Worst officiated game since?

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1323352889' post='1072164']

Please? I'm not fluent in sophomore.
[/quote]

Then you don't get much around here I imagine. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I am getting tired.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1323353840' post='1072171']
If you are saying you disagree...then just say so. Veiled insults are for comedians. I have never seen you as the comedic type, so what's up?
[/quote]

I think the endless roundabout has worn grooves through the floor at this point. I guess the real question is why participate at all? Perhaps it's better not to "join 'em" if "beating 'em" becomes out of the question.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1323352772' post='1072162']

State differently then.
[/quote]

It's embarrassing. We lost by 28 points and it's embarrassing that a few folks cant admit they were the better team that day, sure the reffing could have been better but this whole "they are allowed to cheat" or "they must have made the call to Goodell" stuff is embarrassing.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323354829' post='1072179']

[img]http://orgtheory.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/geek.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Except you were actually in the marching band and played a flute whereas this picture of your father is totally irrelevant.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323354954' post='1072180']

It's embarrassing. We lost by 28 points and it's embarrassing that a few folks cant admit they were the better team that day, sure the reffing could have been better but this whole "they are allowed to cheat" or "they must have made the call to Goodell" stuff is embarrassing.
[/quote]

What's embarrassing is you acting like the penalties and to be totally frank, lack there of, called on Pissburg, didn't affect that margin. I never said that they weren't the better team that day, and without the officials help they still probably would have won, but the calls or lack there of, on the squealers is VERY reflective in that score. I know, if I don't like your "opinions", I should put you on ignore. Instead, how about ever time you have a bad one,I'll just decide to call you out on it.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1323357131' post='1072193']

Except you were actually in the marching band and played a flute whereas this picture of your father is totally irrelevant.
[/quote]

uh, I never played flute.

and dont be mad at me Gandalf

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1323357914' post='1072196']

What's embarrassing is you acting like the penalties and to be totally frank, lack there of, called on Pissburg, didn't affect that margin. I never said that they weren't the better team that day, and without the officials help they still probably would have won, but the calls or lack there of, on the squealers is VERY reflective in that score. I know, if I don't like your "opinions", I should put you on ignore. Instead, how about ever time you have a bad one,I'll just decide to call you out on it.
[/quote]

Right but show me where I've ever said the refs didnt have an effect on the game? Rather what I've said is you dont lose by 28 points and that be completely on the refs, that when you lose by 28, you likely lost to the better team that day, and the "zomg goodell called it in" stuff would be funny if it werent so sad.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323362098' post='1072214']

Right but show me where I've ever said the refs didnt have an effect on the game? Rather what I've said is you dont lose by 28 points and that be completely on the refs, that when you lose by 28, you likely lost to the better team that day, and the "zomg goodell called it in" stuff would be funny if it werent so sad.
[/quote]

Point. and as LT would say, "fair dinkum."

[img]http://armzrace.com/cej/CannonFodder/argument.jpg[/img]

Well the Bengals would have had another 7 points if they ignored the flinch by Green. He's allowed to go in motion so as long as he's not moving forward or in the neutral zone at the snap, it shouldn't have been called. The Steelers got at least 14 points from an uncalled block in the back on the punt return that they wouldn't have had time to overcome with a long drive. They had an obvious hold go uncalled on a TD pass, that would have led to them trying a FG. They benefited from a marginal PI call to the tune of 50 yards that set up a TD. Account for all those and you have a 17-14 game that's close in the 2nd half. Anybody could have won in that case.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1323301858' post='1072120']
See I don't agree with that at all. We came out hot & were kicking their ass up and down the field until the refs decided not to let us score.
[/quote]

AJ moved...its a penalty...no one on offense can move like that. Its fucking shitty, but that was a penalty and hopefully a rookie mistake. How about we man up and score on the next play or pick up 6 yards and make the FG even easier instead of blaming the refs?

There were plenty of bad calls but we lost that game by playing like shit.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1323370685' post='1072258']

AJ moved...its a penalty...no one on offense can move like that. Its fucking shitty, but that was a penalty and hopefully a rookie mistake. How about we man up and score on the next play or pick up 6 yards and make the FG even easier instead of blaming the refs?

There were plenty of bad calls but we lost that game by playing like shit.
[/quote]

yea I don't mind them for calling that one, other than the fact that I saw the stealers do the same thing or worse twice and not get called for it.

Why do some of you keep pointing to the "margin of victory" like it proves they would have won anyway? That's like saying that since Barry Bonds broke the HR record it proves he wasn't on steroids.

I don't know who really should of won that game, and neither does anyone else, because it wasn't officiated fairly. I don't know how much simpler I can make it?

Say we're playing Scrabble and I've secretly got a pocketful of letters I'm using to cheat, don't you think the score is probably going to reflect that? If I then point to the lopsided score when you accuse me of cheating and say "you would have lost anyway", that would be ridiculous to the point of being insulting, right?

Right?

FFS.

I think some People are severely underestimating the importance of the no call on the punt return. If they call that we go into halftime with some momentum down 14 with a chance to make it 7 by getting the ball back to start the third. Instead we go into halftime down 21 and with the stealers having all the momentum in the world,

And that's just 1 call. If they called the blatant hold on Geathers on the Wallace td that is another 4 points off the board likely. Those two calls right there is the difference between being down 10 and 21 at halftime. And if you don't think that could have made a big diff in the outcome of the second half yOu are ignorant.

Not the sole reason we lost the game, but it pretty much took the chances of a second half comeback that weve done all year including against them right out of our hands.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323387312' post='1072327']
the problem is some of you guys are acting like they got every single call wrong and if they had just called all of them in our favor instead we would've won

I'm embarrassed for some of you
[/quote]

Im sure some people here are worried that you are embarrassed for them but moving on...

I dont think anyone has said they got every call wrong. I think as many people have pointed out they definitely missed 3 or 4 calls that had HUGE impacts on the game. I noted the two above that bug me most the non holding on the wallace TD and the block in the back on the Punt.

If those are both called we are down 10 instead of 21. As I said in my last post that you ignored, havent we come from down 10 multiple times this season? Hell Id argue we play better down 10. But being down 21 with no momentum is a big difference. Cant you admit that? If you can, that it is very easy to say the game could have gone a different direction if they make those two calls.

But I know you wont admit that because you are so "anti homer" that you would never want to agree with something that you think the is even close to a "homeristic" (for lack of a better word) opinion.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323387312' post='1072327']
the problem is some of you guys are acting like they got every single call wrong and if they had just called all of them in our favor instead we would've won

I'm embarrassed for some of you
[/quote]

aren't you embarrassed enough for yourself?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1323393871' post='1072351']
No never mind your right, Rooney called his boy Rodger...

druka durka
[/quote]

I love how how someone makes a good response pointing out specific things and then instead of responding with good information, opinions or stats you respond with a comment like that. I guess I'll just take it that you couldn't combat it and gave up.

Archived