Worst officiated game since?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1323030701' post='1070999']
It's the not main reason they're losing, but this is the worst officiated game I've seen in a LONG time. On both sides.
[/quote]

I guess main is debatable. There was a blatant holding on the TD to wallace, a blatant block in the back on the Punt return for TD, and a blatant no facemask on the call on reggie to set up their last td. There were also questionable calls that took away our first TD. There was also a bad false start call on whit before the punt return that made our chances of getting a first down a lot harder.

So yes we have played like shit. But even if we were playing our best game we would probably still be losing with these calls/no calls.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1323030781' post='1071006']
Steelers still are better than us. Maybe we'll rough them up from here on out. Maybe pad some Dalton stats for ROTY.

Shwew, what a tough game to keep watching.
[/quote]

They took it off the air here in San Antonio.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1323030877' post='1071010']

I guess main is debatable. There was a blatant holding on the TD to wallace, a blatant block in the back on the Punt return for TD, and a blatant no facemask on the call on reggie to set up their last td. There were also questionable calls that took away our first TD. There was also a bad false start call on whit before the punt return that made our chances of getting a first down a lot harder.

So yes we have played like shit. But even if we were playing our best game we would probably still be losing with these calls/no calls.
[/quote]

Dont forget the 45 yard pass interference call that the ball was completely not catchable

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1323031028' post='1071017']
Sorry. The officiating has been bad, but to even bring it up during this ass raping (nothing personal, Big Jen) is kind of futile.

They're better than us, and they're handing us our asses today.
[/quote]

No offense, but I think you are wrong. The officiating is what made this game a blowout. It would/should have been a hard fought game that went to the final couple series if it werent for bad officiating. 28 points have come directly from questionable calls. Thats a LOT of points to come from officiating.

The team is playing like garbage but they were never given a chance. The refs determined the bengals would not win this game, period.

There needs to be some kind of punishment for poor performing officials. Otherwise they just call what they want with no recourse. Perhaps a system where consistently poor performing officials are demoted to non-officiating status, without pay, until a spot opens up due to someone else being demoted.

Just an idea because SOMETHING has to be done.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1323031028' post='1071017']
Sorry. The officiating has been bad, but to even bring it up during this ass raping (nothing personal, Big Jen) is kind of futile.

They're better than us, and they're handing us our asses today.
[/quote]

This

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1323031289' post='1071027']
The team is playing like garbage but they were never given a chance. The refs determined the bengals would not win this game, period.

There needs to be some kind of punishment for poor performing officials. Otherwise they just call what they want with no recourse. Perhaps a system where consistently poor performing officials are demoted to non-officiating status, without pay, until a spot opens up due to someone else being demoted.

Just an idea because SOMETHING has to be done.
[/quote]

THIS

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1323031190' post='1071021']

No offense, but I think you are wrong. The officiating is what made this game a blowout. It would/should have been a hard fought game that went to the final couple series if it werent for bad officiating. 28 points have come directly from questionable calls. Thats a LOT of points to come from officiating.
[/quote]
No offense taken. My thoughts are the same regarding your stance. Nothing personal, as well. Unless the refs are responsible for tackling, of course. Then I'll reverse my stance. Great teams overcome bad calls. This team is good. They aren't great.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1323031416' post='1071037']
No offense taken. My thoughts are the same regarding your stance. Nothing personal, as well. Unless the refs are responsible for tackling, of course. Then I'll reverse my stance. Great teams overcome bad calls. This team is good. They aren't great.
[/quote]

I said this in another thread...but i have seen a lot of great teams lose games on bad officiating. We arent the first and we arent the last.

Id love another shot at these guys in the playoffs with AJ, Dunlap, Sims, Smith, Clements, etc. We are really hurt and the stealers are actually very healthy now.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1323031416' post='1071037']
[/quote]

Agreed. Were good, not great.

Future is bright but we still have alot of things to addresss

fix the 2ndary, get younger on oline and rb, and just gain in experience and well be ok

but were a team on the verge, but not quite ready for prime time yet

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323031593' post='1071048']

fix the 2ndary, get younger on oline and rb, and just gain in experience and well be ok

[/quote]

Agree with most of this except for the last line. I think we have shown in every other game besides this one that we can stick with the big boys. Obviously havent proven we can win the big game yet, but if you can make the playoffs you will have more shots.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1323032153' post='1071079']

Agree with most of this except for the last line. I think we have shown in every other game besides this one that we can stick with the big boys. Obviously havent proven we can win the big game yet, but if you can make the playoffs you will have more shots.
[/quote]

What I mean by not ready for prime time is win these types of games.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323031593' post='1071048']

[/quote]

Why are we talking like this was the last game of the season? There is still a lot of football left to play..

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323032364' post='1071089']

What I mean by not ready for prime time is win these types of games.
[/quote]

Im just saying next "prime time" game I think we have a good shot at winning. I wouldnt say we arent ready to win a game like that. We just havent yet.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1323032547' post='1071097']

Why are we talking like this was the last game of the season? There is still a lot of football left to play..
[/quote]

It's not, we still should get into the playoffs beating the teams we should beat. If we chance out and get a team like the Texans in the first round, we might even get a win in them.

But I agree with Munoz, were not gonna win a SB this year.

Archived