics
[/quote]

I know I already expressed my liking of Workaholics, but as time goes by my appreciation of this show continues to grow.

Scenes like the body building show and the episode where the guys tried to avoid getting a boner (due to a new, hot coworker).

Classic stuff man.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1320094083' post='1054317']

I as well.

I know I already expressed my liking of Workaholics, but as time goes by my appreciation of this show continues to grow.

Scenes like the body building show and the episode where the guys tried to avoid getting a boner (due to a new, hot coworker).

Classic stuff man.
[/quote]

They had me at 'loose butthole'.

I think Terra Nova and Falling Skies are both cool but miss the mark and just either look cheaply or flow badly or something. There is something about both of them where I will watch every week but I would never say thats a good show. Now a show like the Killing I think is an awesome show but can't explain why. Definitely reccommend that. I dont think there is anyway that go will like the colony. I liked it the first season but then they started staging like attacks and stuff on the people which were absurd and then the very end of episode one with that one guy...its just a weird show.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1319562282' post='1051235']
I hate shows where dad's are stupid, Modern Family, you're only the 1000000000000000000000000th show to do this.
[/quote]

There are like 6 types of shows that make up most of tv.

1. Oaf husband and wise cracking smart ass wife.
2. Crime Drama
3. Medical Drama
4. Reality competition show
5. Legal Drama
6. "Can you beleive what that person just said" Comedy...including 2 and 1 half men and Whitney.

I tried to watch Terra Nova. In theory it should be a good show. In reality, it's just another failed network POS. I swear some uptight member of the morality police writes that show - with the perfect 50's family facing prehistoric crisis. Bleh...
Networks need to take a note from FX, AMC, SHO and HBO. Shows like Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Breaking Bad, etc are doing it the right way and the nets are still lost in space with their meager offerings.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320112529' post='1054429']

There are like 6 types of shows that make up most of tv.

1. Oaf husband and wise cracking smart ass wife.
2. Crime Drama
3. Medical Drama
4. Reality competition show
5. Legal Drama
6. "Can you beleive what that person just said" Comedy...including 2 and 1 half men and Whitney.
[/quote]

Don't forget fake make believe garbage like outer space shows.

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1320341503' post='1055471']
I tried to watch Terra Nova. In theory it should be a good show. In reality, it's just another failed network POS. I swear some uptight member of the morality police writes that show - with the perfect 50's family facing prehistoric crisis. Bleh...
Networks need to take a note from FX, AMC, SHO and HBO. Shows like Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Breaking Bad, etc are doing it the right way and the nets are still lost in space with their meager offerings.
[/quote]

Completely agree. I think its a really cool concept. Hopefully it gets canceled and picked up by another network.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320345797' post='1055498']

Completely agree. I think its a really cool concept. Hopefully it gets canceled and picked up by another network.
[/quote]

Weird note in regard to Terra Nova.
The dood that plays "Taylor", the ruffian soldier is a guy named Stephen Lang.
This guy seems to always play some bad ass commander type, but he reminded me of another actor I remember from years back, who usually played the loser-ish, nerd-ish jerk - I looked him up and sure enough it's the same guy.

Lang as Freddie Lounds in Manhunter (the original Hannibal Lecter movie)
[img]http://www.filmsite.org/fotos/manhunter3.jpg[/img]

Lang today:
[img]http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM3NzE4OTc2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE4OTE2MQ@@._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg[/img]

Strange acting career no doubt..

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1320348221' post='1055514']

Weird note in regard to Terra Nova.
The dood that plays "Taylor", the ruffian soldier is a guy named Stephen Lang.
This guy seems to always play some bad ass commander type, but he reminded me of another actor I remember from years back, who usually played the loser-ish, nerd-ish jerk - I looked him up and sure enough it's the same guy.

Lang as Freddie Lounds in Manhunter (the original Hannibal Lecter movie)
[img]http://www.filmsite.org/fotos/manhunter3.jpg[/img]

Lang today:
[img]http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM3NzE4OTc2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE4OTE2MQ@@._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg[/img]

Strange acting career no doubt..
[/quote]

He basically played the same character in Avatar.

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1320341503' post='1055471']
[/quote]

We have very similar tastes in shows, I left out Breaking Bad, I was a sleeper on it. Just now finishing the first season, It is a brilliant show. The first episode of American Horror Story had me feeling a little iffy about it, but it has really picked up. And well S.O.A never lets me down! this season has been a roller coaster and I can't wait to see what happens.

Archived