!!!!BENGALS @ TEXANS PLAYOFF GAME THREAD!!!!

smoke and mirrors boys. not as good as advertised. defense drastically fell apart the last half of the season. it showed today. they need to get some quality guys in the offseason through the draft and free agency. this game fell right in line with the rest of the big games this season. all in all though, very impressed with what they have accomplish this season considering what was expected.

MLB positiom must be fixed, Rey has not shown up when games get big. These great USC guys never turned out as hoped, time to turn the page. Crocker has been abused too. I must say that this broadcast really shows where our weakness is. MLB and safety...and we need corner.

[quote name='Haigin88' timestamp='1325982774' post='1086308']

Uh, are you a bengals fan? I fully expected this. Every time I thought they would win I thought “but Marvin Lewis is coaching them"
[/quote]

i'll give you an early fair warning. you aren't going to last long around here spouting that bullshit, newbie.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1325982942' post='1086323']
There not this bad they have just quit.
[/quote]
Imo there are 6 starting d players that have helped cover up the bad play of the rest of the starters and we have had some nice off the bench play also.Today they just couldn't cover up that bad play.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1325982973' post='1086326']
I don't get the Marvin hate here. He doesn't look at the tape for review. He's not calling the offense or the defense. He's sure as heck not telling the defensive players to play like chumps... Marvin took a team in an abyss, and engineered a playoff run with an extra couple draft picks.

Today sucks something terrible, but Marvin isn't the evil ringmaster I'm reading about.
[/quote]
I'm mad and emotional about this disappointing showing, but the above is the truth.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1325982973' post='1086326']I don't get the Marvin hate here. He doesn't look at the tape for review. He's not calling the offense or the defense. He's sure as heck not telling the defensive players to play like chumps... Marvin took a team in an abyss, and engineered a playoff run with an extra couple draft picks.

Today sucks something terrible, but Marvin isn't the evil ringmaster I'm reading about.[/quote]

Right, although at least one of the challenges was dumb, IMO.

The OL run blocking has been terrible, Dalton has struggled, and this has been a horrid defensive effort.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1325983216' post='1086349']
Hopefully they learn something from this experience. We knew this wasn't a Super Bowl team, so maybe this experience will help when/if the stars do line up for the team to make a run at a title.
[/quote]
"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

[quote name='BronxBengal' timestamp='1325983192' post='1086345']

One game in 10 years is not a good average. Hell that was at least seven years ago.[/quote]

That was the easy yes to your absurd none. Not going to squabble over what you may or may not consider big.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1325982617' post='1086292']
Time for Marvin to go. I am sick of this team coming up short in big games and dumb sideline decisions.
[/quote]

hell add in coach like jay hayes, jeff friday, chip mortan, and jeff fitzgerald to the list of those that need to be fired.and you
thrown in paul alexander . sad thing is they will still have job as long as marvin here,they will still have job.at least hue jackson would have the ball's to fire coach's he thought were underachieving.

Archived