!!!!BENGALS @ TEXANS PLAYOFF GAME THREAD!!!!

[quote name='BronxBengal' timestamp='1325983767' post='1086377']

Well we had three big games this year for us to make the playoffs, but they backed into it, 0-3. Playoff game with the Jets, LOST. A couple of years ago we needed to beat the Broncos on Christmas Eve to make the playoffs, LOST. We choked against the steelers in Marvin's first playoff appearance. The MNF victory and Chiefs are regular season games. Those games are not "have" too wins.
[/quote]

I could've sworn they beat the Rams and Cardinals.

[quote name='staticx682000' timestamp='1325983849' post='1086387']
Look what change did for this team this year on the o side of the ball i don't think anyone really thought we would make it this far, so i think it may be time to look at some more coaching changes at Hc and some other positions and bring in some fresh faces and see if we can find that same thing on that side of the ball. Just saying I think marvin has done a great job here but i think its about time to consider cutting bait at a couple more coaching positions.
[/quote]

Marvin needs to go. He is at best an average coach.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1325983788' post='1086379']
We lost J Joe because mike wouldn't match the guaranteed money for a pro bowl home grown top 5 CB?

I have to say im not surprised in the least
[/quote]

Pretty certain he said the money was about the same, but he felt like houston was more ready to win.

[quote name='BronxBengal' timestamp='1325983767' post='1086377']

Well we had three big games this year for us to make the playoffs, but they backed into it, 0-3. Playoff game with the Jets, LOST. A couple of years ago we needed to beat the Broncos on Christmas Eve to make the playoffs, LOST. We choked against the steelers in Marvin's first playoff appearance. The MNF victory and Chiefs are regular season games. Those games are not "have" too wins.[/quote]

You asked about big games. I gave you an easy one. Stop being all rage filled over a bad statement. Today stunk. Walk it off.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1325983917' post='1086395']

I could've sworn they beat the Rams and Cardinals.
[/quote]

We did. We also beat the Chiefs 2 years ago to clinch the playoffs. what do those 3 teams have in common? They all sucked.

Good teams Marvin has lost to in December/January:
Stillers (Shank miss)
Ravens last week
Texans
Jets X 2
Chargers 2 years ago
Stillers (Kimo)
Broncos (botched snap)

Coaching. Or lack thereof.

[quote name='DontPushMe' timestamp='1325983938' post='1086398']
wish brown had the balls to fire lewis, i know he wont, but this was one of the worst coached games ive ever watched, he just doesnt have it, some people are just better cordinators
[/quote]

I've been saying that for years.
Marvin simply is not a good game day coach.
This team will be nothing but mediocre or worse with him around.
He is lost, over his head and totally befuddled.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1325984150' post='1086411']
Is it unprecedented for a third-string rookie QB to lead his team to a playoff win and have that win be only the third of his career? I would have to think that has never happened.

By the way, Yates has three wins in his NFL career, and two have come against the Bengals. Nice.
[/quote]
You just made me puke a little in my mouth.

Is it unprecedented for a third-string rookie QB to lead his team to a playoff win and have that win be only the third of his career? I would have to think that has never happened.

By the way, Yates has three wins in his NFL career, and two have come against the Bengals. Nice.
[/quote]

As a Bengals fan, I am very embarrassed to know that. Another embarassing Bengals first. This franchise is so horrible. Season tickets anyone?

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325983807' post='1086381']
just can't understand how gresham goes until the 4th quarter before he catches a pass? hell, i don't remember him even being targeted before then, tho maybe i'm wrong on that account.
[/quote]
Houston did a great job double teaming him for the most part. Simpson was mostly in single coverage but he simply isn't polished enough to be the go to guy.

Also, I hope MB has a brainwave and makes Marvin Lewis the GM.

Scrub that, I hope MB steps down and hands over ownership to Katy Blackburn, so she can make Marvin Lewis GM.

[/quote]

Yates did not do a whole lot. We just could not stop Foster. The Johnson TD was shitty coverage.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1325984190' post='1086413']

I've been saying that for years.
Marvin simply is not a good game day coach.
This team will be nothing but mediocre or worse with him around.
He is lost, over his head and totally befuddled.
[/quote]

Just don't know if I agree with this. We have some big holes on this team. We have no RB's, our S's are weak and we were playing without our best D player in Hall. We also need help at G.

Fill those holes and let's see how it shakes out.

The game was a perfect summation of Marvin Lewis as a coach.

Start out the game with the lead then get completely outplayed and outcoached the rest of the game.

TERRIBLE use of challenges on calls that were not important in the least.

COMPLETE lack of adjustments at any point.

The game was clearly too big for them once Houston scored.

Entire team quit on him today.

Absolutely zero depth at DB.

How in the fuck is livings still on this team? I mean seriously?

This game was a complete and total embarrassment that the whole nation got to witness.

Archived